Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Bharti to meet with an accident in Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo..

Bharti will go missing after an accident in Imagine's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo...

sumisa91 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Leaving Balika Vadhu was a big mistake?

She played Suguna (Jagya's sister) in Balika Vadhu and became a household name, but a year ago, Veebha Anand quit the show to play the main lead in Sanskaar Laxmi. 

Any actor in her place would do just that. After all, she was getting to play the title role in a Sanskar Laxmi, which was touted to be one of the biggest shows almost on the lines of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. 

But Sanskaar failed to impress audiences, registering low television rating points (TRPs) from the beginning. It's soon going to go off air. Meanwhile, Balika Vadhu has come back with a bang and is one of the top rated shows today. So, how does Vibha feel about this? Does she have any regrets? Incidentally, Veebha's onscreen husband in Balika - Vikrant Massey - also quit the show along with her because he was offered the main lead in Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo. This serial too has not been high on the rating charts. So does Vikrant today feel quitting Balika was the not the best thing to do? BT asked both the actors and this is what they had to say... 

Veebha: "I always wanted to play a lead and got a good opportunity in Sanskar Laxmi. I am just 19 and Balika was taking a leap time and again. I feel I am too young to play a mother's role and even though Suguna was much more popular than my current role, there was not much I was doing in Balika. There were some supporting scenes here and there. As for the TRPs of Sanskar..., I can't really do anything in that since I am an actor and my job is just to act. The show may be going off air, but I really have no regrets." 

Vikrant: 
"I have certainly no regrets about any decision I take. Balika was an amazing show and shows like these are made once in a blue moon. I have never worked for TRPs and certainly did not walk out of the show for the same. I did a lead role in Dharamveer before I took up Balika. In fact, I had my prior commitment to Baba... and that is why I had to leave the show. I am still very proud that I got to play a character like Shyam in Balika and am a regular viewer of the show as well."

Edited by sumisa91 - 12 years ago
sumisa91 thumbnail

Ashita Dhawan recreates her house on the sets

Ashita Dhawan who essays the character Gaushala in Raakesh Paswan's Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo, has literally brought her home on the sets for she feels that the set is like a second home for her .

And since she spends most of her time in her make-up room, she has decided to decorate it like her bedroom.

And since she spends most of her time in her make-up room, she has decided to decorate it like her bedroom.

Says Ashita, "I have some beautiful LCD lights and posters which adorn my bedroom and I have purchased similar lights and posters for my make-up room as well. I have also kept my marriage, honeymoon and the Bidaaiteam's snaps in it too, as they make me nostalgic of my Bidaai days and my family. And so now, my make-up room is identical to my bedroom. My producer (Raakesh Paswan) was very impressed with this idea so much that he insisted my co-actors to decorate their rooms in a similar fashion. In fact he is thinking of conducting a competition amongst all actors. He also said that whoever will decorate it nicely, they will be announced as a winner and will get some reward as well. For time being, I am the sole winner." Your sure make your home wherever your heart is Ashita!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Ashita-Dhawan-recreates-her-house-on-the-sets/articleshow/9538866.cms

sumisa91 thumbnail
Found an old article (June 2011) online, thought it would be worthwhile sharing it with everyone! Some news for the ears ;)

Monsoon Calling for Juhi and Ashita!

Ashita Dhawan playing Gaushala and Juhi Aslam playing Bharti in Raakesh Paswan's Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo shot a rain sequence.
But unlike the rain sequence that symbolises romance and proximity, this particular scene saw the two ladies indulging in a verbal duel of sorts. In this particular scene, Gaushala blasts Bharti accusing her of being responsible for her getting the step-motherly treatment from the family. They shot non-stop for eight hours in the rain and are now scared of falling sick. The two actresses had a blast and it was the first time Juhi Aslam who hails from small town near Agra enjoyed the shoot to the hilt. Both Ashita and Juhi feel that this was one of the best scenes of their lives which also offered them a chance to show their histronics. Juhi Aslam says, "I had a blast shooting in the rain with Ashita. It was a life time experience. It's the first time I shot while getting drenched as it poured."

sumisa91 thumbnail
There you go one more old article (February 2011) :)

People respect me now: Juhi

The protagonist of "Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo", Juhi Aslam was in Jaipur a few days back. She spoke about how her life has changed post the serial. And how she has always faced the world without any qualms and also helped her parents financially. 

Life for 20-year-old Bharti aka Juhi Aslam hasn't been a bit easy due to her height. Juhi, who hails from a village near Agra, always wanted to be a doctor, and was stunned when she got a call to audition for a daily soap. Unable to make it to the auditions because of her college examinations, the actor sent her video on mobile to the producer of the serial. Though she was not the first choice of the director, she did manage to get the role. "Mein paanch kapde lekar Mumbai aayi thi aur maine kabhi nahi socha tha ki mera selection ho jayega. Ab toh sab kuch ek khawab as lagta hai," says Juhi. She says her real and reel characters are alike, "the only difference is I am not married in real life." Life has changed immensely for this girl who yearns to watch a movie as and when she gets free from her shooting. Abhi maine "Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji" dekhi aur mujhe bahut achi lagi," she says. "Earlier, everyone used to mock me and pass comments at my height, but now, they have started respecting me," she shares. 

Ask her about the forthcoming projects and she looks worried. "I got this role because the script demanded a dwarf. But I am afraid there won't be many serials that would demand a character like this." Perhaps that's why she's not given up her studies. "I am in my final year. No matter what happens, I will complete my studies," she says. 

niveditha thumbnail
Bharti's past life to get revealed in Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo!

Bharti regains her memory in Baba Aiso Varr...

niveditha thumbnail
Archana Taide to essay past life Bharti in Baba Aiso

Archana Taide as Mrinalini in Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo...

niveditha thumbnail
Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo is all set to shake up its audiences as it introduces yet another twist to its tale when the past and the present will come face to face.

Murli and Bharti will discover that they were husband and wife even in their past life with the help of a tantric. Bharti, who is born as a midget will be told by the tantric that she was a beautiful and arrogant girl called Mrinalini in her past life. She was forcefully married to Krishna (past birth of Murli). Proud Mrinalini never reciprocated Krishna's love and also aborted their child.

An angry Krishna then condemned her act of cruelty and curses her. Saddened by her arrogance and pride in the past life that hurts her then husband, Bharti sets out to seek redemption. The show also introduces a new character, Vani, played by actress Vani Sharma. Will she play a part in bringing Bharti and Murli back together?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Bhartis-tryst-with-her-past/articleshow/9968086.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Bharti to seek for forgiveness in Baba Aiso

The show takes a dramatic turn as Bharti realizes her mistake she committed in her previous life...

sumisa91 thumbnail
Juhi Aslam: The Wonder girl

Actor Juhi Aslam considers Rakesh Paswan as her godfather

Juhi Aslam! The name surely rings a bell in your mind. This tiny girl from Agra has proved her acting credibility in the last one year with her debut show Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo by Rakesh Paswan on Imagine. In spite of her short height, Juhi made a mark for herself and we can proudly say that she is now the new star in the industry.

Juhi feels that producer Rakesh came in her life as a mentor and godfather. She believes in the power of Almighty and says, ""God has the supreme power and he only decides everyone's fate in this universe. But if you ask me apart from that I see my god in Rakesh Paswan too."" Rakesh conceived this show and gave Juhi the golden opportunity in the glamour world. When Juhi came to Mumbai it was Rakesh with whom she stayed for two months as the maker wanted to hide her visibility from media due to the storyline. ""I had a great time so far and I owe Rakesh whatever I have achieved in this industry so far,"" she says.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Juhi-Aslam-The-Wonder-girl/articleshow/10303962.cms