Fashion and Beauty

-Wedding Jewellery-

.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Wedding Jewellery

I don't know about other religions but being a Bengali..ive seen that most of the brides jewellery is gold..  The groom side gifts the bride gold.. From necklace to earrings to bangles to the side head piece.. some groom side family give more and others keep to giving the basic which is necklace/earrings and bangles..

If your not?
- Would you want a lot of gold? 

Love Jiyaa!
Edited by .Jiya. - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
LOL I would obviously want gold!
I prefer white gold with diamonds tho! Like that combination a lot! 
And I think light, elegant jewelery is always better since you can wear it even after the wedding. 
.ava thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG I was just talking to my mom about what kind of jewellery I want to wear at my wedding.

Well like I'm gonna have three diff weddings because I'm catholic, hindu and muslim (Roshni likes to call it CatLimDu😆) So this is probably how it's gonna go

Bengali Wedding (Muslim way)

I'm probably gonna have to wear yellow gold because it's like a big No No wearing white gold at Bengali wedding😆. I don't want heavy jewellery because I'm pretty sure my saree (which is gonna be draped bengali style) is going to be heavy. So for my bengali wedding, I guess I want yellow gold😊 Diamonds got be great as well

Indian Wedding (Hindu way)

Again I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up wearing yellow gold. I don't want it to be heavy because my lehenga is gonna have alot of work and I want that to be what everyone to notice that.😊 Again diamonds would be great😛

Italian Wedding (Catholic way)

OMG jewellary wise this wedding is gonna be my fav because I'm for sure gonna get to wear white gold (my fav!!!!). All my jewellery is gonna be white gold and diamonds!!!!!!!!!

I don't really like yellow gold but where I live, people love to gossip about brides and they like to "rate" what she's wearing (which is very stupid cuz it's her wedding, don't be mean!!!!!!!) so sticking to yellow gold is best (because they loveeeeee it😆)

Ava

.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If your married.. then..
-  Did you receive a lot of gold?

Yup! I wore yellow gold and rubies at my Bengali wedding which my hubby's fam bought me.

Then at my Indian wedding I wore yellow gold and sapphires which my parents bought me.

Then at my Italian wedding I wore diamonds and white gold!!! which my hubby and I bought.

I also got alot of jewellery as gifts from my brother,sister, aunts, uncles and other people. I still wear my diamonds and white gold and I don't wear the yellow gold ones, those are in the jewellery boxes.

@Ava: isn't it fun being CatLimDu, we get three weddings lol
Edited by angel_83191 - 13 years ago
Maryperez thumbnail
Originally posted by: angel_83191

If your married.. then..

-  Did you receive a lot of gold?

Yup! I wore yellow gold and rubies at my Bengali wedding which my hubby's fam bought me.

Then at my Indian wedding I wore yellow gold and sapphires which my parents bought me.

Then at my Italian wedding I wore diamonds and white gold!!! which my hubby and I bought.

I also got alot of jewellery as gifts from my brother,sister, aunts, uncles and other people. I still wear my diamonds and white gold and I don't wear the yellow gold ones, those are in the jewellery boxes.

@Ava: isn't it fun being CatLimDu, we get three weddings lol

Thats a lot of Weddings!
Edited by Maryperez - 13 years ago
Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Jiya!!
Where are your answers!?! lol
.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ..Sakshi..