Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiannax143 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
- Which one do you use?
 i love gel liners, i occasionally use pencil or liquid liner as well

- What is so good about it?

i love how gel liner is soo hard to take smudge lol, it's long lasting and i need it to last all day without having to fix it

+& Why is it better then the others?
pencil smudges too much and liquid liner is annoying to apply and most aren't water proof so you have to buy the waterproof one and it takes forever to clean off

- Which do you use more?

gel liner =) i love bobbi brown
Edited by Jiannax143 - 13 years ago
.ava thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Which one do you use?
Gel Liner <3 <3

It lasts long, easy to apply and great pigmentation, 

It's not rough like some pencil liners and I have to sharpen a pencil liner but for gel liner I use a brush so there's nothing to sharpen๐Ÿ˜† Liquid liner can't be applied to the waterline  but gel liners can! Also the pigmentation is wayyy better than the other two

- Which do you use more?
Gel liner (the one from the Maybelline Eye Studio line...it's my fav gel liner <3)

Ava  

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
 Which one do you use?
 Gel liner/ fluidline

great texture so really easy to apply and doesn't wear off soon. i lovee to apply kohl liner on my inner rim too but lately i've been using gel liner since it looks great as well and is smoother <3

its much more smoother and easy to apply since we use a brush. its not cakey and doesnt smudge. i guess mine looks more subtle and natural than the earlier pencil ones i've used

- Which do you use more?
gel-liner
xEnchanted thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Which one do you use? i use pencil

- What is so good about it? erm, its easy and quick to put on and it does bring your eyes on

+& Why is it better then the others? lol because like i said its easy to put on .

- Which do you use more? AVON eye pencil by colour play
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ok girls before u start rofling n wonder wat a guy is doing here
Its coz of my frnd ebony
I want to add the male perspective on this
Wat do guys use
Well islamically for both male and female
Its sunnah (something that prophet muhammad pbuh did) is recommended
To apply surma on bottom eyelids

Sunnah of Applying Surma                 
To apply Surma is a blessed Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). When he would go to sleep at night he would apply Surma in his blessed eyes. We should also try to practice this Sunnah as we will gain the reward and benefit in following the Sunnah and the worldly benefits too.
Best type of Surma
'Abd-Allah Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that, 'The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said that, ''among the best types of collyrium you use is ithmad, it clears the vision and makes the hair sprout.'

When to put Surma on
Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) has related that, 'The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) had a collyrium container out of which he applied collyrium every night, in each eye three times.'
It is the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) to apply Surma when going to sleep. It stays in the eyes for longer and makes it more effective.

Benefit of Surma
Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) has related that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said that, 'Apply antimony regularly, as it clears the sight, makes the eye lashes grow and is the best of things beautifying the eyes.'

How to put Surma on
Imran Ibn Abi Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) has related that, 'The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) would apply antimony thrice in the right eye and twice in the left.'

The application of Surma is Sunnah for both men and women and be done at night, three times in each eye.

Imam Shafi (may Allah's mercy be upon him) states that four things that strengthen the eyesight, to sit towards the Qibla, to use Surma before sleeping, to look towards something with green colour, and to keep the clothes clean.

Manners of applying the Surma

Supplication for applying Surma
'Allahumma Mat-Ti'Ni Bissam-e Wal Basar'.

'O Allah (The Exalted) give me benefit in listening and seeing'

Thereafter apply some Surma in the right eye once then the left and so on three times.

Edited by baz786 - 13 years ago
.Selena-Lauren. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I <3 You for posting a commenttt ๐Ÿ˜†

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Pencil, Liquid Or Gel Liners?

- Which one do you use?
 Mine is a roll on i guess you could say...its not exactly like pencil or liquid..
this is the one i use:

Its really soft! And the color comes out really dark (i use black)
 Its easier than Pencil for sure...you have to press really hard with the pencil at times, and this one goes on right away. Its also easier than liquid...if i mess up, its easy to take off.

I guess i already answered in the above question ๐Ÿ˜†

- Which do you use more?

My maybelline eyeliner that i posted. Im not sure which category it falls in...

.Selena-Lauren. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
My sister uses something like that, I remember when I tried to use it, it looked like I had a halloween mask, I couldn't control it. ๐Ÿคฃ I stick to my true black gel liner for uper lid, and then for my waterline I use pencil.
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Which one do you use?
I've never really come across gel liner but I use pencil for the bottom and felt tip liner for the top, like this:

Felt tip is easier to use than liquid, isn't smudgey but still looks really nice for going out
Pencil is quite soft and doesn't hurt, and is easy to change

Liquid liner can't be applied underneath and is really annoying if you make a mistake (I love how beautiful it looks when it works though)

- Which do you use more?
Felt tip liner, I use the one from Bourjois which I posted above