Recommend a Love Story

Posted: 13 years ago
Heyy ppl =)

I keep visiting dis forum nd im mostly a silent reader...I love reading books nd it is gud to kno so many ppl are interested nd keep recommening books nd talking nd all....i guess dis is my first topicc so its abt recommend a love story....I myself as reading books love reading LS mre...im a teenager so i usd 2 read small books be4 like enid blyton nd all bt nw wen twilight saga was released i read it so it was my first novel...aftr dat im interested in LS only thought twilight relle sucked...*no offence* 
In love stories cecelia ahern writes gr8 ...i hav read her books like where rainbows end nd ps i love u..nd evn nicholas sparks is awesomee...the way sparks writes jus brings tears alwayss...so here guyz recommend any nicee love story u like nd u hav read be4...also say wich books u like nd wich authors are nice for u...=)

Thnx 4 ur tymm =D

Luv
-Candy-
Hi Candy!

My first novel reading happened when I was 12, I started with Pride and Prejudice and only after reading it four times did I understand it all. 😆

If you want to read realistic love stories with modern English then I suggest, you should read Erich Segal's Love Story and Chetan Bhagat's Two States. I am personally fond of neither, they are just about okay but I feel, you should give em a try.

Nicholas Sparks is like GOD of romantic novelists! I recently read his The Last Song and trust me, his words are magical and have got a special ring to them in spite of being very simple. I could visualize the characters and I was totally into it while I read! You should go through the list of his novels, read the summaries and pick out the ones of your taste, I am sure you'd enjoy em.

And if you want to read period and epic romance with extremely difficult vocab, then you should go for Shakespeare and Jane Austen. These two authors were the best of their own periods. You should try reading Shakespeare's works in a modified and easy form first, if you like the stories, go ahead and read the literal version. And Jane Austen has written some of the finest romantic comedies, with a pinch of everything. You should definitely give them a try!

-KankyEdited by -Kanky- - 13 years ago
I second @-Kanky- Nicholas sparks and Jane Austen's romantic novels are just awesome....

Like Kanky said, I am not very fond of Eric Segal's love Story either. I think it's just about ok. But maybe you can give it a go. Everyone has different taste after all.

and Nicholas Sparks!!
I absolutely adore his books, especially The last song and The wedding. The wedding is just out of the world. I read it for like 6 times without getting bored.

Other books from him:

The notebook
a walk to remember
The lucky one

x x
Thnx guyzz for replying....i would go for nicholas sparks coz his stories melt my heart...nd im nt too fond of shakespear ...he jus spins my head wiid his words...hehee  nd abt othrs...thnx for recommending...i want a story like wich is relle gud evn by ur thoughts...i dun wanna give tries...too lazy....hahaha...thnx again =)
Nicholas Sparks is definitely awesome.

Have you tried Wuthering Heights? It's a really twisted love story, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless. Another messed-up love story is Dickens' Great Expectations.

Also, Lurlene McDaniel, I don't remember if her books are love stories, but they're really good too. She's more of a young adult writer, I'm not sure what age-type you're looking for...😳

I shall keep replying everytime I remember another one! :D

Love,
Bhav (:
^^ So glad you mentioned Lurlene Macdaniels before I did, Bhav 😃 She wrote this really beautiful one called I'll Be Seeing You that I'd recommend to romance readers of any age... keep the tissue box handy though 😭 And of course Sparks... The Wedding is the somewhat lighter sequel to The Notebook, it's really sweet and the characters are awwww 😍 And his True Believer is also really nice. Will think of more and be back 😃
-Dear John-
-The Last song-

By: Nichlos Sparks
@bhav , lola , swwetybaby : hey ppl thnx for recommending...will surely read nd ya update the posts if u remember sum mree...im luking fr love stories wich are relle meaningful nd ya i like if dey bring tears...i jus want sum stories dat i can be into dem....if u kno wat i mean !!! coz sum luv stories like twilight is jus mre nd mre abt intimacy evry 2 pgs of bk we read edward keeps kissing herr...i mean intimacy is ok bt sum relle true sweet nd touching story shld be hidden in it....like  a walk 2 remember by nicholas....dis is one bk wich i adore the most nd even where rainbows end by cecelia ahern...nd since im a teen i luv such bks mree <3
The Gargyole - Andrew Davidson

this book will take you by surprise. and it has about 4-5 lovestories interwined to make one great lovestory. Very Different. This book is amazing. 😊