FnB Help Desk: Post All Questions Here!

Posted: 13 years ago

Fashion & Beauty HELP Desk: Post All Questions Here!

Hey girls, 🤗
Please post any questions related to Fashion and Beauty in this topic. I'm sure someone will answer the question/s as soon as possible. We are trying to keep this section tidy without having 2 or 3 topics which all need advice in the same genre.

Thank You,
Ebony.
Edited by Ebony. - 13 years ago

Tips on How to Look After Your Hair.

To prevent this from happening to your hair, every friday or sunday night when you have a bath or shower, do not dry your hair! Leave it wet or even a bit damp and without combing it rub or massage baby oil in with your finger tips. Massage it in your scalp, tips, and over all. Keep doing this for about 3 - 4 weeks, and without a doubt you will see improvements; healthy, thick, straight and your hair will start groing longer.

After every 3 or 4 weeks try to visit a salon. You should always visit a salon or if you know someone who can cut hair properly; remember to always get a regular trim. This prevents split ends.

If you want to get shiny and smooth hair, massage mustard or jasmine hair oil into your hair about 3 or 4 times a week. Your hair will be ultra smooth, very soft, and you won't have to deal with frizzy hair.

Always, always! Use a heat protection syrum or spray before you straighten or even curl your hair. Apply this 5 minutes before, and you have put the syrum in your hair, comb through it. Wait for it to set because if you quickly and  start straightening your hair, you might end up frying it instead!

Tips On How to Look After Your Skin.

Remember to always change your pillow and bed sheets. This prevents skin from getting clogged with dust, dry skin and icky wicky spots.

Every morning and night use a face wash or an exfoliating scrub (it has to suit your skin type), and rinse and repeat again. After finishing dab your face with a hand/face towel gently. Then use a good moisturizer (again it has to suit your skin type) and massage thoroughly across your skin. Massage or rub in circles, this accesses your blood to flow through. Keep doing this for over just 3 or 4 weeks and you will get healthier and softer skin then ever.

Before wearing any type of make up, yes even eye make up. Always use a moisturizer before. You can get moisturizers from a drug store or a pharmacy. This will let your make up stay on longer and still keep your skin soft with make up on.

You should always use a toner.

After gym, when you're all sweaty use a water tank or spray bottle, shake it and then spray it on your face, you can always do this while wearing make up aswell, this helps the make up not get clogged into your pores or skin.

Ebony.x

Answering Questions.

How to grow / darken eyebrows?

- If you want to darken your eyebrows, you can always fill them in with an eyeliner which suits your haircolor or an eyeshadow with the applicator. Your hair groW*H is genetic, but if you really want them more fuller you could always ask someone whose been through the same process and has had theirs grown.

How do actresses have such beautiful hair?

- Not all actresses have beautiful hair. The lighting in movies/shows it differently to how it is really. You can always use high end shampoos and conditioners, oil your hair and just take care of your hair.

E.

P.S: Please post all questions here, we don't want topics for help all over this section of I-F. So please next time in future post questions here. 😛
Originally posted by Ankita0007

K I am new to this forum, so hello everybody:) My problem is that my eyebrows are quite light as compared to my other friends who have shaped their eyebrows. So I guess they arent sufficient enough but I want good eyebrows, & I want a proper shape. So can anyone tell me how to grow eyebrows or any other solution to my problem. Plz reply

i am new to makeup and all that

can you tell me what are the some essential brushes for makeup kit for a biginner

Hey Pinka28,

Oh I see, you're a new beginner.
Well since you are new to make up,
I suggest you should get some of these brushes:

A Foundation Brush,
A Concealer Brush,
Eyeshadow Brush/s,
Kabuki Brush,
+& A Blush Brush.

You can get any of these brushes at the official M.A.C website, or visit Sigma's.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

E.
Originally posted by Ebony.

Hey Pinka28,

Oh I see, you're a new beginner.
Well since you are new to make up,
I suggest you should get some of these brushes:

A Foundation Brush,
A Concealer Brush,
Eyeshadow Brush/s,
Kabuki Brush,
+& A Blush Brush.

You can get any of these brushes at the official M.A.C website, or visit Sigma's.

Feel free to ask anymore questions.

E.
THANX ALOT for replying
and yes i am new call me pinka
well can you tell whats the diffrence between eye shadow brush and concealer brush
and powder brush and blush brush

one more thing if you please tell me
which is better to use liquid foundation or compact foundation

hope i didn't asked much
and once agin thanx alot

Hey Pinka,
You can call me E. 😆

- The difference
each applicater is for different reasons,

a foundation brush will help your foundation smooth into your skin and blend it in properly.

A concealer brush will blend your concealer in, it will also help better then using your fingers because I think people over do they're concealer, and then they barely have any on by the end of the day.

A blush brush is to apply your blusher and highlighter on with.

A eyeshadow brush is much better then using your fingertips because it applies properly and theres no hassle.

A kabuki will apply your mineral base powder in more defined, kind of like an air brush look.

Personally,
I think Liquid Foundation is way better then compact foundation,
because it blends easily,
It leaves your skin feeling smooth,
and it's longer lasting.
Think of having a compact foundation it would make your skin sweat it off if you're doing something...
So yeah Liquid Foundation is good for me.
Even though I don't use it much.

Feel free to ask if you wish,

E.

Hi (:

So i have this horrible nail-biting habbit 😕
I really want my nails to grow....FAST!
How can I do so ?

Thanks! ❤️
You can get nail polishes which smell and taste disgusting, once you try to bite them you throw up. (My mom got it for me last year) and since then I don't bite my nails.

I'll try to find the make, and edit this post for you.

E.