Shankars Next Biggie 3 Idiots Remake

Posted: 13 years ago

Shankars Next Biggie – 3 Idiots Remake

3 Idiots Remake - Vijay-Jeeva-Siddarth-Sathyaraj

Director Shankar's next biggie after his magnum opus Endhiran will be the remake of the Hindi blockbuster 3 Idiots.

Super Star Rajinikanth – Aishwarya Rai starred 'Endhiran', directed by Shankar has carved a name for itself in the history of tamil cinema by generating enormous amount of income at the box office.

Shankar has had a hectic schedule over the past couple of years with Endhiran in the making and now following the tremendous success of 'Endhiran', he is ready to pack his bags to travel to some foreign country along with family. 3 Idiots will commence soon after Shankar returns from his vacation.

The stars for the film have been finalized after many speculations from media and the pre-production work has already started.

Actor Vijay will be donning the role made memorable by Aamir Khan in the original. Also Shankar has finalized with  Jeeva while  Siddharth/Arya  will play the other rile. In the Telugu version Vijay will be replaced by Mahesh Babu, sources report. Sathyaraj is expected to play the professor role in the film.

Shankar is a man of perfection and a director par excellence. Beginning from his debut film "Gentleman" (1993) to his latest release "Robot", his films have a common thread. He has the capacity to embellish his work with the perfect finish and splendor.His films always impart a message and each time the budget of his film gets more phenomenal. His technical wizardry takes him much ahead of his contemporaries.This is best seen in his latest release "Endhiran – The Robot".

But by moving to  remake scripts will Shankar hold on to his current fame .

I hope Vijay will live up to Aamir's challenging role.  Instead of all the crap is doing now.
meh..interesting! I wonder if he'll be able to live up to the movie.

aww, I wanted Siddarth to play Amir's role. oh well! the other guy is good too! (=
It'll be interesting to see how the remakes turn out !
3 Idiots was an amazing movie, hope the remakes turn out well ... I don't really like remakes of films..

It will be interesting.. for sure.. but how good the remake is going to be.. thats the question.. whoever is the remaker but nothjing can match the original atleast for this film...
Shankar doing a remake??? Why??😕
Secondly the movie is good enough to stand on its own.
Thirdly no Maddy no fun 🤢
thanks for the info
But why remake.......original is always original......
Vijay.........competing Aamir....😍
Originally posted by fuzzyface

Shankar doing a remake??? Why??😕
Secondly the movie is good enough to stand on its own.
Thirdly no Maddy no fun 🤢
Agree.. Plz remove jeeva and get Maddy plzzzzzzzzzzz😳
So after reading your post, I went to see what was on the net about the tamil remake of 3 idiots and found a different cast list ..
Here's some of another article I found about it ;

Now the closer sources have revealed that the film will have Vijay, Silambarasan, and Madhavan will be playing the lead roles. Mahesh Babu will take on the lead role of 'Rancho' in Telugu version with both Simbhu and Maddy repeating their roles. Boman Irani's character of a rigid professor will be played by Sathyaraj.

It's worth mentioning that Sathyaraj was previously approached by Shankar to play the negative character in Rajnikanth starrer Sivaji – The Boss.

Well, the ardent buffs of A. R. Rahman may be disappointed as the academy award winner will not score music for this film as he is busy with global tour and is signing some international projects. Harris Jayaraj, who scored music for Shankar's Anniyan will join hands with him for the second time.
I think it's only fair that if they make a remake they recast Maddy, he is an amazing actor and so much better than Vijay and that eeeks (simbhu) combined 🤢.