Kanakaratna Movies
Cast: Mahesh Babu, Anushka Shetty, Prakash Raj, Sunil, Brahmanandam
Music: Mani Sharma
Cinematography: Yash Bhatt, Sunil Patel
Editing: A. Sreekar Prasad
Action: Peter Heins, Ram Lakshman
Producer: Singanamala Ramesh, C. Kalyan
Story, Screenplay, Direction: Trivikram Srinivas

Superstar Prince Mahesh Babu's Mahesh Kaleja has arrived with several anticipations. The last time Mahesh Babu appeared in Telugu movie was for Athidhi.  Hence, Mahesh Kaleja review is the much awaited word and understandably so. So let's uncover Khaleja movie review.

Story:

GK (Prakash Raj) is a business tycoon and plans to establish a plastic factory in Paali village. He discovers that the land in Paali has Iridium (worth more than gold) through a researcher. For that, Hence, GK plans to get his son's marriage with Tanikella Bharani's daughter Subhashini (Anushka) so that their business can prosper unlawfully. And GK tries to evacuate the people in Paali (through a superstition) so that he can acquire Iridium land. Cut across, Seetharama Raju (Mahesh Babu) is a cab driver. The plot unveils as how this nowhere related Seetharama Raju saves the lives of the 534 people in Paali

Analysis:

Writer turned Director Trivikram Srinivas is known for his candy floss and humor quotient, but he unveils a different fairy-tale in the form of an action entertainer Kaleja. It's Mahesh Babu all the way in Khaleja, which turns out to be an average film.

Mahesh Babu's characterization is being shown in a completely different dimension. Trivikram once again comes up with an attractive script that aptly suits Mahesh Babu. In fact, Mahesh Babu has not done such a unique character thus far in his career. Mahesh Babu shoulders the responsibility and carries the feel of his character very well in this narration.

While the conflict point and plot were reasonably strong, the screenplay and pace in which the story took off was not as expected. However, since the lead protagonist being Mahesh Babu, the strength in the conflict point was not badly affected who carried well. Mahesh Babu's action sequences were well made and he does with Bachchan-like naturalness.

Having said all these, Mahesh Kaleja is certainly not a film that should be made with a whopping budget of 40 crores and short in 3 years. Trivikram once again carries the same humor dimensions with Sunil, Ali and Brahmanandam. However, all the giddiness in the plot does not dilute the big bang.

Trivikram Srinivas manages to sustain the subtlety element in the first half, which is exciting and humors (Like he earlier did in Nuvve Nuvve and Athadu). But the second half could not accommodate the same pace. There should have edited the second half, which would have increased the tempo. Amidst huge ticket-stub flinging and loud cheers, Mahesh Kaleja manages to create a decent persona to watch.

Performances:

Mahesh Babu is very handsome and elegant. His stylish looks and trendy costumes once again make him a teen heartthrob. True to his image of Prince Charming, Mahesh Babu mesmerizes with this on-screen presence. His action episodes are great and his body language is very energetic.

Anushka, as a demure damsel, is attractive. Her essential impishness fits the role to the T (tee). However, she needs to improve her expressions in emotional scenes.

Rao Ramesh does well as a foreteller ' almost the same character like he did in Magadheera. Shafi also did well as Rao Ramesh's disciple.

Prakash Raj and Thannikela Bharani are adequate.

Technicalities:

Yash Bhatt has done a phenomenal job - The camera angles tight close shots, lighting effects and camera movements. His cinematography is on top, gritty and classy.

Mani Sharma's music was not great except for two songs - particularly the Om Namo Siva Rudraya song is absolutely brilliant. But re-recording in action episodes is good. The action sequences of Peter Heins are spell-binding.

Editor Sreekar Prasad perhaps could have done a better job in the second half where the actual plot would be unveiled. It's a tough call nevertheless for him.

Final Word:

All things considered, Mahesh Kaleja turns out to be an average movie. With gigantic expectations and surge in the fan base, Mahesh Khaleja comes with huge expectations, but the screenplay and the pace, coupled with an unnecessary song in the second half makes it a typical movie. But boy, watch out for Mahesh Babu's characterization.

Source:SuperGoodMovies.com

Edited by premeer4rever - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Okie... so its again average one... hmmm... where is the telugu industry going to?!
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Prasanthi

Okie... so its again average one... hmmm... where is the telugu industry going to?!

I haven't seen it yet... didn't go 2 coll 2day so out of curiosity searched 4r d review
Have 2 know it from those who seen.. but i read a few comments there they say it's better than what puli was.. don no may b a prejudiced opinion..
Prasanthi thumbnail
I understand. But a couple of my hubby's friends have watched and gave their thumbs down for the movie. Songs seem to be mediocre and story, screenplay is okay types.
premeer thumbnail
@Prasanthi

Kind of expected it after knowing the story...First part was good n second was let down it seems....it was completely a one man show is what i got to know... it's ok expectations were too high from dis 1 but atleast managed to garner a average talk...
Prasanthi thumbnail
Watched the movie, its ok! Mahesh babu's comic timing is really too good in this movie. This movie will run only because of him. All the credit  goes only to him. Rest of the aspects according to me need not be mentioned at all as they are not good!
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks for the review=)

I was so excited but now it looks like an average movie...anyway..i will still give it a shot😛

Edited by Aahaana - 13 years ago
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
No matter how the movie is.. please get me links with end subtitles.. plz...

Thanks  :)
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i watched the movie on 2nd day itself

it was a let down.....i was totally disappointed

1st half had nothing, so some ppl may like it
2nd had story, which was a complete OTT.....personally for me, it was complete ROFL-worthy story
i liked 2nd half over 1st bcoz it had something to watch unlike 1st half which was completely pointless

piliche song (n one more as well, i forgot which one aftr watching the movie)had wonderful choreography....that was best in the whole movie
n the other good thing in the movie was costumes...mahesh looked dreamy

movie had good dialogues, mahesh delivered them well, but sadly they didn't suit him in my opinion
his characterization was not at all interesting
the concept of 'nenu devudni' n 'nuvvu devudivi' was ROFL worthy but was supposed to be very serious
premeer thumbnail
@kavya

i ddn't want d muvi yet but heard from many dat 1st was good then second.. oh finally sum1 said d 2nd part when compared to 1st...😆