Sensational South

DOTW : Remix Songs

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello

Welcome to

Soo... let's begin shall we πŸ˜†

Remixing songs has become a trend these days. It's quite common to take an old song an remix it to the style of the present day and the modern audience.
In a way, these remixes do tend to support the whole idea of advertising for the film as it seems to draw in more audiences. 

However, many do feel that these old classics should not be meddled with. This is simply because it is felt that these songs should be left untouched as they have a certain essence to it, which may eventually get lost in the remixed version.

So what do you guys think ?
Edited by supercool3 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
ummmm

well there are some old songs that i wudnt have even known otherwise, but basically i think just make your own songs.

i mean, it isnt yours to mess around with and most often- ruin.
the remixed versions are never really as good, so it ruins the essence of the song.
theres no originality, and theres also that comparison.
plus the tastes of audiences then and now are different, and even the remixed versions like have that same song u can only change it so much....
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Its bad and sometimes good too. There are songs which I didnt like the remix like Ponmagal vanthaal and the pollathavan songs but there is a song in Mallu movie Nottan.. Pachappanam thathey. wish is a remake of an old drama-song. I felt the remade one was just beyond awesome.

So remix/remakes should be done accordingly and instead of a remix.. why cant we have a remake of the song with retaining the lyrics and experimenting with the tunesπŸ˜‰
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
hmm i would say it depends on the actual song that is being remixed. there are some old movie songs that i feel are just classics the way they are, and by remixing them and introducing them to the newer generations (even though i'm still a teenager πŸ˜†) it takes away from the original beauty of the song.

there are defintely other songs which work both original and remixed versions so i guess it can be a good thing

but overall, i think people are just better off writing and composing their own songs and making it new from the start :)