Sensational South

Raktha Charitra - Sequel 1 Movie Review!

migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Raktha Charitra is 2010 Movie has hit theatres worldwide today the 21st of Oct, 2010

Raktha Charitra a Movie the Director by the Ram Gopal Varma and Producer by the Madhu Mantena, Sheetal Vinod Talwar & acted by Vivek Oberoi,Surya,Radhika Apte,Priyamani,Shatrugan Sinha and others.

The film, which has been shot simultaneously in three languagesHindi, Telugu as Rakta Charitra and Tamil as Ratha Charitram, and the two parts will release three weeks apart whilst the Tamil version will only have one part.

Raktha Charitra 2010 Movie Rating – 3 :5.5

Raktha Charitra 2010 Movie Wallpaper -

Raktha Charitra 2010 Movie Review -

This story is inspired from the life of Paritala Ravi from South India who was assassinated in January, 2005.

Paritala Ravi was arguably the most feared individual ever in the history of the blood-ridden faction politics of South India. He was a prime accused in innumerable murder cases and also survived numerous assassination attempts, the most brutal of which happened on a quiet Friday afternoon in November 1997 when a road near Rama Naidu Studio in Hyderabad was turned into a death field by a bomb which killed 26 people but failed to get its intended target Ravi.

How Ravi, a soft-spoken shy guy under a force of certain circumstances retreated into the jungles, became a rebel and how he mounted a volcano of violence to avenge his father's and brother's deaths and how in time he became a folklore legend and eventually a minister in N.T. Ramarao's Cabinet, reads more grippingly than any fiction writer anywhere in the world can ever imagine.

Ravi's name sent shivers up the spines of not only his rivals but even the law enforcement agencies. He was a rebel, a feudal lord, a robin hood, a killer of hundreds and saviour of thousands till the day he was gunned down by a death squad allegedly put together by his arch rival Suri, who wanted to avenge his father's and brother's deaths, in a bizarre deja vu.

Ravi's rise to power was in existence since long, but Suri came into picture only after the bomb explosion at Rama Naidu Studios. Even after being confined to a prison cell, how the fire of Suri's vengeance continued to burn unabated for 7 long years till he finally succeeded, armed with nothing but a severe desire to kill Ravi as his one and only weapon.

This is the story of a man's phenomenal rise to power and a story of the most intense blood curdling conflict ever heard of between 2 individuals and it is also the ultimate statement on the often heard disastrous consequences of a fatal mixture of caste, crime, family feuds and politic

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

rating: 3.25/5
Punchline
: a history of violence
Genre:
Action
Type:
Straight
Banner:
Cinergy Movies

Cast: Vivek Oberoi, Abhimanyu Singh, Shatrughan Sinha, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Radhika Apte, Zareena Wahab, Sushant Singh, Tanikella Bharani, Subhalekha Sudhakar, Vishwajeet Pradhan, Rajendra Gupta, Ashish Vidyarthi, Kitty and Ram Gopal Varma (voice-over)

Music: Dharam Sandeep
Cinematography
: Amol Rathod
Editing: Bhanodaya/Nipun Ashok Gupta
Dialogues: Nageswara Rao
Fights: Javed Eijaz
Story - screenplay - direction: Ram Gopal Varma
Producer: Madhu Mantena, Sheetal Vinod Talwar, Chinna Vasudeva Reddy, Rajkumar
Release date
: 22 October 2010
Theater watched: Screen 4, Prasads, Hyderabad

Review

Story

rakta charitra Narasimha Reddy is a powerful politician in Aanandapuram of Andhra Pradesh. He is a reasonable guy and he wants to distribute the power that is dominated by Reddy's to another group that is economically backward. He asks his lieutenant Veerabhadrayya to take over the responsibility of nominating candidates from the other caste.

Nagamani Reddy (Kota Srinivasa Rao) who don't like the other caste people to come up poisons the mind of Narasimha Reddy. Hurt by the sudden turnaround of Narasimha Reddy, Veerabhadrayya starts his own faction to contest in elections. In the process Narasimha Reddy kills Veerabhadrayya and his elder son Shankar. Pratap Ravi who is never interested in the feuds has no option left now but for wage a war against the family of Narasimha Reddy.

The rest of the story is all about how he fights and kills the family members of Narasimha Reddy and how he climbs up the ladder to become an alternate system using the political patronage given by Shivaji Rao (Shatrughna Sinha).

Artists Performance

rakta charitra Most of the actors are from other languages except for Kota and Subhalekha Sudhakar. Vivek Oberai is exceptionally good in the role of protagonist. He is so good that you will see only the character and not the actor. Kota Srinivasa Rao is excellent in the role of a poisonous elderly person. Sushant Singh did a brief role of hero's brother and he is extremely good. Abhimanyu Singh who did the role of Bokka Reddy is exceptional. Shatrughan Sinha is cool in the role of film star turned politician. Radhika Apte is fine. All the actors have performed with ease.

Technical departments

rakta charitraStory: This story is based on the life story of Paritala Ravi and Obul Reddy. Though RGV claims it as a fictional story, major killing incidents and character traits are taken from the real life characters of two warring families. However, he modified the story happening over 20 years into two years to make the movie interesting. He has also changed the sequences of few events to give a logical ending to part one (for example, Obul Reddy is killed after the Rama Naidu studios bomb blast). However there is no proper lip-sync for most of the actors.

rakta charitrascreenplay - direction: Screenplay of the movie is neat. Direction is intense. There are two sides to the orientation. Since it's based on real lives, people would like to know what has exactly happened and the get satisfied by looking at the way those scenes are canned. On the flip side, people who are not interested in knowing the history might not connect to the movie. Telugu people are used to watch the melodramatic violence and factionism in Telugu films. The story telling in this movie takes docu-style.

rakta charitraOther departments: Cinematography by Amol Rathod is good. RGV is following tight close-ups in his movies since Sarkar and this film too has tight close-ups. Dialogues by Nageswara Rao should have been better. Background music by Dharam Sandeep is impact-making. Fights by Javed Eijaz are realistic. Ram Gopal Varma conveniently avoided showing bomb blast scenes since they require more budget. Editing is adequate. Ram Gopal Varma gave voice over to the movie. Though his voice sounds little strange, the emotion in his voice helps it. We expect a better dubbing. Producers should have guts to invest in such a movie that doesn't have anything except violence that required for a formulaic blockbuster in Telugu.

rakta charitraAnalysis: I do generally have the habit of bifurcating the movie into first half and second half. But the entire movie is like first half as the ending of the movie appear like a pause for the second part of the movie (Rakta Charitra II) which is going to release on 19 November. The movie mostly concentrates on rich-poor conflict and counter killings in the first half. Movie gets smooth and colorful from the time actor/politician character enters. Rakta Charitra movie is interesting for me because I am always interested in these kind of bio-pics where we can relate what we heard/read to what we see on the screen. All those people who have the same curiosity as me will get satisfied with the movie. It might be little disappointing for the people who see this movie as an independent film with no Paritala Ravi angle attached to it. The sequel of the movie

will release on 19 November which means that the producers want to release the sequel when the memories of this first part are afresh in the minds of movie lovers. Plus points of the movie are curiosity value and boldness. The minus points are non-Telugu actors (which made the movie appear like a dubbing film) and excessive violence. On a whole, Rakta Charitra is a bold film with excessive violence. It is not for the weak hearted. It's RGV's brave attempt. As a Telugu movie lover, you might want to watch Rakta Charitra with an academic interest. This movie will generate terrific openings because of the Paritala factor and because of the various controversies surrounded around it. We have to wait and see how an abrupt-looking ending to part 1 will appeal to regular movie goer.

.Suhasini. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

thx for the review guys..........my one of the cousin who had seen the movie told that its worth watching movie to kill the time..............and it is not boring like his(Ram gopal varma) previous recent movie.....................the facts were shown very cleverly itseems................and i too want to c the movie but here in my place no release....

and about surya in the movie....it will be in Second Part.................and according to part1 description surya will have very action and hide out scenes...............im super eager to see Surya................
premeer thumbnail
I almost had an attack watching d antagonist trailer so can't dare to watch the movie but very much interested in the story.. 

i remember it was in 2005 jan or so pre-final exam n there was chaos evrywhere due to d death of paritala ravi then later case about suri n all...
i tried asking few ppl but they pass of saying it's so brutal.. finally for inquisitive ppl lyk me who wanna know a muvi came but still no courage to watch 🤣
.Suhasini. thumbnail
jan 24th i guess...........im in 2nd yr or 3rd ye i dont remember exactly but on that day clg has closed soon due to the chaos so all the buses started at 4 or 5.......... and suddenly somewhere in small village all the buses lorries are stopped in middle and drama started some people started throwing stones on buses and like after 6hrs traffic was cleared in that village and we reached homes like at 11 and i still remember my hostel full of the same topic that night...............
Edited by suha_hasini - 13 years ago
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
don't know why but i want to watch this movie very badly!! 😛
will have to find time for this
.Suhasini. thumbnail

going to watch today night..........ofcourse on NET..........i'll try to give review after seeing it............
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
did anyone watch the movie?
premeer thumbnail
seems like no one here watched it :(
.Suhasini. thumbnail

Ok guys i have watched the movie as i said..........and my review is 2/5 or less than that........

Movie full of murders...........and the BG was horrible.......i mean RGV could have showed more scenes rather than only focusing on how factionist kills one another ofcourse that was real story but he would have cut that part...it only conveyed more n more negativity.............