Maryada

Kamya Punjabi talks about Maryaada...Lekin Kab Tak

debby_11 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Kamya Punjabi talks about Maryaada... Lekin Kab Tak?

STAR Plus' 'Maryaada...Lekin Kab Tak?' is a never-seen-before family drama on Indian television that will dramatise the facades, the unrest and challenges faced by the women of a family and how they break their silence to protect their own maryaada.

We spoke to Kamya Punjabi, who plays Uttara, about her role, "My character of Uttara has a lot of shades. My character is slightly based on Kareena Kapoor's character in Jab We Met. She is very lively, but at the same time she is very depressed. But she doesn't reveal her depression to the outer world. My husband in the show is played by actor Amit Dhavan. I am the younger sister of Devyani, played by noted actress Indrani Halder. The show is not just about one female protagonist, but it revolves around four women who want to break their silence in a male-dominated society.

She told us, "The show is not typical family drama which you have seen. The story is about every woman who somehow tolerates their injustice in society. I am so lucky to get such a role and I am happy that after long time I am playing a positive character and I am hoping my fans would also love me in this avatar."

Based in Rohtak district in Haryana, Maryaada...Lekin Kab Tak?' is the story of four women who are part of this seemingly perfect family, but are withholding some grave family truths. The main protagonist, Priya will be the ray of hope, who will encourage the women of her family to face the uncomfortable truth and speak up to protect their own maryaada.

Don't forget to watch Maryaada... Lekin Kab Tak? starts October 18th, Mon-Fri 11:30pm only on STAR Plus

Edited by choco_pie92 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.ayesha. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanks  for sharing the update.
Riyaa147 thumbnail
Thanks so much for the article ðŸ˜³

seems a nice show 😊
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It is a great show , great actors , Star Plus should promote it  well . 
apux thumbnail
I loved the first week.  I like the balancing of the characters.  I'm really surprised to see Kamya in this type of role.  I'm used to seeing her in a vamp avatar.  She's two different personalities when she's with her sister's family vs. when she's with her controlling and possessive husband.  She's doing a great job!