Sensational South

DOTW : What makes a movie worth watching ?

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Helloooooo! Welcome... once again! 😆

Sooo wondering what this week's going to be about ?
Well let's see...

There are many movies that get released these days. Some manage to to become hits, while others disappear without a trace. There are some which stick in your heart even after watching it, while the others seem like a regrettable decision.

What makes a movie worth watching ?
I mean obviously there needs to be a good storyline. One that is really intriguing and interesting to watch. But then again, not all movies with great storylines end up becoming big hits. And some movies with even a very thin storyline still manage to make it to the top of the box office.

Sooo..
What do you guys think attributes to making a movie worth watching? What are the key factors in making the movie reach out to the audience?

You guys are the audience right ? so there's nothing better than getting the opinions from the people themselves 😆

Edited by supercool3 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Great Topic hun...... there is lots I can say.. let me get back to this soon

Thanks for the interesting Topic!
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
hmm. this is going to be a short response, don't have that much time

But, I would say along with the storyline, which honestly isn't that important for me, it's the acting.

Only if the actors can pull off a specific scene or role well will I be able to tolerate watching them for the 2-2.5 hours of the movie.

If I don't think an actor or actress can emote well, and can't delve themselves into the role of their character, I don't enjoy watching their movies.

There's more for me, like if it's my favorite actor or actress, I'll sit through the movie regardless of how bad the storyline might be 😆

But yeah, ultimately the deciding factor would be the actual performance of the respective cast of a movie.
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i have loads to say on this
but now i have xmz...so will get back to this on weekend

jus b4 leaving, i'll this add one point 

good presentation is most imp than any other aspect with good BGM
most of the present day movies do not have much story in it, but still work bcoz of the way they are presented

the recent movie if such kind is brindavanam frm telugu
hmm em maya chesave also comes under same category
i.e.. telugu verison of vinnai thandi varuvaaya 
i'll add sakhi movie also to this list

Edited by kavya.b - 13 years ago
honeydaisy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
for me..the story comes first... then only the director. .. then the rest 😉
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting topic..... 👏

Well for me first preference would be the story  then script then comes, the director, actos and the songs of course..

Only a good story can make a good picture but its not necessary that all good stories turns into the best movies, it depends on how its been directed and treated...
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: honeydaisy

for me..the story comes first... then only the director. .. then the rest 😉

Daisy this is part of the game, so am attacking you..

Attack no 6

You are officially a Zombie hun.. 😛.. plz use this siggy and report to the thread to announce on the GA you are also a Zombie 😳:

muffins2waffles thumbnail

Nice topic VIdhya!

For me, the movie must be clean.

Then the actors have to be good. If the actors do a great job, they can pull off a weak storyline.

Next storyline, then everything else, lol :)
ssdtvgojan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi V,

Nice topic.

For me i consider the director apart from Storyline and the script & screenplay. Even a simple storyline can be made a hit with wonderful script & screenplay.

Rest all comes next.

Cos the best script can make the movie hit, even when the actors r new comers.

fuzzyface thumbnail
Hands down a good storyline followed by good direction, cinematography, plots and lastly actors. 
I have watch many foreign language films with unknown actosr and what keeps me hooked on is the story they are telling.