Maryada

25 October - Written Update

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
The episode begins with Vidya asking Priya and her family to join them for dinner, and Priya politely refusing the same. Just as Vidya is about to leave, Priya gets up and giving a smile at Vidya asks if she has been newly married. Vidya replies that its been just two days. Priya takes Vidya's hands in her own and glancing at her Mehendi and Chuda says that they look very beautiful. Suddenly she asks why Vidya has only applied Mehendi on her palms and not till her elbows. Mr. Pradhan looks up in surprise and sadness at his daughter's words.

The next scene shows Priya cutting up furits and recollecting her past and its indicated that she was engaged to be married to someone. There seems to be a celebration going on in her house and Priya's chirpy voice arguing over what Mehendi design she woudl choose. She seems overcome by grief and depression.

Devyani takes a dabba of food / prasad to the Pradhan's and very graciously offers to them. All the three look a bit awkward, but Priya politely tells her that they have already had their dinner! Devyani says she knows they have had dinner, but this is only Prashad and insists on them eating it, since they are all travelling by the same compartment. Devyani lovingly touches Priya's cheeks (Awww...MIL and DIL bonding staring already! Adi is going to be very happy 😆 ) and leaves after bidding them good-night.

Chinu snatches the box and is mightly happy with the lavish spread of Poori, Aloo and Halwa, even as Mr. Pradhan snaps at him. Aditya who has permanently stationed himself near Priya, smiles at himself (He has such a charming smile!), even as Priya is shown to have a near smile on her face, as the BG music plays.

The Jhakar Family is getting ready to hit the sack and Devyani catches Aditya staring wistfully at Priya's side of the compartment and asks him why is he still awake. Adi answers that he is not able to sleep and kisses his Mother's hands, when she insists on him getting some sleep! (I am just loving Adi's bond with everyone in his family! ) and tells his Mother to get some sleep too. They say goodnight to each other.

Adi has become an official nutcase! 😆 He is smiling and dreaming about Priya thanking him and asking if he loves her! 😆 And Adi in his sexy haryanavi lingo saying how can she give him wound and ask him if it hurts! Lolz...I found Adi's dream to be very funny for some reason! Devyani is shown trying her husband's phone but is not able to get through. She looks very worried and restless. Devyani finally calls up the landline of her home and a manservant picks it up. He tells her that the SSP had called up to say that he will be coming late and having dinner outside. Devyani looks uncomfortable and finally asks for Bauji (her Father-in-law)

Devyani and Bauji have a sweet Father-daughter kind of conversation where he tells her to stop worrying about her husband since he has lots of people to worry about him and to take care of herself. Devyani ends the phone conversation but is unable to sleep, even as Uttara tells her to try and catch up on some sleep. Just then Uttara's mobile rings and she looks very tensed. Devyani suspects that its her husband and she has lied to him about coming along with the Jhakar's to Mansa Devi.

Very nice scene....only the Background music is playing, but all the character's are shown going through different emotions. Devyani, Uttara, Priya and Vidya. (Adi is busy dreaming about Priya at this point in time!) Vidya is shown taking off her jewellery slowly while Priya is unable to sleep and is racking with tears. (Poor thing ) Devyani looks very worried and tensed, while Uttara remembers her husband kicking her...a song plays about the four women not knowing what love really is...

Priya sees Jaggi / Bansi's police uniform hanging and is ovecome with terror as the nightmare of her past flashes through her eyes. The flashback shows a man in police uniform (not his face) pushing Priya on the floor of a train, even as she begs for mercy. Priya switches off the light, but is still haunted by the visions. Not able to withstand the flashbacks, she gets off her seat and runs towards the door. Aditya comes wandering about and is surprised to not see Priya around. He sees her handkerchief on the floor which has the crushed one-way ticket in it. Adi says to himself that his guess about Priya having a one-way ticket for herself was literally right.

The next scene shows Priya standing near the door, tears streaming down her face as she looks imminent to jump off the train. Adi is standing right behind Priya and is shocked to see her ready to jump off the train and yells, 'Oye...' 😆 Priya gets a shock and looses her balances, just as our hero catches her arm and in one swift go pulls her in, taking her into his arms... 😳

Pinning her fiercely towards the wall, he screams on her and asks her if she has lost her mind and questions her on the one-way ticket! (It was a very passionate scene...Rakesh and Ridhi did a great job!) Aditya refuses to let her go, even as Priya struggles with shock and anger at having been caught off-guards. He tells her that suspected that she was upto something like this. And then says that if she did not think about her Father and Brother, then she should have atleast thought about him, how could she make him a widower in such a young age. Priya is like, excuse me? 😆 She looks furious with him, but Adi is unmoved and holds her back with force! (Bada Banka Chora Se... 😳 ) She asks him what the hell does he mean and Adi replies that if you are so shocked hearing this (practically his confession of love), then just imagine how I felt seeing you trying to end your life. Priya tries to bluff and say that is he mad thinking that she was going to commit suicide. Adi calls her bluff and tells her that he knows exactly what she was upto.

Priya gives it back to Adi and tells him not to act fresh with him and that she has been noticing from Rohtak onwards how he has been trying to impress her and that she is not one of those girls who is impressed by his 'Chavani Chaap' harkat! 😆 But Adi being what he is completely unfazed by Priya's attempt to insult him and says that he is not fooled by her and he knows that she was definitely trying to kill herself. Priya is held speechless and in tears, by the way Aditya has managed to read her mind.

Aditya ends up telling her that everytime she attempts to take her life, he will be there to save her! 😳 (This guy is just too wonderful...) Adi finally lets her go and tells her that he would save her life not only because she is going to be his would be wife, but also because he would do anything to save anybody's life. Priya is too stunned to give any reply! Adi gives her back the ticket and closes the door of the compartment firmly, telling her that she can try as many times to take her life and he will be there every time to save her. (A very, very passionate scene...Rakesh did such a fabulous job with his expressions and dialouge delivery! Ridhi was amazing too!)

The next scene shows everyone arriving in Chandigarh and Mr. Pradhan hailing an auto for the Dharamshala where they are going to stay. Mr. Pradhan as usual gets into a fight with the auto guy and Priya intervenes and settles it down.

The Jhakar's also seem to have checked themselves into some hotel and Devyani calls up her husband who tells her that he was with the Minister last night when she called up. Devyani tells Jaggi to put Uttara's luggage in her room, when Gaurav suggests that he doesn't mind sharing his room with Aditya and that Uttara can have a room to herself. Uttara teases both Gaurav and Vidya and tells them that she doesn't want to come between them and that they are newly married and should have a room to themselves. Gaurav looks constipated while Vidya looks worried as to why Gaurav is avoiding her so much.

Priya is shown to rush up her Father and Brother telling them that they might miss the morning Aarti and then goes towards the reception to make some enquires. There she happens to catch some guy and looks intrigued. She tries to look at his face but he takes an auto and goes away. Priya suddenly remembers her engagement (I think the guy is her fiancee!)

Pre-cap : The Jhakars and the Pradhan's are stadning in line for the Aarti, where Priya finally realizes that the guy in the yellow shirt is her ex-fiancee and looks heart-broken and tries to go away from there. Aditya who is constantly following Priya notices all this and wonders! (looking super hot in a white kurta 😳 )

Comments : Awesome episode! Aditya and Priya's scene was just incredible! Their chemistry is so powerful...and I really, really like the way Adi comes directly to the point, telling Priya that he was going to marry her anyway and is definitely not going to let her die before making her his wife! Poor girl is left speechless!

Rakesh Bapat is doing such a fab job...he not only looks the part, but plays it so naturally!!! 👏

Edited by poppy2009 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kasturilover thumbnail
Thank you poppy209 for a wonderfully written update. It was almost like watching it really.

Great job.👍🏼

I am loving this serial and everyone so far. I think the lead pair is awesome, especially Rakesh (range of emotions well portrayed).

Thanks again
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
*looks around*

Err.. So I might be alone in my opinion here, but was all that man-handling really necessary?! I mean I understand that initially he had to subdue Priya because she was not thinking straight and he was upset too at seeing her literally at the precipice of death. But, was it really necessary to grip her face?! I understand that he likes the girl and he wishes to marry her, but she didn't know that and he doesn't know if she feels the same - getting in her face to force her to confront her stupidity is one thing, but his man-handling of her sort of put me off. I mean the dialogues and his anger was great - I enjoyed the realistic portrayal there - he was angry at her for taking the easy (albeit stupid) way out and he was going to let her know without beating around the bush. And he was man enough to own up to his real feelings in a heart beat because he knew what he wanted - so that was refreshing too. But I just did not like the face-grabbing and arm-pulling that happened in that scene. That to me didn't seem passionate, it just seemed like he assumed that just because he liked her he had a right to do so without pausing to wonder if she'd actually permitted him to do so. Without realizing that she has yet to accept him in that avatar where she allowed him to touch her so and get itni such a rough physical struggle with her. And I honestly feel that it is her permission to give - he cannot just assume that he has it, no matter how much he loves her and she loves him.

I don't know.. Maybe it's just me.. 🤔

P.S. Thanks for the wonderful update! 😊
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail

Fivr,

You are not alone here! 😆 I also agree with you! Just saw the episode for the second time and without the onus of doing the update, I could watch it more carefully. Yes, that manhandling was unnecessary and out of character for someone like Aditya, who has been shown as a somewhat humble and kind-hearted young man.

On the other hand (and I might be completely off the charts here!) Aditya's character is that of a small town, Haryanavi boy, who are known for their physicality and aggressiveness and the way he behaved with Priya (the holding of chin) was probably in keeping with that part of his character.

I also agree with the part that he should not assume that Priya would fall in love with him the way he has...but again, that might also have to do with the way his character has been concieved by the writers...someone who is very impulsive, warm-hearted and spontaneous, especially in contrast with Priya's aloofness and rectitude. Aditya is obviously someone who has been spoilt by his family and has generally had his way, so he doesn't wait to think that he might not have Priya's love back.....its probably not his arrogance, just the way he is.

Overall, I thought it was a great scene. The dialouges were amazing...Rakesh being a Maharastrian did a fab job of speaking such fluent Haryanavi! Not for once did he look out of place!

PS : Glad you guys liked the update! 😊
-Fivr- thumbnail
@Poppy: I guess what I should say is that it wouldn't appeal to me if a man thought he had the right to man-handle me without waiting to wonder if I was allowing him to. And since Aditya's been an otherwise gentleman, it seemed odd to me. He had the common sense to not pick a fight in the train when those men were pushing Priya around (that was dangerous to her and if he felt like he had to protect her he could have gone all Tarzan on them too) - he went for the sensible alternative and had them chasing their tails. That was the Aditya I met last week - so I was under the assumption that he'd continue over into next week and every other week after that. 😆 If aggressiveness would be an excuse, then Aditya's had plenty of reasons to be aggressively physical with Priya and everyone else in the episodes last week - but he's always held his horses and acted in a smart manner.

Which is why I'm just disappointed that the same didn't happen this time around. I could accept the aggressiveness as his entitled upbringing but he had that very same upbringing the morning before when he tackled a train compartment full of testosterone - he kept his cool then and acted with brains.

I personally would have enjoyed if he put down a firm front by not letting her leave without hearing him out and by holding her attention through gripping comebacks and statements alone. If he'd made his point without pushing her around, I'd have admired that. But to push around an already troubled girl (she has to be troubled if she's contemplating suicide) didn't seem something a man shown to be as level-headed as Aditya would do. I mean this is the same man who was able to think on his toes during the entry scene and remember to hitch a ride to the train station in a police car when he got caught in traffic - AND he was pretty calm about it all. So to me, this was just off..  🤔
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Anu-Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update Poppy.

@Fivr : Yaar I can understand what u mean there but I guess thats what they were trying to portray in that scene. The background of this story seems to be that of a small town in haryana. The society seems male dominated. The way the other three women have been treated so far indicates to me that its all abt Male domination and women being subdued. Though Aditya can fall in a minority here where he fell in real "love" with a girl and wants to pursue her, his methods will still be the ones he got from his elders and surroundings. The guy is good hearted but then again he is definetly not the one who is gonna give the woman to rule over him. He atleast now wants to take the control. He likes the girl and he assumes (may be his over confidence in here is playing its part) that the girl will have no probs accepting his love. For him, he is the perfect guy for any girl. We have seen very less of him to make that judgement but he seems to be pretty confident abt himself. So his aggression comes in from his confidence. I dont accept it either but I can see where he is coming from, Priya seems to be a pretty confident girl herself, the clash and love is gonna be quite interesting.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anu-Reddy

@Fivr : Yaar I can understand what u mean there but I guess thats what they were trying to portray in that scene. The background of this story seems to be that of a small town in haryana. The society seems male dominated. The way the other three women have been treated so far indicates to me that its all abt Male domination and women being subdued. Though Aditya can fall in a minority here where he fell in real "love" with a girl and wants to pursue her, his methods will still be the ones he got from his elders and surroundings. The guy is good hearted but then again he is definetly not the one who is gonna give the woman to rule over him. He atleast now wants to take the control. He likes the girl and he assumes (may be his over confidence in here is playing its part) that the girl will have no probs accepting his love. For him, he is the perfect guy for any girl. We have seen very less of him to make that judgement but he seems to be pretty confident abt himself. So his aggression comes in from his confidence. I dont accept it either but I can see where he is coming from, Priya seems to be a pretty confident girl herself, the clash and love is gonna be quite interesting.

I guess I can accept that - I was just too blown away by the physical roughness of his methods on a personal level that I was finding it a bit hard to be objective in just this instance. But I'm glad you're here because app ney jaa bacha li! As always! 😳😆

So I guess it makes sense what both you and Poppy are trying to say - he is a good guy at heart with a responsible nature but he is still brought up by men who treat women in less than ideal ways. So it's understandable that he too is quick to assume that if he loves a girl, then she'd love him back and have no problem with him or his methods. And if that's the case, then I really wish that Priya tells him other wise and brings about that change in him. THAT would be interesting to watch. I would hate to see the show and the story glorify this behavior as "ideal-hero" behavior. I am willing to accept this as his character flaw - this somewhat entitled-behavior around things he care for and people he loves - but I will find it very distasteful if the show goes on without addressing this issue eventually. And given that Priya is supposed to be a strong, independent and opinionated girl, I would find it extremely unrealistic that she'd put up with this without telling him he's being an idiot irrespective of the fact that she may or may not love him.

And come to think of it, she actually does do that - she does not put up with his man-handling and tells him off fiercely! He only managed to stun her into silence by calling her bluff and letting her know that he saw through her pretense and knew that she was trying to commit suicide.. So this just might be something interesting, depending on how it's handled.. *thinks*

Nonetheless, I'll be a bit weary and tread lightly. I've seen way too many wife-beaters and women-abusers being glorified by our television as the "ideal man" and the "perfect husband" - itni burey experiences k baad toh I guess I'll need to see them actually do it before I believe that they won't be glorifying Aditya's behavior.. 😆
poppy2009 thumbnail
@Anu, you wrote just what I had in mind!!! 😊

@Fivr, I can totally understand where you are coming from!!! 😆 Even thought its a long time that I have followed a show regularly, I can understand the bit about wife-beaters and supposedly  masculine hero's who are glorified under the pretext to making them look ideal husband / lover / boyfriend.

DJ's has a history of making unique shows...right from Banegi Apni Baat, which was very bold for its time! Considering that Maryada is about four women, I am not sure how much importance will be given to the male characters! Aditya is in the limelight right now, because the serial is trying to establish his love story with Priya and get her married to him, so that the entire show can focus on just one family, like it is intended.

Hopefully, Aditya's character (Alongside Gaurav, Uttara's husband and SSP's) will be given equal importance in the future episodes and they won't be relegated to the sides as mere prop's!

Cheers!
Anu-Reddy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Fivr-

I guess I can accept that - I was just too blown away by the physical roughness of his methods on a personal level that I was finding it a bit hard to be objective in just this instance. But I'm glad you're here because app ney jaa bacha li! As always! 😳😆

Anu : The show is quite intense and me into such intense stuff these days 😆. As long as they can keep me interested, me will stay here as bhoot 😆😆. Laagi is taking up my time, warna u can see me making posts every so often 😆. BTW did anyone sign up to do WU for wed, thursdays? If not I can try doing that as I am free those days from my LTL WUs. Anyways, so coming back to story. Dont worry even me on ur side, girls ke side mein hi hain hum bhi. Ya so what if Aditya is charming 😆, Priya is pretty good too 😛. I could never dream I would say this of our supriya 😆. 

So I guess it makes sense what both you and Poppy are trying to say - he is a good guy at heart with a responsible nature but he is still brought up by men who treat women in less than ideal ways. So it's understandable that he too is quick to assume that if he loves a girl, then she'd love him back and have no problem with him or his methods.

Anu :  Exactly. Thats what is the issue here, Its his character flaw.

And if that's the case, then I really wish that Priya tells him other wise and brings about that change in him.

Anu :  Koi shak math rakho. Wahi hoga 😆. He will change and for good. As per the synopsis the women will fight their personal battles and come out truimphant. Since priya prachand is the main lead, she will have double trouble to solve 😆. One to get Aditya back to ground , and other to resolve her past issue which has been bothering her. Iam sure we will not go the traditional way where Priya is shown falling for the "arrogant" (though I dont like to term him that yet, but cuz of lack of any good word iam using that) Aditya. She will change him directly or indirectly. He sure seems to be a guy who will change for love. He is not like the one who tries to wear a mask and pretend something which he is not.

THAT would be interesting to watch. I would hate to see the show and the story glorify this behavior as "ideal-hero" behavior.

Anu :  and if they gonna go that way, thats gonna be end of my watch 😆.No doubt abt it.

I am willing to accept this as his character flaw - this somewhat entitled-behavior around things he care for and people he loves - but I will find it very distasteful if the show goes on without addressing this issue eventually. And given that Priya is supposed to be a strong, independent and opinionated girl, I would find it extremely unrealistic that she'd put up with this without telling him he's being an idiot irrespective of the fact that she may or may not love him.
Anu :  Yaar she already told him off today. She said "dont act fresh", "iam not the types to fall for ur cheap tricks", "stop following me" and all that. She did say it and iam sure had it not been his direct proposal , she wouldve continued to show him his place. The guy caught her unaware with his proposal. Any woman wouldve been left shocked so was Priya. He is definetly trying the wrong things with a wrong girl 😆.

And come to think of it, she actually does do that - she does not put up with his man-handling and tells him off fiercely! He only managed to stun her into silence by calling her bluff and letting her know that he saw through her pretense and knew that she was trying to commit suicide.. So this just might be something interesting, depending on how it's handled.. *thinks*

Anu :  Do u think the girl was attempting suicide? Iam not sure . Wasnt it shown that the girl is just lost in thoughts and is not actually planning to die?. Even in the case of the trip at T-Station and now at the door, she just tripped off accidentally. I think Aditya just mistook her one-way ticket to be an indication of suicide. Priya seems confident and I dont feel she is the one who wants to end her life abruptly.

Nonetheless, I'll be a bit weary and tread lightly. I've seen way too many wife-beaters and women-abusers being glorified by our television as the "ideal man" and the "perfect husband" - itni burey experiences k baad toh I guess I'll need to see them actually do it before I believe that they won't be glorifying Aditya's behavior.. 😆

Anu :  Glorify nahin 😆, dumping Aditya's character hojayega if they make him into a "hero" with his so called "getting physical" act. I hope Priya will teach him how to behave with women, while Aditya teaches her to love/trust him.

Edited by Anu-Reddy - 13 years ago
-Fivr- thumbnail
@Poppy: I've actually never seen a DJ show before so I'm not sure what to expect.. But they have a pretty good cast with some pretty talented actors in the mix. I would doubt that they'd include such good male actors and then not utilize them to their full potential. That being said, you never can tell the creatives think these days. So while I hope that this is a well knit story with every character given equal importance in due time, I'm not going to hold my breath on it just yet.. 😳😆

*sigh* I am such a cynic!