Aditya Jhakar's Character!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Ironically enough, even though Maryada is about four women and their fight to retain respect and dignity in a male-dominated society, the first week of the show has managed to establish only one character strongly. That of Aditya.

We have got glimpses of Devyani's perfect wife and mother role, Uttara's search for love behind her joie de vivre attitude, Vidya's confusion and emotions for her new husband and Priya's terrible inner turmoil.

But in Aditya Jhakar, we have seen a son, brother, friend, nephew, lover, spoilt brat, and a warm hearted do-gooder. All in a span of just six episodes.

He is someone who is not above using her Father's name to get his work done, as evident by his taking a hitch from the Police constable in his van and breaking every traffic rule in sight. Yet, he thanks the constable profusely, establishing his humility.

He is obviously someone very impulsive and spontaneous...considering it takes only hug for him to fall head over heels in love with Priya! But in contrast, as Fivr pointed out, he has his head firmly fixed on his shoulders, considering the way he tackled the incident in Priya's compartment.

He is also manipulative when it comes to get his work done, as evident by his buttering up Gaurav and asking him to handle the Pradhan's when they come to their compartment. But he is obviously a good brother, considering his interactions with both Sweety and Gaurav.

He is anything but shy and reserved, since he is making it more than obvious how much he likes Priya, to her and to everyone else who would care to listen! 😆 Yet, it looked as if he is hesitant for his Mother to know what he is upto and takes care that she doesn't suspect him as yet.

And in yesterday's episode, the viewers get to see his slightly brutal side, when he saves Priya from ending her life! Instead of tackling her gently, he practically orders her not to do anything funny, because he had made future plans with her in his mind! 😲😆 

Given all the above, do you think that Aditya is going to be repulsed / dismayed after getting to know Priya's past? Or would he brush it apart in his usual insolent / nonchalant manner?

Would love to read your views! 😊

I think he will help her get through her difficulties and face her troubles. Aditya must realise by now that something is wrong, as Priya is trying to commit suicide. Aditya still likes her and I think he will still like/love her after he finds out the truth(I hope she tells him what happened to her).

Your review was REALLY well written..👏👏
Thanks for that, I completly agree with you about all the character descriptions I think that you descriped all the characters perfectly. 😊
Err.. I am not very good with future speculations - ask Anu, she'll tell you.. 😆 So the only think I can say about his possible reaction is that it really depends on how much he'd have grown till then with respect to Priya - if Priya was successful in calming his entitled-approach a bit, then he'd definitely be more objective about the situation and he'd place more important to her trials than he would to how it might affect him. But if this happens while his approach is unchanged, then I think he's initially going to be upset for himself and how much this fact hurts him - not because he feels wronged but because he feels wronged for her - and maybe eventually he'll realize that he needs to put his hurt aside and pull himself together for her.

Just my two cents.. 😳