Rakesh Bapat is now Raqesh Vashisht.

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Rakesh Bapat attributes role in Seven to his name change..

Rakesh Bapat who changed his name to Raqesh Vashisht six months back, feels he bagged the role in Seven due to this name change...

Rakesh Bapat believes that the change in name that he went thro' nearly six months back has benefited him a lot, one prime example being, he bagging a meaty role in Yashraj and Sony's Seven. 

Rakesh Bapat who was earlier seen in serials like Saat Phere, is now called by the name Raqesh Vashisht. 

Ask him about this and he says, "I believe a lot in numerology, and when my mom insisted that I change my name I went for it. Vashish is actually my original surname, but I had kept Bapat earlier as it is my great fore-father's surname. My mom again asked me to change it to Vashisht". 

"I believe that my life has changed for the better after I undertook a name change. One of the big highs is my role in the Yashraj show", insists the actor. 

Ask him about Seven, and he says, "It's quite a popular show and is liked majorly by the youth. We are enjoying everyday of shoot. In fact, Shama Sikander and I shot for a Salsa number recently. It has come out very well". 

Guess for Rakesh oops Raqesh, all is in the name!!

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair
Posted: 13 years ago
yeah and it was coz of Seven tht Raqesh n Ridhi got this show... unfortunately Indian audience didn't reciprocate well for Seven n it isn't coming for the 2nd Season 😡

Edited by dkmystery - 13 years ago