Saas Bina Sasuraal

Shraman Jain found role irritating - article

Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

New Delhi, Oct 26 – When TV actor Shraman Jain was introduced to Prachinprakash, his character in Sony TV's 'Saas Bina Sasural', he found it quite 'irritating', but now he is at ease in essaying the role.

'I was told my character is a genius, is concerned about global warming…and talks to nature and plants when he is sad. I found all this very irritating for a man to do. But after understanding the basis behind such a behaviour, I felt the character was quite endearing,' Shraman told IANS by phone from Mumbai.

The actor said 'Saas Bina Sasuraal' may be a show without a lot of women, but at the heart of it, the show is truly for women.

'It shows how men become when there are no women in a house. It also shows how mismanaged a house becomes when there are no women…and how all men live in their own world even if they live together under the same roof,' he added.

Shraman, who became popular as Silky Kumar through MTV India's teaser campaign for Axe, earlier featured on shows like UTV Bindass' 'Dadagiri' and 'Bure Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum'.

He took a one-year break following a serious accident, and has now even completed his MBA in marketing.

'I was itching to get back to TV. I had a major slip disc due to my accident, and then did some advertisements and concentrated on my MBA thereafter. I have been associated with TV for the past three years, and now it is becoming really big and I love being a part of it,' said Shraman.

The young man also hopes to get some good offers from Bollywood.

'I stepped into the showbiz when I was 19. At that time, many producers and casting directors told me I had an immature face…but now I feel I am quite ready for it.'

Shraman comes from a business family in Agra, and also devotes sometime to his father's iron-aluminium casting company.

Among other things, he has even directed a short film 'F… its Sunday'.

Hmm, the dude does have cute albeit a silly character. Would also like to check out his short movie. If anyone finds a link, I'm only a PM away! 😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters