Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thendral_USA thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Well, this "more-streched-out-than bubblegum" Athipookal serial has been dragging on and on without a proper theme for a couple of months now! I wonder how this even got the TRPs to run for this year!!
 I watched this serial after nearly a year and the story was almost at the same point!!! The criminal Anjali trying new ways to harm mano and Karpagam and almost winning in all her ways while mama and Karpagam are struggling for ever.
 I really wonder for how long is Karpagam's anni gonna stay with Saroja leaving her infant kid!! (Can't believe how the writers got this strange unbelievable ridiculous idea! Streching her stay there is all
the more stupid!!!)
As for Padma's "ever-gumpy-crying" character, I haven't seen a more stupid character than her's in any of good Tamil serials! Although it started out good, it is being dragged and stretched to viewers' irritation, and is testing their patience to the greatest! I wonder how the serial makers are escaping from the stones pelted from viewers!
I'm awarding "the most-dragged-serial-award" to these serial makers!

Another one is "Vasantham". Although starting out with akila and her family, when I saw this one after a nearly few months, I couldn't grasp and believe I was seeing vasantham! i doubted myself before verifing from the "info" and watching a couple of episodes that it indeed is the same serial!!! Well, the prod/dir could have simple closed this serial and started an entirely new serial with totally different characters! The viewers would have loved it that way! I wonder why they want to stretch the same serial with a totally new storyline and different characters!
Now akila /family is nowhere to  be seen while "Nandini" gouri and other new stories have come up!!!

I hope the dir/prod of these serials try to do something to end these asap to the delight of the viewers!
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: migan

I think it is high time they end this. Is it how many episodes already? 500+ right? I agree this serial was better than others in the beginning or or a while but now it is too much.

serial is reaching 900th episode soon !!
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thendral_USA

Well, this "more-streched-out-than bubblegum" Athipookal serial has been dragging on and on without a proper theme for a couple of months now! I wonder how this even got the TRPs to run for this year!!

I watched this serial after nearly a year and the story was almost at the same point!!! The criminal Anjali trying new ways to harm mano and Karpagam and almost winning in all her ways while mama and Karpagam are struggling for ever.
 I really wonder for how long is Karpagam's anni gonna stay with Saroja leaving her infant kid!! (Can't believe how the writers got this strange unbelievable ridiculous idea! Streching her stay there is all
the more stupid!!!)
As for Padma's "ever-gumpy-crying" character, I haven't seen a more stupid character than her's in any of good Tamil serials! Although it started out good, it is being dragged and stretched to viewers' irritation, and is testing their patience to the greatest! I wonder how the serial makers are escaping from the stones pelted from viewers!
I'm awarding "the most-dragged-serial-award" to these serial makers!

Another one is "Vasantham". Although starting out with akila and her family, when I saw this one after a nearly few months, I couldn't grasp and believe I was seeing vasantham! i doubted myself before verifing from the "info" and watching a couple of episodes that it indeed is the same serial!!! Well, the prod/dir could have simple closed this serial and started an entirely new serial with totally different characters! The viewers would have loved it that way! I wonder why they want to stretch the same serial with a totally new storyline and different characters!
Now akila /family is nowhere to  be seen while "Nandini" gouri and other new stories have come up!!!

I hope the dir/prod of these serials try to do something to end these asap to the delight of the viewers!

I agree with vasantham. one fine day the Dir has decided to change the storyline with new set of characters whole new story with out closing the original serial and not tying the loose ends. thanks God I started working and escaped all these.
mickeytz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Athipookal is already reaching 850 episodes and i wouldn't be sur[rised if it reached the 900 mark.

Thendral_USA, ur right, we're all getting frustrated at the dir/prod/writer of
this serial. Alway Anjali is getting her way and Mano/Karpagam are struggling
forever and ever. And yes, it's very stupid that Karpagam's anni is still stuck
with Saroja after 4 months. All the attempts she achieved is thwarted by, not
Anjali/Saroja, but the dir/prod/writers themselves!!!

Yes, I also agree with you that although Padma's character was decent throught the early
stages, now it's the most stupidest and dumbest I've ever come across from watching
Tamil dramas!!  And she got a role in Enthiran!! Can't believe it. I'd have preferred if
Anjali instead.

And Vasantham is the other one... never ending serial, no storyline, new characters.
They should have just given it a totally new title. What the prod/dir getting at i have
no idea coz I've stopped watching it for good, and it's not even worth having a
forum for iteither. 

No matter how much we complain and show our displeasure, the dir/prod of
both serials will never give us one look and continue dragging theirfeets.

But i know how Athipookal will end: it will end with a blink of an eye!!
Trust me!!  There won't be any storyline to show it. They find Thanjali in the end,
Anjali gets caught, Padma knows the truth.... THE END.  It will be very short,
believe me. Just like any other serial, it takes 800+ episodes to get to this point,
and about 5 episodes show us all the cryings, the 'ohh-please-forgive-me-for-being-so-dumb-to-
listen-to-Anjali' thing, the lovey-dovey stuff, and a one-for-the-album shot.
That's how the fellows will end it, so what do you say to that??

A pity but that's how they ALWAYS like to do with every serial. 
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Looks like there are takers for this drag 😉 I will make it sticky
, Mick, happy??? 😉 awww. I could not make it , let me ask Atina
Edited by rojapoooo - 13 years ago
eljay thumbnail
I can't believe my eyes - this serial and Vasantham are still going on?  Well, on the other hand, if a serial like kasthuri can go on, why not these two?  All these serials are so promising when they start and then they end up being nothing but javvu mittai!  
Sue Nair thumbnail

Originally posted by: eljay

I can't believe my eyes - this serial and Vasantham are still going on?  Well, on the other hand, if a serial like kasthuri can go on, why not these two?  All these serials are so promising when they start and then they end up being nothing but javvu mittai!  

Ya Eljay....initially all serials are so promising and exciting...after that it begins to go downhill...so much so we keep seeing the same thing over and over again in almost all the episodes before they finally decide to reach the point.  Its only this way that they are able to drag the serial into hundreds of episodes which they could have easily finished off with much lesser. The stars, however,  won't bother much coz its their rice bowl..!!😕

Sometimes to take the remote to turn on the tv makes it so difficult for me coz the enthusiasm is completely gone...but the thought to participate here in IF makes me sit thru the serial/s - otherwise we won't know the head or tail of the storyline....apporam enathae discussion??😆😛
Edited by Sue Nair - 13 years ago
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loosu Padma.. hope that samiyar drills some sense into her..
mickeytz thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes, the longer the serial goes the more is put into their rice bowl.

Who says the samiyar can put any sense into padma's head??
Even her own parents, brother and husband can't no matter how hard
tey try.

But WAIT, there's a good thing behind all this serial mess.
And that is .... THIS forum topic is becoming more&more lively!!! 😃😆😉

I really must thank you guys for painstakingly watching the drama 😆😆
and suffering together with me!!  😆😆

* BIG APPLAUSE *

Thank You, Thank You.

And keep the posts coming..... 😉
eljay thumbnail
I am not watching the serial, but I am just reading the comments and wondering why they want to waste our time by making us watch the same old stuff over and over again.  But the comments are so much fun to read, esp when someone gets all worked up (Sue chech, you crack me up when you get all excited!) and then sweet little migan thanking her lucky stars that she is back to work - that's the fun part!