Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
1. Name?
ANKITA GHOSH(You guys can call me JHINKI....๐Ÿ˜†) 
2. Age? 
3. Any nicknames preferred?
JHINKI
4. Where are you from?
INDIA my country....my love
5. Occupation?
STUDENT
6. Interests?
Dancing,Reading Fictions.
7. Hobbies?
its a tough question....actually hobby and interest are almost same for me....differs in one place...reading religious mysterious thing...visiting mysterious places where the chamatkar things happens...and gathering information about weird things which happens in spiritual realisation...atually i cant make you guys understand...if you people start talking to me only then you guys will understand my knowledge...actually i do have knowledge on these thigns a lottt.....i m not praising myself...just wanted to share it...plzzzz dont mind or dont think that i am very much self centred person...๐Ÿ˜†
8. Favorite mythological serials? Why?
BR Chopra Mahabharata......well the reason is i felt that everything in this serial is perfect...every character every actor is drawn perfectly..i cant replace it with anything.
9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses?
Actor-Nitish Bharadwaj
Actress-Debina bonerjee(i really luvd da way she enacted SITAJI)
10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)?
two scenes i loved-one of them is when sita came to aydhya raajsabha after 12 yrs with luv and kush...and da way she confronted Ram...i actually loved da scene not only from the serial but also from the Valmiki Ramayana too....i felt debina was perfect in that role.
And one more scene-when draupadi was taken to dyutgriha....the way draupadi confronted kurus was awesome.....excellent acting by rupa ganguli.
11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you?
i dont know about the lesson from this soaps......but definitely i have got lesson from the books called vedas and other religious books....i believe that honesty is the best policy and dats too directly from my heart.
12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological?
uchi perm saadi....the song played when krishna came as shantidoot and went to vidur's house to stay....and many more.
13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself? 
nothing really.....just one thing...every people should read our mythologies.....it gives us the knowledge and moerover it will help you to build you as a human being..
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: aishi.muffin

Hello to all my fellow Mythological fans! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
Why don't we all get to know eachother?

Here are some basic questions for every member of this forum to fill out so we can get to know one another better. ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

1. Name? Semanti Chakraborty
2. Age? 20
3. Any nicknames preferred? Semi,Sema, or whatever you like to call me
4. Where are you from?India
5. Occupation? Student of Physics
6. Interests?  Reading mythological books, writing poems, plays, & articles about mythoes, & obviously viewing mytho shows, specially the RS Ramayan & RS SK. I like to listen devotional songs also.
7. Hobbies? Reading books & writing plays/poems/articles
8. Favorite mythological serials? Why? RS Ramayan, RS SK & BRC Mahabharat
.I like RS Ramayan because I'm a big big big fan of the epic Ramayan. I have read many virsons of Ramayan & several articles & other creations about it. So when I found RS Ramayan, I started to view it very egarly to see that how they have express my dear Ramayan. Gradually I became a devotee of that show. Its direction, script, songs & acting of everyone was really unparallal. I have baught the DVD set of it & I watch it almost daily. When I watch it I get the new test for each time. If books are my 1st friend, RS Ramayan is the next.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š          
RS SK is dear to me for another reason. I have found an ocean of devotion in it. How nicely RS showed the beautiful story of lord Krishna. Also, Rabindra Jain's each song & superb acting of each artists made it a storehouse of purity.
& finally, the Mahabharat of BRC. It was a great work in all fields including script, direction, & everyone's acting. It  is seemed like the epic of our India has got life from the book. How researches have been done to make it so nice!
9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses?In RS Ramayan, Actors:
Arun Govil & Sunil Lehri
Actresses:
Deepika
In RS SK,
Actors:
Sarbadaman Banerjee & Swapnil Joshi
Actresses:
Yoshoda(didn't know her name, dear๐Ÿ˜ณ) & teen Radha(forget her name๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณalso)
Mahabhrat:
Actor:
Nitish Bharadwaj
Actress:
Roopa Ganguly
10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)?there are so many! In RS Ramayan, all the happy family scenes of Ayodhya(including the pre-exile scenes of Luv-Kush), the scene of "Mat Jao" song of Ayodhyakand, the scene of walking the respectable three along the forest, all the scenes of sacred love & devotion of Sita, Lakshman & Bharat, at the end, Sita's vow in Ram's court, the great sacrifice of Lakshman, & so many. Freely to say, there is no a single scene in RS Ramayan that is unfavorite to me.
In RS SK, I like all the Yoshoda Mata scenes & also all the Radha-Krishna scenes.
In BRC Mahabharat, I like the scenes of Ganga, the scenes of Krishna & obviously, scenes of Draupadi.
11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you? I have learned that love & devotion is the greatest power in the universe. If we love each other, we become near the God, but if we don't, we will be the demons
12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological? All the Rabindra Jain's songs, specially Ram's Shiv bandana, Sita's Gouri puja song, all swyambar songs, "Mat Jao",& all songs of Ayodhyakand, the Luv-Kush Songs at the end. I like very much the Maharaas songs. I also like the Mahabharat title song
13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself? Mythoes are very dear to me, & all of you are also very dear to me, as you are talking about my favorite topics. I have watched all of the previous fan clubs & chat clubs but couldn't join you. Now I egerly want to join your discussions. Please allow me to be your friend! 

Thanks! Hope we can become great friends!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

shaliniastha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
1. Name :Shalini

2. Age   : 21

3. Any nicknames preferred? : Shalu

4. Where are you from? : India

5. Occupation? : Professional

6. Interests? :  Searching  Internet & Play in My Pets

7. Hobbies? : Reading Books

8. Favorite mythological serials? Why?    Ramayan (New)
                                                                                       Om Namah Shiviya
                                                                                               Mahabharat
                                                                                                  (Loved it)

9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses? : Gurmeet &
                                                                                                    Debina
                                                                                          Shivan Parvathi
 10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)?:
                                                                                                                                                     Ram Sita 
                                                                                                                                               Swayamvaram

12. What is Your favorite song from your favorite mythological? : 
 Ramayan & Mahabharat  
all Songs My Favorite

Edited by shaliniastha - 13 years ago
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well since i've been here for a while but never officially intruduced myself--
HI!!
1. Name?
Aditi Devayani/Devyani (i like both spellings! LOL) 
2. Age?
14...haha but i hate adding my age because then people behave like i'm 2...most who know me say i'm quite mature for my age! haha at least people never once GUESS that i'm anywhere close to my real age...so...๐Ÿค”they just assume i'm short... 
oh just 4get the age part! lol i screwed it up enough
...but i still understand things perfect! (except sig making stuff those are amazingly out of my grasp!and i'm usually tech-savy!!! LOL)
I don't really think i have one...but you can call me anything--or make one up for me!lol!
4. Where are you from?
U.S.A.
5. Occupation?
student
6. Interests?
i LOVE (i so overuse that word...oh well!) vishnu puran, mahabharat, and Om namah Shivay and i love studing historical texts, stories, learning etc, and taking examples from awesome manuscripts like bhagavad gita and other such :) i also love studying global cultures!
7. Hobbies?
RESEARCHING!!! and then i watch movies and other stuff like that othertimes! :)โญ๏ธ
Vishnu Puran
Om Namah Shivay
Luv Kush (that comes after Ramayan...with Deepikaji--uttar kand?)

My favorite mytho series is Vishnu puran...why? because even though there are many serials that portray Vishnu stories, (in fact i don't even care whether it's portraying Vishnu or not!) this series emphasizes on such good morals, values, lessons, if just by looking at or following the 'teachings' everything in this series, you can probably became a very good person!!! i enjoy this one VERY much :) better than ANY other! :)

I like om Namah Shivay because of...well i'm not quite sure WHY i like it, but i know in general i love it mostly because Shiva is my FAV god!!! lol (except when they switched actors ๐Ÿ˜ก)
I love the luv kush because it gives a new touch to the characters, and it's beautiful to watch Mata Sita with her own two children...it's just beautiful!

oh i forgot to mention mahabharat! but i love mahabharat anyway...except as the series progressed it made me cry so much!!! i blame the awesome actors for my runny nose and red eyes! HAHAHA๐Ÿ˜† Krishna's awesome!

Nitish Bharadwaj (who doesn't!!!)
(Vishnu Puran=VP) & Mahabharat =MB) i really liked him as Vishnu!
Samar Jai Singh (Shiva on VP, Ma shakti & Om Namah Shivay (ONS)
Mukhesh Khanna (Pitama Bhishm! (MB)
Arjun (Arjuna-MB)
Nimai Bali (Hirannyakashyapu etc.-VP, Jalandhar etc.-ONS)
Surendra Pal (Drona-MB, SHUKRACHARYA!-VP)
Vaidehi Amrute (Lakshmi-Vishnu puran)
Gayatri Shashtri (Parvati, Shakti, Durga ONS)
Manjeet Kullar (Sati-ONS)
Mona Parekh (Saraswati-ONS, Kayadhu-VP)
Roopa Ganguly (Draupadi-MB)
Alokha Mukerjee (Subhadra-MB)
Debina Bonnerjee-Choudhary (?) (Sita-New Ramayan-love her in the luv-kush part!!!)
Reena Kapoor (Sita- VP)
Deepika Chikhalia (?) (ESPECIALLY love her in the luv-kush part (old ramayan,my fav!!!))
(other actresses i can't think of at the moment!)

many scenes in Vishnu puran such as where he becomes Narasimha, when he acts so innocent to Lakshmi after dropping off Prahlad in a cart...which is going STRAIGHT back to his father's palace (hahaha), where Parsuram has his moments, some moments of pure logic and wisdom being spoken and explained by Vishnu...i meant Kamal-Nain,(or nayan...however you spell it! LOL), 
in Mahabharat-- where Krishna reveals a big form and Bhishma, Vidur, and Drona bow to him :) very touching! 
And the scene in which Krishna saves his priya Parth from his priya Subhadra when she threatens to cut his tongue out,
 and when Krishna was helping little Abhimanyu hide from getting a spanking from his mother
...now that i think of it...a LOT of MB scenes with Krishna!! LOL ok i'll just mention one last one...When Krishna tried to get the king to accept his peace proposal, and in the meantime is accusing duryodhan,dushashan and shakuni, he didn't really YELL, but it sounded so great to hear somone give shakuni some recognition hehehehe, music to my ears LOL!

I like the Luv kush scenes where they learn about astras, and when they confront Ayodhya's army, and princes, and king...(altho when i go to watch specifically that...i end up watching ALL the way to the end!! LOL, which includes enjoying, laughing, dreading the coming emotion, bawling and hating it but still bawling because u can't help it...and then the end.)

My Favorite ONS scenes would be when Ganesh was guarding his mother's door and making fun of the shivganas.
when Parvati assumes Durga form or when Adi-Shakti comes to give her some advice.
When Saraswati and Lakshmi beat up Durgamasur when he came after them (i think it was durgamasur...)
And the episode with Tarak's 3 sons...who pray to shiva...and whenever Shiva or Brahma get angry at the devas for always crying to them.
OH! one last FAVORITE SCENE (for now lol)!!!! 
When Parvati gives a good long lecture to Shukracharya, and Shiva not ONCE interupts (yay!!!!) i LOVE that scene!

Intelligance, decency at all times (i'm always decent but it doesn't hurt to become more refined & disciplined---except when auditioning for 'kid-like' roles lol haha), trying to practice things from the texts in everyday life, and using some of the morals to my advantage! haha jk! i try to sharpen my wit! and if you truly focus your mid on god, he/she will be forced to help you out sometimes...well put it this way--good deeds never go unrewarded, and bad deeds never go unpunished, so adhere to goodness, no matter how bad things may be they're sure to turn your way ๐Ÿ˜›
Main Boondhan bheeji saari
& Vinati Suniye from Mahabharat
Ending theme from Mahabharat
Beggining theme from Vishnu Puran
Beginning theme from Om Namah Shivay
Rudra Rudra from Om Namah Shivay
Har Har Mahadev from the new Ramayan (in Kubera's palace)
The songs Luv-Kush sang in Ayodhya and the raj-sabha (old ramayan)
Weeelll...I love watching/reading/etc a LOT of ancient cultural things, so i've watched a lot of ancient greek/roman etc. mytho tv series as well as action! haha so lots of world and ancient culture...i love watching those kinds of things in media etc. :) very interesting to learn from them!
i also love martial arts, comedy (especially martial arts comedy...especially jackie chan LOL, and action adventure etc. etc., it's even better for me when it is set in an ancient time period!! (like these mytho shows (especiallly Parshuram-related ones), and Xena-Hercules etc. etc.
I also read the bhagavad gita a lot...and try to read any hindu or indian story...so if you have any stories you would like to share with me FEEL FREE TO DO SO!!!!!!! โญ๏ธ๐Ÿค—
oh did i mention i sing? i'm a classical Hindustani singer (who doesn't understand much of what she sings ๐Ÿคฃ!!!) and i LOVE singing Pt. Jasraj Shiva Bhajans!!!!โค๏ธ
That's it for now! Jai MahaRudra!!! lol or Om Tat Sat! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by ADMJCXNK97fan - 12 years ago
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Thanq Vedo for the link

1. Name :Sia๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Age: 21

3. Any nicknames preferred:no nicknames as such

4. Where are you from:m from India

5. Occupation: Student

6. Interests: singing

7. Hobbies:Narrative writing,Surfing the net (research work)

8. Favorite mythological serials: BR Chopra's Mahabhaart , RS'a Raamaya,Maa Shakti and yaarta

Why? cause i been very intrested in Mythology and stuff, to know more abt our culture above all one can always look up to the characters and imbibe what little or more wisdom they offer us

9. Favorite mythological actors/ Actresses?: Arun goyal, Deepika chikalia, Nitish bhradwaj, Sakshi talwar,Swapnil,one who played Shiv and Parvati in Maa shakti

10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)?Hmm..i like all the scenes from MB n Raamayan

11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you? How one can lead a good life being calm,smart,wise and at the same time Serving mankind without any attachments and yes how rich and vast our culture is

12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological? I like title track of Ramayana

13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself: Im a very Spiritual person,my dear ones say that m too Naive (alaways wonder why do they say so)๐Ÿ˜•

Looking fwd to make more new frnds here and have great fun discussing my fav topic ...

tasting the bhakti rasaa even more with more faith and surrender

ShivaOm๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by sia88 - 13 years ago
trrangarajan15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
1. Name?
Rangarajan T.R.

2. Age? 
18 years

Ranga

4. Where are you from?
chennai,tamilnadu

5. Occupation?
Student - doing Engineering

6. Interests?
Ramayan, quiz related to mythology, games.......

7. Hobbies?
chess,carrom,facebook,T.V........

Vishnu puranam, Ramayan,Mahabharath, Jai shri krishna, on namah shivaya........just because they make me know atleast a new thing mythology that I don't know...

Guru,Debina, Ankit, Arun kovil, Praphulla pandey, Nithish ji and the list never ends........

Mahabali scene in Vishnupuran, Final battle in new Ramayan, bharatha meets rama in the forest in the old one.......

Love God...he ever ready to save you........

Title song of mahabharath, vishnu puran, Ramayana(new).....

I think I havent told much about me here..........Am a simple person loving to get persons who care for me as I do........Whatever wrong u do me, I have the capability of forgiving and helping when they really want it from me......This is one of my weak points tooo...... often am hurted because of this.........

Love u all my dear friends.............Nice to move with people who have similar interests of mine............ 

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Welcome all new members! Really happy to have you all in this forum!๐Ÿค—

ToC has been updated.๐Ÿ˜‰
devishree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
1. Name? 
  devishree
2. Age?
 devi ,sri
4. Where are you from? tamilnadu (kalpakkam) 
5. Occupation? mba student
6. Interests?  multimedia and animation and lord krishna๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
7. Hobbies? drawing,singing,reading mytho fictions and others
ramayanam in suntv ,i love ramayanam and vishnu avatars๐Ÿ˜‰
ram(gurmeet) and jai shri krishna (baby)
sita(debi)โญ๏ธ
ram sita swavamvar and agni pravesh,luv and kush fight with ram,ram ravan battleโค๏ธ
to be good and truthful
be courageous
title song of ramayan very pleasing u know
 iam a staunch devotee lord vishnu(krishna and ram)๐Ÿค—
Edited by devisridhar - 13 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
1. Name? Vrish
2. Age?  ๐Ÿ˜‰
3. Any nicknames preferred? Vrish
4. Where are you from? California
5. Occupation? Semiconductor marketing
6. Interests? Tech, Hindu mythology
7. Hobbies? Currently, just I-F ๐Ÿ˜† (Just hooked on Rakt Sambandh)
8. Favorite mythological serials? Why? Ramayan (AS)
9. Favorite mythological actors? Actresses? Sunil Lahiri, Jayashri Gadkar, Anjali Ojha, Mayuresh Kshatramadhe (sp?), Gurmeet, Debina, Lalit Negi, Sangeeta Kapure, Praphullah Pandey, Rakesh Deewana, Charul Bhavsar, & Adi Pachori (Mahadev)
10. What is your favorite scene from your favorite mythological(s)? Lakshman vs Indrajit battles - they're to die for ๐Ÿ˜†
11. What is the most important lesson these serials have taught you? Principles (ought to, at least) transcend family bonds
12. What is your favorite song from your favorite mythological? Battle songs during Lakshman vs Indrajit battles
13. Any extra things you would like to add about yourself?  I know a lot of people here use the serials as sources for their mytho info, but I read that separately as far as messages go, and watch serials only for entertainment.  Also, love discussing events in the epics and delving into previously unexplored mysteries, as well as detailed analysis of various sources.  Also, I'm very informal and hope for the same from everybody - please, no deferential treatment for me ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago