Ramayan & Mahabharath... the epics for humanity.

Posted: 13 years ago
This topic is about our two great epics. Bharat is famous for its great tradition and philosophy. Our two great epics play an important role in the day to day life.

How these two epics are related to your life?

Which one is your favourite?

Which one you prefer to read when you are in difficulty?
I think if it is related to me in anyway then it would be for the correct path both the epics guide us to and how we should be in our life. Mahabharat gives us a detailed analysis of right and wrong. Dharam and Adharam. Then, ofcourse there is Gita ji in Mahabharat. That in itself lays the path to how a human life should be.
Ramayan on the other hand also talks about how a human life should be but it also shows the sacrifices human life makes for the happiness of their beloved.

Both teach me whatever I wrote above 😊 In that way probably they affect my life. Other than that, ofcourse all the Gods and characters teach us something and I love and adore them all equally!

Coming to the favourite one...hmm...
I think it would be Mahabharat. The reason is just that I find it more interesting and that it has many more aspects. No special reason as such :-)

Lastly, which one I prefer to read if I am in difficult times?
Aaah. I don't read any of the above as such during difficult times. During such times, I am just talking to my God, looking at their photos around in my room, crying infront of them, talking about my sorrows and difficulties and how they have always been with me and thank you for that and I don't need anything else but just their support always in my life and their blessings.
Then, while talking and weeping, I don't know when I doze off.
And that's all...I get sad, trouble and just talk to my God. I don't read anything as such. Probably also listen to the bhajans and Shiv strotram @ that time. And the problem goes away sooner or later :-)

Veryyyy nicee topic :-)

Originally posted by chinnu_manikyam

This topic is about our two great epics. Bharat is famous for its great tradition and philosophy. Our two great epics play an important role in the day to day life.

How these two epics are related to your life? I have grown up with them since veryyy young.😃😃😃😃

Which one is your favourite? Tough question !!!!!😲😲😲 See, I like both of them equally, especially the Gods. Can't differentiate between Ramji and Krishnaji at all, but when it comes to storyline and plot, I guess I prefer Ramayan just a little more.😳😳😳 Like Anku diii said, no reason, I just luv the life lessons from Ramayan, and the ideals all the characters set !!!

Which one you prefer to read when you are in difficulty? That depends on situation, I think. For life and family lessons, I look to Ramayan for guidance, and for people lessons on how to act in society, I look to Krishna Leela/Mahabharat.😃
Edited by ILuvGuruDebi - 13 years ago

Which one is your favourite?
They both teach up various qualities, so I wouldn't say one is better than the other. At the end of the day, ram and krishna were both incarnations of vishnu. They both had the same purpose of destroying the evil and restoring humanity.

Which one you prefer to read when you are in difficulty?
Not only when I am in difficulty, but geeta is something that always gives me guidance. I haven't read the entire geeta, but I do know shloks and they inspire me to be a better person everyday.

Great topic!
We're awaiting your answers too :D
How these two epics are related to your life? They are the basis for how an ideal human should act and think in every situation in order to become one with God ;)

Which one is your favourite? I can't say. I love both a lot, but depth wise, I knnow much much more about the Ramayan but I really want to know more about the Mahabharat. I know the basics of both, as I have read the books, but I know the Ramayan very detailed. I love both because the Ramayan is something very sweet, tragic, yet happy and the Mahabharat is very adventurous and lively. Both are great =)

Which one you prefer to read when you are in difficulty?  Ramayan 😳 But in difficulty, like Anku said, I usually talk to God and ask him to take my problems away. Or I will pray.

Originally posted by chinnu_manikyam

This topic is about our two great epics. Bharat is famous for its great tradition and philosophy. Our two great epics play an important role in the day to day life. Great topic!👏👏

How these two epics are related to your life? They are an indivisible part of our culture, so whenever I have any 'Dharma Sankat', I look to these epics for guidance. Whenever I am in any sort of trouble, I always ask myself, "What would Ramji and/or Krishnaji do?"😆 or any other characters I identify with at the moment. Also, these epics are like my conscience, because whenever I do something I know is wrong, my mind always tells me, "Ram/Krishna is watching."😆😆 And that keeps me on my toes rather well, I should say.😉

Which one is your favourite? Can't say.😃 Ramayan is like a sweet ocean of love, mercy, and sacrifice, while Krishna Leela/Mahabharat is all about how to act when one has Dharma Sankat, and also about ultimate devotion to God, so both are precious and special in their own way. I love them both equally.😳

Which one you prefer to read when you are in difficulty? It depends on the difficulty. If the difficulty is something family or personal life related, I feel better reading the Ramayan, while if the problem is something I have with others, or if I am in an argument with another person whom I care about and wish to correct my actions, I look to Mahabharat. It really depends on the difficulty, so I can't say beforehand.😊 
thank you so much for the comments. I will post my view ASAP.
i love the mahabharat! this gives so many examples, lessons, stories, morals, and more, that by the end you must DEFINITELY have thought up some solution to a problem! because it deals with so many characters, and problems that would be outrageous for the people of the ramayan time period, i think it is nicer to read, becaus then it fits better with the current kali yug probs! lol it also contains the bhagavad gita.....which can probably cure problems by itself!!! but usually when in a problem the answer will just 'jump' out, for example we have red the bhagavad gita so many times, and one morning we read another verse and it was the same words & everything, but suddenly it had an ENTIRELY knew meaning!! quite spectacular!! lol haha so i prefer mahabharat!