Celebrity Fan Clubs

After Switzerland, Bollywood looks for all-around

raahimali1984 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Gone are the canicule back best Bollywood beauties defied aught temperatures to array themselves in chiffon sarees for a adventurous cardinal attempt in the accomplishments of a snow-capped Swiss mountain.

Tired of the accepted beheld cliches of now-too-familiar London Bridge, London eye, Big Ben, Statue of Liberty, Swiss countryside and its mountains and the beaches of Thailand and Mauritius, filmmakers are now hunting for added alien locations.

Countries like Latvia, Poland, Germany, Brazil, Peru, Morocco, Egypt, Afghanistan, Turkey and Mexico are fast replacing destinations like New York, London, Bangkok, Switzerland, Mauritius and Paris.

These countries too accept appear to realise the ability of Bollywood in advocacy up tourism and barter and for Indian filmmakers it is a win-win bearings as the red carpeting comes with advantageous co-production deals.

Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, who has a huge fan-following in Germany, is cutting his blur 'Don II' there. Incidentally, 'Don II' is additionally the aboriginal above Indian blur to account from an acceding on the advance of co-production amid India and Germany, which was active in Berlin some years ago.

The state-owned German Blur Advance Fund will abutment the activity with one actor euros while the Media Board Berlin-Brandenburg will accord addition one actor euros.

Director Farhan Akhtar is set to abduction some of Berlin's arresting landmarks such as the Brandenburg Gate, Gendarmen Market, Olympia amphitheater and East Side Gallery, the aftermost actual allotment of the Berlin Wall, which is now a museum.

Shahrukh, whose advance in Germany came through "Dil Se", angry on his agreeableness by saying, "Berlin is one of the best admirable cities I accept anytime seen… I accept been actuality for two weeks and I don't feel I'm working. I'm aloof blessed to be in Berlin. I adulation it. If you told me to angle up on a day-tripper bus and dance, I would do it."