CID

[ESSAY COMPETITION] 17th Nov 2010 - 29th Nov 2010

somu_05 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Hello Everyone..!

To Bring a Change... We ( Visrom, Bhavana, Shagnika and Me) have decided to replace the "Write a Scene Contest" And "DOTW" With an Essay Competition (For this week) ..! This competition will Last Till Next monday i.e. 29th November 2010...! If this goes successful.. we will Have it Again..! 

The Topic of The Essay Is -  "What Role Has CID played in Your life..?
you are supposed to Write how you got so attached to CID... why you Love the Characters so much...and what is it that keeps you addicted to CID..and whatever you Feel about CID.. You can also mention your  I-F experiences..!

There is NO Word Limit.. at least not This time..! Feel Free to Express your experience...!

The Winner will be chosen According to The Votes Of the Members...! Voting will Start one day after Competition Ends...! You are supposed To Post your Essay here itself... and if you have any doubt or queries...you can PM me(Somu_05) or BhavnaB..! 
As before ...you Are requested to Hit The "LIKE" Button if you like an entry and avoid posting comments for the same..!

There is a surprise for the Winners... so Start away CIDians...!! 

Edited by somu_05 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shagnika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Looks like no one is ready to be the first one this time.... So here I go....Just a small description of what CID is for me...and why!!!

God made me face loads of difficulties and problems in my life. But, he gave me certain things which could help me in such difficult situations as well. I realized it late...that CID was one of such blessings from God. Thank you for this one....God...Love you!

I was surfing through the channels and suddenly stopped at SONY. I could see A man's scared and shocked expressions with an old man pointing gun at him...He immediately takes it away from the old man and points back at him.... Another young tall and handsome guy takes out his gun and points it back at the scared one! ......that was the beginning of my journey with CID.... Soon i realized that it was a CID officer himself who was being accused.... his colleagues were not there to trust him! I could feel the pain, the sadness that one might face in such a situation....i could feel for Abhijeet!

Abhijeet was the main reason why i started watching the show on a regular basis. There was a strange feeling towards the show. The detection, the culprits, the sweet funny moments- all were there to add to my fondness for the show. However, happiness was short fetched! Soon SONY was disconnected from our campus and CID didn't exist in my life for around 2-3 years!

I was back in Kolkata and yes, SONY was back too.... CID now became a habit. Every friday 10 pm, sitting in front of the TV was now nothing less than addiction. My family joined me too. I came closer to the characters... To ACP, to Abhijeet, to Daya and to Freddy. Though Female officers kept changing, Muskaan did leave a good impression on me in those few days.

With series like Face off and Trial in London, my family got bored because they hate continuing episodes in detective shows....but i kept glued to the TV! The series was one of my all time favourites with everything that i was fond of!

Many things changed. Abhijeet and his new coat came in. I didn't like it...was new to eyes and added to his age. Anyways, I enjoyed those one hour of the show...the leg pulling, the fights, the sweet moments, the confusions, the Niyati-Acp fights...etc etc... I don't know how, but the show was not just a show for me anymore. It was beyond that! It had something that had made me feel that its MY show. A sense of pride, a sense of family... As if the CID team was just a part of my family... Every topic of discussion somehow led to the show or the actors. I started watching movies of Aditya Srivastav and Shivaji Satam with a nostalgic feeling! I don't know how to put in words, but seeing them outside the show was always a strange yet beautiful feeling!

In the meantime, i joined the SETINDIA forum for CID. It was a nice place where CID was well discussed but soon dirty minds filled the forum! There were fights... Cheap discussions...and i decided to take a break from there.

Sitting in front of computer meant looking for CID and stuffs like that. How long could i depend just on the movie details of the various actors! The actors were not so popular. There wasn't much information about them. Bored of all this, i had to return to the SETINDIA forum... But this time, it was nowhere to be seen! The website was restructured and the forums were not visible anymore! I was upset. I didn't have anything other than the 1 hour show every Friday ... that's all!

Came many Aditya srivastav movies in the meantime. Each and every film, made me fall in love with him even more. I was never open about my feelings about him as i was for SRK. The world knew I love SRK but only I knew that in some corner of my heart Aditya Srivastav exists! A little biased, but i wanted Abhi centric episodes in the show at times...... And my wishes were surely fulfilled many a times!

Then came 14th August 2009- Behroopiya! The day I realised how much Daya sir also mattered to me. The day i realized, how much CID mattered to me! The ending had already moved me to tears. I didn't know how to react. I couldn't show my true feelings in front of my family either. If they had come to know, that i was behaving like that just for a mere show...they would worsen the situation for me. Entire night, i was crying. Prayed to God day and night that God please, Get back Daya! CID is impossible without Daya and My life was incomplete without CID and its team! In the morning, i sent mails to Sony, sent feedbacks to Setindia and CID via every possible method i knew then. I searched the net for any article which mentioned about Daya's death or CID's end! Nothing was seen anywhere! Next week when Friday came, i had only one wish in my mind....I was ready to do anything but get Our Daya sir back! And yesss, he was back and with a bang! The happiness that the episode gave me on 21st of august, 2009 was more than any other episode till date! A sense of relief....! What else could i have asked for!

The show was back in its normal form. I wanted to view old episodes somewhere. I didnt know how. Searched on google which showed me the path of IF! When i joined IF, i remained silent for a while. I saw there were some really nice discussions and so many uploaded episodes. I was glad to get to see some of the classic episodes! IF was gradually becoming the next big thing in my life related to CID. The week i joined was followed by Acp Pradyuman Giraftaar promos and the discussions were really going good. I was mostly a silent spectator. The episode was liked by me then.... And i came back to IF to post my first poll! A big flop at that time because like a fool, it was a comparision poll and on top of it with the option of "Multiple Voting" enabled! Obviously, i faced some arguements and i decided to just be a silent spectator or to the most participate in ongoing discussions...

The discussion that triggered off my relation with everyone on IF came with the Down the Memory lane thread by Visrom! I am always going to remain indebted to her for that one thread! Prabha di's "Highway" research did all the magic and my love for Aditya sir and IF increased largely! I got friends in the form of Prabha, Visrom, Bhavana....with whom i could share my love for Aditya Srivastav! How much i loved this man! CIDians at IF were the first ones to come to know about my love for him....

Signature campaign followed, which gave me Friends like Sneha di, Jiya di and a huge list! Every participant there was somehow in touch with me and i surely enjoyed the entire experience!

If i sit and start counting how many friends did IF and on the whole CID give to me, then the list is going to be a bit too huge! So all i can say is Thank You CID! You gave me people whom i can trust, people in front of whom i can pour my heart down, people who feel the same for the most influential show for my life..... I had met some like minded people, talking to whom gives me immense joy!!!

Above all, IF gave me the Biggest Happiness of my life in the form of 16th June! My date with CID. How much i enjoyed living my dream is difficult to be put in words! If i start describing about that day, then that would cost another essay .....

IF and CID has made me what i am today! The sense of friendship, goodness, dedication, loyalty, sacrificing nature and presence of mind....a major part of the credit goes to CID. The actors have shown me the path of dedication and how to be down to earth always... Even reaching the peak of Mount Everest, doesn't neccesarily take us away from the rest of the world!

The show has turned me into a story writer, it has taught me basics of poetry, siggies and what not! If not for CID, i wouldn't have sat and wrote and essay on anything now...how much i hate writing essays in exams!

That was my journey till today.... With CID, with IFians and CIDians alongside. I don't know if its possible to return to CID what it has given me till date. The happiness, satisfaction, love, friendship etc etc is way too much to be returned and the only way i can give back those is by dedicating a part of my life towards it! Thats why I am here even after watching the worst episodes of all times. Even after facing series of disappointment, i am positive about every Friday and Saturday. ACP has always said that if we keep trying, we will succeed...Abhijeet sir has given a superb example of determination and hope via his life...and Daya sir had once said - "Negative baaton ke lie mere lie time nahi hai" .... How can i forget these words?? Also the fact that the actors inspite of being so consistently hard working over these 13 years haven't lost faith from the production house, then how can i do so? Inspite of not being happy about the show's quality,
 they haven't reduced working hard for it. I have learnt a lot from them....and i respect for what they are!

May be the show is BP Singh's child, but we fans brought it up! Today, we are by the side of the show, inspite of episodes like AC-9, Maut ka Ashirwaad, etc.... Its all because of the glorious past that the show has had.

CID is still beyond just a show for me. Its an integral part of my life from which i cannot or rather will not detach myself from. Even this year, we have had episodes that has brought a
Smile to our faces.... Our TRIO is capable for making us smile when we are low. They have helped us in difficult situations in the past. Today the show is going through a low phase, and i am here to support it, so that its able to rise up again. I know it will.... It has to....

If i want i can continue writng the same things over and over again... I can write pages after pages about what and why i love CID. But why bore you further! After all, there is a huge list of essays you are still to read.

Long Live CID...!!! May God Bless BP Singh and his mates for gifting me with this show.... I will always remain indebted to them and Sony for they gave me so much in my life..! And above all, Thank You My TRIO for giving me the feel of - "Being there by my side always".... Love you all..... Forever!

Thank You.....😊
Edited by Shagnika - 13 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My journey with CID and IF

I start off with something which you all anyway know. It was a boring day in 1998, when my parents had gone to attend a wedding and I was studying for my exams. I decided to be naughty and switched on the TV. It was a local cable connection with only 4-5 channels which had clear transmission - Zee TV, Star Plus, MTV, Channel V and Sony TV. I remember the Sony logo used to be on the bottom right side of the screen those days. While browsing through these channels, I saw a familiar face - that of Ashutosh Gowarikar (whom I liked since his Circus days). I watched it for some time and came to know that it was a crime series  - something which I always loved. I watched the episode and found ACP Pradyuman a strict boss, a bald doctor who found clues in the most unlikely places and a very dashing lady cop- Asha. I loved her. She was what I always wanted to be like. The story ended half-way and I wanted to know what happened next. So I went back to the same channel, same time the next week. Thus started my journey with CID.

I used to watch this programme whenever I could, but never put in any extra effort, because I was busy with my exams and my parents always had something else to see. I used to watch the re-run on Saturday evenings. I started noticing a tall handsome guy standing behind Viren, not doing much, not talking much and someone who looked shy in front of the camera. One day there was the episode 'Case of the missing bullet' which was centred around this guy, Daya who was to become one of the pillars of our show. The episode ended in suspense with Daya being accused of murder and suspended from duty. I desperately waited for Wednesday to come(those days CID used to be on Wednesday nights). The last part of the episode showed Daya trying to shoot himself. I shouted out to him not to do it and felt a rush of relief when ACP stopped him at the right time. I fell in love with this programme and with Daya. From then on, I started watching CID mainly to see what Daya was doing.

A few episodes later Viren left. I missed him for several days. I thought CID had lost its charm, but there was Daya left to see. (My memory fails here about the timeline, pls excuse me) There were some episodes which I skipped and one of them was 'Stolen Gun' which I saw for the first time only a year back. I didn't realise back then that I was missing a masterpiece by a wonderful performer. On a rainy night in 1999, an episode started with a man wearing a maroon t-shirt, looking lost, lonely and confused. I recognised the actor but had not paid attention to him before. His brooding expression and exceptional acting won me over. My cable TV guy ditched, the transmission went off in the middle of the episode, leaving me fuming. I watched the re-run on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I found another reason to watch CID - Abhijeet.

After this, I watched most of the episodes till 2004, loved some of the moments between Daya and Abhijeet, their transition from Junior-Senior to friends and their chemistry with Asha. The three of them were a nice team. Abhijeet seemed to have got a smile on his face, though not his memory. He had settled down in CID and had found something to live for. I learnt a very important lesson from Abhijeet and the words ACP told him in 'Stolen Dynamite' - that if we keep brooding about the past, our future is going to suffer. We must be strong enough to forget the past and move on. We can't change the past, but can control what we do in future.

I was abroad for 3 years ' from 2004 to 2007 and those days there was no youtube, no IF, no Nipun, nothing. So I missed everything on CID. I used to read articles on sites like rediff about the 111-minute single shot episode and the fact that ACP Pradyuman was leaving. When I read this, I thought it was good that I don't get to see CID anymore. I just couldn't imagine CID without ACP Pradyuman. Then I got the news that he was back ' it was a drama in true FW style.

I came back to India in 2007 and then started watching it again, but not as regularly as before, as I was busy with my life. I was actually dismayed to see that there was no Asha. She was there back in 2004 before I stopped watching and now there was a size 0 model with open hair (Muskaan) and a new guy with light eyes(Vivek). I remember having seen Khooni Mosquito Mat(Murder in the air) where Vivek was gasping for breath...I was so worried about him. I started noticing him regularly after that.

Overall, we never had such a feed of re-runs. So till 2009, I watched the episodes just once and forgot about it, though some images remained in my mind forever, like Abhijeet falling down on the road to demonstrate how the laash was thrown into the car and Daya catching him on time.

Then came Aug 2009, with the most dreaded episode of all time. I watched Behrupiya and was in a shock for the next full week. My family members were worried about me, I didn't tell them that I was upset about a TV character (they would have made fun of me). My friends were asking me if there was some trouble at home...I didn't tell a soul about that was bothering me.

Around that time I was doing some official work searching for something else and came upon this site. I didn't join but got to see this CID forum. There were some active members like Luna Lovegood, Sara Sachi, Debayon, Ramya and many more. People were discussing about what would happen to Daya and someone was saying that Daya has appeared in the Gallantry awards promo, so he has to be there in CID and he'll be back. Those words were like nectar to me. I didn't sign up on IF but I started going through old posts and found it very interesting. I read episode summaries, discussions and stuff.

Then God smiled upon us and Sony started showing old episode re-runs sometime in September 2009. All the old episode memories came rushing back and watching them repeatedly followed by reading the discussions on IF increased my passion for this show. I realised how much our duo has meant to me all these years and was happy to see many more people who share the same passion as me. Finally I decided to join exactly 1 year back (26th Nov).

I made many friends, some who are still here, some who have left, some who are less active, some new friends. Overall it has been a lovely experience on IF. I discovered a side of myself which I never knew existed ' the ability to write CID stories and funny scenes. It's something I really enjoy. I consider myself to have achieved something great if I write a silly scene and get some ROFL smileys in return.

So, that's where I remain now - I keep IF open on another window and when my work gets boring and I need a break, I just press Alt+Tab. 

(I have tried to format my essay several times, it's just not working, sorry about that)

Edited by visrom - 13 years ago
Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
''The Topic of The Essay Is -  "What Role Has CID played in Your life..?
you are supposed to Write how you got so attached to CID... why you Love the Characters so much...and what is it that keeps you addicted to CID..and whatever you Feel about CID.. You can also mention your  I-F experiences..!''

I have said this many times. So whetever I will say is not new....  😊

Some years back, when I was but a school girl in my teens, I used to love watching TV. Every night I used to grab my tray of dinner and sit down in front of the TV. I used to watch anything that grabbed my attention. Those days cable TV came to our house newly and I enjoyed surfing channels and used to watch anything. It was then when, as far as my vague memories go, I often watched CID and CID SB. That time I was not much attached to any serial at all. I even didnt know CID and CID SB were different teams.... But I was aware that there is something called CID and whenever my mood allowed, I watched CID.

Then as I grew up, my attention and interests moved in different directions. I became a fan of a couple of programmes and on top of that my board exams became a top priority. Forward a few years. I was in my second year of college. Year 2009. I just lost my pet dog and I was craving for something to distract me. I was in depression. I also had lots of personal problems.

One fine Saturday afternoon, of 16th August, I was surfing through the channels and suddenly came across a scene. A man was walking to a car. He was talking on his phone. Suddenly the car burst into flames and the man fell down. A tall man, observing and smiling, was joined by three men and a woman. They rushed to the injured man who said, ''sir koi mujhe marna chaahte hai''... I watched the rest of the episode and realised it was a repeat. I went through TV listings to find out timings and realised it was a repeat of Friday the 15th august episode. I waited for 21st, curious to see whether the tall man would survive or not.

From then on I irregularly watched CID. I also realised that I hardly knew about the characters... I was very curious about the man called Abhijeet... In April I had come across Indian Forums because of some other serial. I registered there as a silent member to explore that serial's forum...

After I discovered Behrupia and Abhijeet, I cane across a CID forum on IF. I was surpised and I explored the forum from page 1. I read and read and read, spending 12 hours in total. I came across interesting topics, old and new members, information, old videos and written updates. As a silent member, I came across so many discussions. I wished to participate but held back.

One fine day, in December I posted a Hi message with shyness. Only one member replied and I felt withdrawn, giving my small inputs now and then. I posted polls and posts with disasters and successes. Then my very first story brought me and another member together- Visrom.

Soon after, the great CID Marathon started. This suddenly made me addicted with obsession. I came across oldies. I came across topics of memories by those who saw CID from the beginning. I saw lots of videos uploaded here and there. My love and respect for CID started here...

2010 saw me making new buddies, posting polls and posts and participating on IF CID forums alongside CID reruns. Am not going to bore or depress anyone here about the current state of CID.

Well. CID and CID Forums brought me out of depression and brought me close friends. I fell for Abhijeet. I started liking the duo and the trio. I started falling for CID.

Well thats all I have to say for now.....

Edited by suhaani.cid - 13 years ago
visrom thumbnail

Hi Everyone,

As of now I've had 2 people telling me on PM that 'they are not good at essay writing' and that they will not participate.

Now, this is not the right spirit, guys and girls. The contests we hold on IF are to increase participation and to enjoy our time here. The people holding the contests feel good if more number of people participate. It's not nice to just ignore as if it doesn't concern you.

We are not looking at spelling or grammar mistakes here or to make fun of each other. We just want to know about each other's views. The prize is just to encourage people to participate and not as a deterrent.

I don't accept the view that you lack the talent. I know what some of you are capable of. 😉 

And the others - this is a chance to explore your writing skills and discover hidden talents. Please come forward and participate.

Thank you.

Edited by visrom - 13 years ago
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

"W
hat Role Has CID played in Your life..?

I have been watching this show for more than 10 years. from my school days I loved watching this show, and love the characters too. my favourite character is...you all know who he is...Daya and I am a great fan of him. I do not spend such a long time in a ny other activity for such a long time. there is some passion...the love that bonds me to this show. some unknown heart to heart relationship that made me addicted to this show. nowadays it is so painful for me to sip this show. whatever stupid it is,  I am watching this for my favourite characters and I will be there to watch at any cost.

you are supposed to Write how you got so attached to CID...

I dont remember...but probably it is Daya. I saw some early episodes, but was less crazy about the show. But after sometime I was so crazy about his character and started watching this show for hi.
even now, i cant enjoy this show without him. even acp and abhijit I like , but he is always someone special for me. thats the only reason i never skip this show. i feel like I have done some injustice to daya when I skipp it.😆

why you Love the Characters so much...and what is it that keeps you addicted to CID..and whatever you Feel about CID.. You can also mention your  I-F experiences..!

I love Daya's character so much because he is innocent, lovely, handsome, and ready to do  anything for his CID and members. I love the way he keep relationship with every other members, and his character s one of the sweetest as ever I have see.

abhjijit is a different type of man, it is so rare to see such a human being around you. He is powerful, dangerous and a good man. I know the reason ,why so many girls addicted to him. but still Ilike Daya more.

i feel so bad abou tCID now. because just now I have seen a promo with a film song. I feel they need some care about this show. they are maaking it worst.

about IF experience, I have said many times. so nothing more to say.

Edited by chinnu_manikyam - 13 years ago
DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Reserving this space. Sorry for the late response, I've been really busy with exams. I'll try my best to start writing later today and post it tomorrow!
visrom thumbnail
Somu, There seems to be an error in the last date mentioned in the subject. It has to be 29th November.

Please note everyone - the last date for the essay competition is 29th Nov. So, you have 10 days more. Relax...and do write. 😊
CAHAT320 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this one is reserved for me...i will post mine soon
deepikabanerjee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

"What Role Has CID played in Your life..?

Watching CID started as an accident,metamorphosised into a habit and eventually became a burgeoning passion

When CID started 13 years ago,I was around 2 to 3 years old,so, I do not have any recollection of whether my family ever watched it or not.Later, when I asked them they told that they only had a notion about its existence.It was not before June 2009 that me and my family became regular viewers of CID and that to by accident.I had,recently began recovering after going through a bad phase in my life.It was on a boring Sunday that my dad tuned in to Sony channel and began watching CID.I, finding nothing better decided to follow suit.For the first time in months, I found my attention being captured by something else other than my gloomy thoughts.They were at that time airing one of the cases of the "WATER CRIME" series.I was fascinated by the story as well as the sequence of investigative events ranging from the forensic lab scenes to the outdoor sleuthing which led to the eventual unveiling of the culprit.I looked forward to the next day with more vigour and alacrity.

I became a regular viewer of the CID re-runs as well as the fresh cases aired on Friday. I loved their concept of various kinds of crimes namely-"WATER CRIME","BRIDES AND MURDERS", "BEGUNAAH QATIL" etc. One of my friends at school told me about the older cases and India Forums.I began to act in earnest and after finding the CID case archives at Goanwap.com went through them.I loved the older cases from the "Golden Era".I became a member of IF initially only to gain access to the CID cases' links.Around that time,the older cases began to be aired on the TV as well. Initially, I watched CID for the fascinating stories only. But after watching certain cases from both the older and newer times, I began to connect with the TRIO.I discovered that from all the characters, I learnt something or the other.

ACP Pradyuman-When I first saw ACP Pradyuman in a certain case, I felt as if he was shouting too much without reason and found him to be a it irascible. But as I watched him more and more, I revised my opinion about him. I gradually discovered what a powerhouse of talent he is.I realized that he is the chosen leader not randomly but by careful selection.He is paternalistic but not condescending in any way.He treats his subordinates more like a family and yet never compromises with his professional duties.I find an aura of protectiveness and assurance emanating from his persona.He proved to me as to everyone else in the series of episodes where he became blind that one can remain dignified in their darkest hours as well. That he considers his principles as the most important part of his life was proved when he made the hard choice of killing his diabolical son. This choice was made with a lot of difficulty as we could see a deep-etched pain in his eyes both during and after the episode.He has predominantly been portrayed as an aggressive character but his other facets are also worth noticing.When he chooses to be soft, he is at his best He has also a good sense of humour as is evident from the rejoinders he shares with Dr Salunkhe. From ACP Pradyuman, I learnt that one must hold on to one's principles come what may, how one must never mix one's professional and personal life and always portray a strong exterior even if going through an emotional upheaval.

Inspector abhijeet- although am not breaking with the protocol of mentioning about the various members seniority-wise, but Inspector Abhijeet is a character after my own heart.I have a soft corner for him. I always have had a penchant for dark-skinned intense men. I fell in love with him but don't know exactly when I realized this. It is an established fact that other than being ACP Pradyuman's right hand man, he is the impulsive yet the shrewd sleuth and perpetrator of dangerous missions guy along with being the pastmaster of disguises. As I gathered from the older episodes, he was portrayed as a serious guy with a slightly suspicious nature because of having a murky past due to his memory loss.But, instead of giving up, he decided to start afresh,of course, it was ACP pradyuman's confidence in him that helped him a lot.I personally felt his agony and frustration due to his memory loss and also when he was falsely accused in two cases-"THE CASE OF THE ACCUSED OFFICER" and "THE CASE OF THE IMPOSSIBLE MURDER". In "THE CASE OF THE DEADLY FRAME-UP", he is shown to be a bit too harsh on Sudhakar, but still I remained undeterred in my belief that he is good at heart. I found ample evidence for my belief, when I viewed all facets of his persona. That he is a good friend and confidante is proved by the good rapport he shares with daya and also the emotional bond that holds him to daya.He is also very obedient, deferential and deeply attached to ACP Pradyuman. His paternal side was revealed in the case"NANHI GAWAH", where he deals so lovingly with the little girl as if she were his own daughter. He also has had a raw-deal where women are concerned which has always made my heart go out to him. The best example of it was the abhi-shruti story. I have watched the cases ensuing during shruti's stay so many times and yet I do not tire of watching them for I love to see the emotions of love, joy, hope and eventually of sad resignation flitting across abhijeet's countenance. Then came the time of abhi-tarika flirtations, I have always had a mixed feeling about this. I always feel that had the flirtations not been so outrageous and had tarika been a better actor, it could have developed into something better. In the end, I would like to say that from ins abhijeet I learnt that its never too late to start afresh and one should always continue to be positive even if faced with a lot of disappointments.

Inspector daya- daya is the best example of the gentle giant. Although, portrayed as the "truncheon-bearer" of CID i.e. he Is the one who physically afflicts the miscreants when the need arises, he is actually a person with a lot of depth. I have always envied abhijeet for having such a loyal friend as daya. Daya is the zenith of reliability and perseverance. Daya is the brains-with-brawn guy who goes with a fine toothed comb to catch a criminal. I had an apprehension against men crying but whenI saw daya crying in appropriate situations, I didn't find it awkward at all. I was moved to see him attempting suicide by using dr salunkhe's gun when he was suspended due to dr anjalika's false accusations of killing someone during interrogation for he considered CID as his only family. From daya, I learnt that one can be firm without being arrogant and perseverance is the key to success.

Freddy and Vivek- Freddy was initially a mute observer and later provided comic relief although at times his tom-foolery did make me feel irate, but he at times surprises everyone by having brainwaves. Vivek is the diligent youth with an ever-learning hunger,he despite being cute and chocolaty doesn't look misfit when portrayed as a tough cop, I love vivek and freddy's jesting relationship.

There's one thing that has always made CID special for me.they have proved that women are equal adept at sleuthing and combating. Among the lady officers, Asha is my favourite not because she had the longest reign in CID as a lady officer but because she had a really good rapport with our trio and till date her performance as a lady officer is yet to be bettered. Currently, I feel Tasha has the prospective of developing even more

Among the forensic doctors, Dr Salunkhe is my favourite because of his portrayal as a geeky genius, I also like the love-hate relationship he shares with ACP Pradyuman. It is an established fact that many of the cases have been solved due to salunkhe's ingenuity. My second favourite Doc is dr niyati pradhan

I will wind up by saying that I have never been tenacious where watching tv programs are concerned, but in case of CID am irrevocably addicted. I have watched programs better than CID but never has any of them been so close to my heart as CID.

Edited by aadikela - 13 years ago