True stories Also in Adaalat.

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

I don't want to repeat my roles: Ronit Roy

New Delhi, Nov 20 : Popular television actor Ronit Roy earned rave reviews for his performance in the internationally acclaimed movie 'Udaan', but he is not interested in doing something similar because he doesn't want to be typecast.

"My principle of working is very upright - the basic ground rule that I have laid for myself is that I don't want to repeat my roles ever. I want to try different roles and challenge myself," Ronit told IANS in an interview.

"It fills me with excitement to try different roles which give me a platform to challenge my limitations," he said.

Ronit started his career with the
movie "Jaan Tere Naam" in 1992 and later did films like "Hulchul", "Sainik" and "Dosti Ki Saugandh", but couldn't make it big in Bollywood.

He then moved to the small screen and became a household name after featuring in Ekta Kapoor's serials "Kasautii Zindagii Kay" and "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi".

The 45-year-old, who has played a wide variety of roles on-screen, will now be seen as a lawyer in Sony's new series "Adaalat", which goes on air Saturday.

"'Adaalat' is a court room drama where I play a lawyer. My character K.D. Pathak is not a boring and serious kind of lawyer. The one hour show falls under the thriller genre and will solve new cases in every episode."

Ronit insists he wants to break the serious image of lawyers with his show.

"I am set to break the mould of lawyers' serious image with my role. I want to show it to the world that lawyers can be fun loving and lively."

Some of the cases solved on the show are inspired by real life, said the actor.

"Some of the cases which will be solved on the show are influenced by real stories, rest are fictional. We are also planning to take up serious issues like child molestation, rape, harassment on the show."

He is also associated with two international projects.

"I am working on two international projects - one is British and the other is a Hollywood
action film. I cannot reveal much about them as of now, but they are not cross-over films. They are purely commercial projects.

"I am also in talks with Anurag Kashyap for a
Bollywood film, but there is still time to reveal it."

--IANS

Edited by Isa_de - 13 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks for the article! :)