Hollywood Movies & Stars

Jessica Simpson files for divorce!

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 18 years ago
Photos

AP Photo

There will be no romantic reunion Jessica Simpson filed for divorce Friday from former boy band star Nick Lachey. The couple jointly announced their separation Nov. 23 following months of rumors that their tabloid-friendly relationship had soured. Simpson cited irreconcilable differences in a divorce petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court. The couple had no prenuptial agreement and in the petition, Simpson asked the court not to grant Lachey spousal support. They have no children. Lachey, 32, had more earning power when the couple wed in October 2002. However, Simpson's star power skyrocketed during her three-year marriage. The 25-year-old singer-actress earned more than $30 million last year. Simpson's publicist, Rob Shuter, confirmed the filing but declined further comment.

An after-hours call for comment to Lachey's publicist was not immediately returned. The photogenic pair starred in their own MTV reality show, "Newlyweds." They also hosted a 2004 television special, "The Nick & Jessica Variety Hour." Simpson's 2004 album, "In This Skin," went platinum, and she released a Christmas album last year titled "ReJoyce The Christmas Album." She made her big-screen debut this year, playing Daisy Duke in "The Dukes of Hazzard." She also lent her name to a line of cosmetics and fragrances.

Lachey gained fame as a member of the boy band 98 Degrees. He released his solo album "SoulO" in 2003. Lachey also appeared in episodes of "Charmed" on the WB and is scheduled to star in a pilot for the network next year.

Edited by bollywoodcrazed - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Yep, it seems like this is the year for break ups in Hollywood!!
shahidlover24 thumbnail
I actually thought they would be different
Vickrant thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
another break-up in holly !!
cowz_lover thumbnail
i heard about that, ijust didnt know if it was true
Cute_Angel thumbnail
there breaking up they where a pretty good couple
simrat91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thankz.... 😭 πŸ‘ they were really cute 2gether....just another divorce in hollywood though πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
pinkstarrs_9 thumbnail

thanx for info

quite common in hollywood

i am not at all surprise πŸ˜†

pinkπŸ˜†

CaliPrincess thumbnail
Yep...i heard i saw it on a magazine cover....
well, u noe, it's gonna happen in hollywood...