Guzaarish :- This Flick Shocks the World. - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by old-black-joe

nope, they're pretentious...
Its supposed to be a movie aimed at a box office hit and not a documentary !
How long is the movie ? 3 hours ? 🤔
Originally posted by old-black-joe

good movie and slb cant be used in the same sentence, same para or same page 😆

Have you actually seen the movie yet?
In my opinion it was a pretty good movie! Definitely not for the masses but there were so many plus points. Hrithik's acting just blew me away, he has done such a good job! Even aishwarya who's latest films I haven't enjoyed was in top form and did complete justice to her role! The direction was also really really good. If you observe the little things even, like the lighting, you'd be able to tell what a great film it is.

Although like I already said, not a film for the masses 'cos it lacks that humour and certain type of entertainment that most bollywood fans look for. However I enjoyed it and SLB and 'good movie' can be used in the same sentence especially after watching this movie!😊

Btw, the movie is around 2hrs15 minutes I think.
Originally posted by angie.4u

Whats with your siggy- Delhi fashionable and mumbai pretending to be ! Whatever led you to that ?

I realized it when I was in Mumbai this September.  I was struggling to describe my observation in words and then there was this article in TOI which kind of gave me the words for my siggy. 
Well, I just hope audience is smart enough to understand that film is for entertainment not to follow it!..seems like whoever wrote it..was confused themself..
Originally posted by Gauri_3

I realized it when I was in Mumbai this September.  I was struggling to describe my observation in words and then there was this article in TOI which kind of gave me the words for my siggy. 

Looks like you didn't go to the right places Gauri. I can recommend a few places for your next visit if you're interested?😉
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Looks like you didn't go to the right places Gauri. I can recommend a few places for your next visit if you're interested?😉

Thanks but no, thanks! ðŸ˜†

I hated Mumbai right from the time I landed at the airport.  My brothers did not like that city either.  I am glad they both got transferred out of Mumbai now.  I won't have to go back there again.

Thanks but no, thanks! ðŸ˜†

I hated Mumbai right from the time I landed at the airport.  My brothers did not like that city either.  I am glad they both got transferred out of Mumbai now.  I won't have to go back there again.

Eeks, looks like someone's had a bad experience?

I don't know very many people who dislike Mumbai city, any reason why you didn't have a good time Gauri?
If you know the right places, the right people, the right fast food joints, coffee hangouts, clubs, bars/sports bars etc then life in Mumbai is pretty damn good. The only thing I will never learn to appreciate is the trains and the traffic. I've heard the Delhi Metro is supposed to be pretty good though?

Btw if you don't mind me asking, then what part of Mumbai were your brothers working in?
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Eeks, looks like someone's had a bad experience?

I don't know very many people who dislike Mumbai city, any reason why you didn't have a good time Gauri?
If you know the right places, the right people, the right fast food joints, coffee hangouts, clubs, bars/sports bars etc then life in Mumbai is pretty damn good. The only thing I will never learn to appreciate is the trains and the traffic. I've heard the Delhi Metro is supposed to be pretty good though?

Btw if you don't mind me asking, then what part of Mumbai were your brothers working in?

I am not into clubbing, bar-hopping when I am visiting India.  Catching up with my family and friends and mom's cooking takes precedence over all that.  I get more than my fair share of that life when I am on my business tours.  I love visiting the malls in India though but I find Delhi malls far better than Mumbai's.  I like chaat and gol-gappey a lot but no one makes them as good as what we get in Delhi.

Both my brothers lived in Lokhandwala Complex.  In fact, the younger is moving out next week.  He is so relieved to finally leave that city back.  We went around pretty much all over Mumbai.  It just did not gel with me. 

I am not into clubbing, bar-hopping when I am visiting India.  Catching up with my family and friends and mom's cooking takes precedence over all that.  I get more than my fair share of that life when I am on my business tours.  I love visiting the malls in India though but I find Delhi malls far better than Mumbai's.  I like chaat and gol-gappey a lot but no one makes them as good as what we get in Delhi.

Both my brothers lived in Lokhandwala Complex.  In fact, the younger is moving out next week.  He is so relieved to finally leave that city back.  We went around pretty much all over Mumbai.  It just did not gel with me. 

I don't usually spend most of my time in sports bars mainly because i'm not such a huge footie fan (which seems to be the next big thing in Mumbai) and clubs..well once in a while I don't really mind it. I usually go with my family for the same reason because mum and dad's family are there so most of the time goes with them I guess. But Mumbai has changed a lot over the years. 

I'll agree with you there..I'm not fond of the malls in Mumbai either. But maybe that's because I live in UK where I can visit Europe's biggest mall(s) any time I want. I've tried the chaats and gol gappey in Delhi but it was a very long time ago so maybe someday i'll try it out and let you know how it is.😛But the chaats and Gol Gappey down Juhu Beach used to be out of this world! Now when you walk past Juhu Beach you can't help but feel it's full of really cheap people ogling at everyone walking by.🤢Plus all the attractions have been taken away like the horses and the rides.

I don't think i'll ever get tired of taking a walk down Marine Drive though, even at midnight! :) I absolutely love the buzz of the city, the way the city literally never sleeps. I guess Mumbai has this charm but I'm probably biased! Btw Lokhandwala complex in general is a good area to live in isn't it?😲My maama bought a house there a year back and the place he lives in is amazing, and the view is breathtaking from his balcony. Ah I wish I could escape all the snow and ice over here and go there right now!😔