Guzaarish :- This Flick Shocks the World. - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
^^ yeah, Lokhandwala Complex is a great place to live in.  The view from their balconies was good too.  I did not find Marine drive magical like they make it look like in the movies.  But then, it's not the city's hygiene or infrastructure that turned me off.  It's the whole feel of the city.  I just did not get that "at home" feeling when I stepped outside my brother's apartment.  May be I am too hardcore a Delihi-ite  to give Mumbai a chance.  I found Mumbai depressing and boring.  You just keep going straight no matter where you want to goπŸ˜†  And that humidity was awful! 

Juhu, chowpati, Marine Drive, Gateway of India - nothing charmed me me like Dilli Haat, Cannaught Place, South Ex, Janpath or Hauz-khas charms me.  But then, Delhi is home:)

Originally posted by Gauri_3

I realized it when I was in Mumbai this September.  I was struggling to describe my observation in words and then there was this article in TOI which kind of gave me the words for my siggy. 
I remember reading that article in TOI

^^ yeah, Lokhandwala Complex is a great place to live in.  The view from their balconies was good too.  I did not find Marine drive magical like they make it look like in the movies.  But then, it's not the city's hygiene or infrastructure that turned me off.  It's the whole feel of the city.  I just did not get that "at home" feeling when I stepped outside my brother's apartment.  May be I am too hardcore a Delihi-ite  to give Mumbai a chance.  I found Mumbai depressing and boring.  You just keep going straight no matter where you want to goπŸ˜†  And that humidity was awful! 

Juhu, chowpati, Marine Drive, Gateway of India - nothing charmed me me like Dilli Haat, Cannaught Place, South Ex, Janpath or Hauz-khas charms me.  But then, Delhi is home:)

The humidity of Mumbai can really get to you , and yeah in Mumbai its mostly straight unlike going in circles in Delhi (iner and outer ring roads) . πŸ˜† Hey Juhu beach and Gateway of India is fine but I do love Dilli Haat , CP , Southex too  ! Bhel and Golgappas , sevpuri of Mumbai is irresistible and so is the aloo tikkis and dahibhalle of Delhi πŸ˜›
Originally posted by angie.4u

The humidity of Mumbai can really get to you , and yeah in Mumbai its mostly straight unlike going in circles in Delhi (iner and outer ring roads) . πŸ˜† Hey Juhu beach and Gateway of India is fine but I do love Dilli Haat , CP , Southex too  ! Bhel and Golgappas , sevpuri of Mumbai is irresistible and so is the aloo tikkis and dahibhalle of Delhi πŸ˜›

Have you tried Bangla Sweets' dahi bhalley?  It's in the corner of South Ex Part-I market.  Amazing dahi bhalleys!  The bestest I have ever tasted.  Then there is Atul kee Chaat in Razouri Garden market.  Their aaloo tikki is out of this world!

Have you tried Bangla Sweets' dahi bhalley?  It's in the corner of South Ex Part-I market.  Amazing dahi bhalleys!  The bestest I have ever tasted.  Then there is Atul kee Chaat in Razouri Garden market.  Their aaloo tikki is out of this world!

I guess you haven't tasted ragda pattis in Mumbai. The pattis is nothing but aloo tikki and ragda is matar. You should've tried it. Then you would've never again tried to eat another aloo tikki. You would've felt a strong urge to dedicate a whole day to bash that person for making such tasteless aloo tikkis. πŸ˜†

Mumbai has many good qualities, food is just not one of them.
Originally posted by souro

I guess you haven't tasted ragda pattis in Mumbai. The pattis is nothing but aloo tikki and ragda is matar. You should've tried it. Then you would've never again tried to eat another aloo tikki. You would've felt a strong urge to dedicate a whole day to bash that person for making such tasteless aloo tikkis. πŸ˜†

Mumbai has many good qualities, food is just not one of them.

I would say Mumbai does not have many good qualities to begin with and food is definitely  so not one of those few that one can take as good.  πŸ˜†

But but but - one thing that I absolutely loved about Mumbai is the decency of the common crowd.  The eve teasing and other such public display of indecent behavior is pretty much non-existent over there.  Delhi is really bad when it comes to majnoo-giri🀒

And, just for the record, I hate ragda patties and samosey with chholey on topπŸ˜†
I watched Guzarish last night.  Nice flick. 

Thanks but no, thanks! πŸ˜†

I hated Mumbai right from the time I landed at the airport.  My brothers did not like that city either.  I am glad they both got transferred out of Mumbai now.  I won't have to go back there again.
good riddance.... atleast mumbai is free from some NI's...
Have not watched but great summary. Ah I loved the music and songs though.
the movie doesnt seem to be doing brisk business