Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Hiten Tejwani Live Interview TRANSCRIPT

sweetrani_neha thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hiten Tejwani Interview

October 7, 2005

Brought to you by India-Forums in conjunction with Craze FM

TRANSCRIPT OF INTERVIEW:

Interviewer Wakas: Okie dokie guys.. You are listening to Craze FM live show with Wakas Mir… Now thanks to India forums we have a special delight… that is Hiten Tejwani.. Hello

Hiten: (in a strong, forceful voice) Hello

W: Hello sir. How are you doing?

H: I'm absolutely fine. I hope everyone is fine there.

W: Bilkul thik kaha. There are lots of people waiting for you to respond to their questions and give your lovely answers. So first of all I would like to welcome you to Craze-FM and India-Forums for taking time out for your fans

H: Ok thank you so much

W: You're welcome. Ab chalte hai ji kuch sawalon ke taraf (Ok now let us head toward some questions).  First of all I would like to tell people who actually are not familiar with the name… only familiar with the kinds of roles you play… We are interviewing Hiten Tejwani who is aka Karan Virani aka Yug aka Pratham from the drama serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Hiten is on the line right now.

As I was saying before what if the serial's name was Kyunki Sasoor Bhi Kabhi Damad Thhe (Hiten laughs) have you thought about playing that? (Hiten laughs again)

(Hiten and Wakas joke about Hiten making this his next serial with Ekta)

W: Phela sawal kuch yuhun hai... (The first question goes like this): Hiten aap yeh batayen… jitne bhi roles aapne play kiye hai unme se aapka sabse favorite kaunsa hai (Hiten tell us of all your roles, which one is your favorite out of those). Yeh luvya4ever username ke taraf se sawal hai (This is from luvya4ever).

H: Mmmm… sabse favorite role mera tha Pratham. Bahut mazaa aaya usko karne mein… aur usme bahut saare shades thhe ~ (My favorite role was that of Pratham's. I had a lot of fun doing that role because his character had a lot of shades). ~Basically you just love that character... he was a little gray, not totally gray, but little gray side. And uhhh... lots of situations and lots lots of drama… wo karne mein mujhe bahut mazaa aaya ~ (I had a lot of fun doing those) ~… variety karne mein. Of course that was the serial where you know I met my wife… we got married… of course that was definitely my favorite role.

W: Aagla sawal hai Supergirl7 ki taraf se aur Bunty4Ever ke taraf se (the next question is from Supergirl7 and Bunty4Ever) and they're saying kaun kaun se similarities and differences hai jo aap Karan ke saath share karte hai in the drama serial Kyunki Saas … (what similarities and differences do you share with Karan)?

H: Hi Supergirl, Hi Bunty. <How is Deepa by the way, Bunty?> Bahut hi accha sawal puchhe hai aapne. Aur Karan ke saath similarities yeh hai ki mein aur Karan sensitive hai jaise Karan sensitive hai ~ (You guys asked a good question. The similarities are that I am sensitive just like Karan is…)…~ emotional, he's expressive… he's very caring, supportive… apni family ko support karta... aur family uske liye sab kuch hai (he supports his family. His family is everything for him).

W: Aur Pratham ke bare mein kya khayal hai aapka (and what do you think about Pratham)?… how do you… (gets cut off)

H: Pratham ka jo ego level tha.. 10 out of 10 tha… aur Hiten ka ego level bhi hai… ego to thoda hona hi chaiyye… (Pratham's ego was a full ten on a scale of ten. Hiten also has an ego.. which everyone should have a little of).

W: Bilkul... unka top pey tha (Of course. Pratham's was at the very top).

H: Haan Hiten ka ego level agar aap count karenge to 5 tak hai.. Pratham 10 out of 10 tha… (Hiten's ego level is at the most five whereas Pratham was a ten).

(Hiten about to say something.. Wakas speaks.. then stops then Hiten starts.. then Wakas starts… keep cutting each other off)

W: How about Yug in Kkavyanjali?

H: Yea Yug is an easy-go-lucky guy in a way that usko koi farak nahin padta… jisko apnaa dost manegaa, uske liya wo kuch bhi karlegaa… apnaa manegaa to uske liye kuch bhi karlega ~ (Yug doesn't really care. Whoever he thinks as his own, he'll do anything for them).... ~ jaise uski behen hai... itna pyaar karta hai usse... lekin uske bawajut bhi wo galat hai to galat hai (For example, Yug loves his sister a lot... but even so if she's wrong then she's wrong).

W: Lekin aapko kya lagta hai (But what do you think)… Hiten according to you... Karan… is he best as a son or a husband? Yeh anjali ke taraf se sawal hai (this question is from Anjali).

H: Anjali ki taraf se sawal... okay… Hi Anjali... ummm Karan… I think dono hi hai (I think he is both).. Husband to hai (He is a good husband)… ~ beta isliye bolunga kyunki kuch bhi ho jaaye maa ke liya khada hota hai…usko support karta hai, jo ki har bete ko karna chaiyye… meri maa ne mujhe peda nahin kiya lekin mujhe wo sab diya jo jis maa ne peda kiya usne nahin diya ~ (But I'm going to say son because no matter what he stands up for his mother, always supports her, which every son should do. My mother, meaning Karan's mother, didn't give birth to me but she gave everything thing to me which my birthmother didn't give me)… ~Meri maa actually Mandira hai... usne mujhe wo pyaar wo sab wo jo goon hote hai.. shiksha hoti hai… wo nahin di jo ek maa deti hai apne bete ko.. aur wo yeh mujhe Tulsi se mil raha hai. To of course wo apni maa se bahut pyaar karta hai. ~ (My mother is actually Mandira. She didn't give me the education and virtues a mother should give her soon, but which I'm getting from Tulsi maa. So of course Karan loves his mother, meaning Tulsi, a lot.)

Aur husband bhi hai jo apni wife se bahut pyaar karta hai… wo to majboori thi.. aur us dauran aisa tha ki Bhoomi ko ek maa ki zarorat thi isliye usne shaadi ki.. warna aise halat mein koi shaadi nahin kar sakta ~ (and of course he is a good husband who loves his wife a lot. It was under pressure due to the circumstances that Bhoomi needed a mother that he married otherwise in that situation in general, meaning with his wife in coma, he couldn't marry).

W: Kaafi twist hai aapke drame mein jo aise cheez hoti rehti hai (there are a lot of twists in your dramas that such things like this happen).

To aapko kya lagta hai (so what do you think)… who do you get along with very well… sabse zyaada aap kiske saath get along karte hai apart from Gauri.. is the question…

H: I'm okay with everybody… I'm talking with everybody

(Again both trying to speak at once and keep cutting each other off)

Hamara pura group hai (we have our whole group which I'm the closest with)... Damini, Ganga, Gautam, Sahil… we get along very well

W: Who is the best beta Tulsi can have? Karan, Gautam, Sahil, ya phir Harsh?

H: Best beta (pause)… yeh to bahut hi mushkil sawal poochha hai aapne ~ (this is a very difficult question which you asked) ~ … Karan uska beta hai nahin... wo to aisa hai ki wo Tulsi ko apni maa manta hai (Karan isn't actually Tulsi's son… he just considers her his mother).

W: Agar aap Tulsi hote to kisko apna beta mante (If you were Tulsi who would you consider your son the most)?

H: (pause) I'm sure Karan ko hi maanti because jis tara se wo parivaar ke liye jo kuch bhi karta hai… sacrifice karta hai (I'm sure she would consider Karan her son the most because of the way he does anything and makes sacrifices for his family) .. aage aap dekhenge… I don't know wahan pe kitna peeche hai but yahan pe aage aur ek mushkil ghadi aa rahi hai Karan ke liye ~ (When you see ahead… I don't know how far behind you are there but here there is a greater difficulty coming Karan's way)~ he makes sacrifices for the family, he's always there for his family, family is first for him

W: Family to waise bhi first honi chaiyye.. yeh bahut hi achhi cheez hoti hai dramas mein... (families should come first anyways… It always is shown in dramas).  

To Hiten ek aur sawal hai (So Hiten here's another question for you)… besides Gauri who is your favorite female and male costar?.. Yeh hai jenny ki taraf se... sweety and dkdisha.

H: (laughs) Ok hi everybody.. mein har ek ka naam nahin bol paoonga (Hi I can't say everyone's name)… but uh favorite co artist female as I have told I get along with everybody.. Bhoomi hai… hamari chotti bachchithoda sa agar baat chit karta hoon, thoda sa masti karta hoon… To uske saath karta hoon ~ (Our little girl. If I ever talk with someone else or joke around with anyone then it's with Bhoomi).

W: Aur male mein? (As for male costar?)

H: Male mein sabke saath hi hai… I'm friends with everybody… of course now Chetan Hansraj has now entered... he's also buddy... I mean I'm okay with everybody. You know hamara aisa hota hai ki saare log pure pure time ke liye hote nahin~ (You know with us the thing is that we aren't all together the whole time) ~ for example if there is one combination scene... The whole family is there.. to wo karke aade log nilkal jaate hai… baaki mere scenes hote hai for example with Nandani .. with Bhoomi Tanya Gautam ~ (After finishing scenes with the whole family, half the people leave, Then I have the rest of my scenes with….)

W: Par drama mein aisa lagta hai ki you people never go away from each other (But when observing dramas, it seems as if you all never separate from each other)… lekin wo scene ke baad aap jaise bol rahe ho.. ek banda wahan ek banda wahan.. kya usme chemistry hoti hai … (But is there chemistry between the scenes when you aren't spending a lot of time with your costars since after a scene is over everyone goes their own ways as you say)? ~Like do you have the attachment where you go together to picnics, meetings… and if so with whom?

H: Ji agar hum bahar jaate hai… agar sabko invitation hai ~(Yes, if we all go out, and everyone has an invitation)~.. then we try to go together or meet at a place

W: Personal questions kuch hamme yahan par mille hai… kuch yuhun hai ki (we got some personal questions such as…) what do you call each other when you are alone? Okay… too personal I think (smirks)… what do you think about that?

H: (laughs) Too personal... yeh batadunga to phir mazaa nahin aayega ~ (If I tell you this then it'll be no fun).

W: What is your favorite thing to do when you are not at work? Yeh uruj ki taraf se sawal hai

H: Favorite thing to do… I like to watch movies…

W: What kinds of movies do you watch?

H: Or try to catch up on sleep… (pause) I like watching action movies…

W: Favorite Hollywood star? Favorite Bollywood?

H: Hollywood stars… Tom Cruise... Even Keanu Reeves

W: Kaafi acche acche naam hai (You have mentioned some good names)

How do you feel to win the best jodi award? Glamdoll se yeh sawal hai.

H: Ji Haan (yes…)

W: How do you feel about that?

H: Umm you feel nice, you know what happens is that everywhere we go they say is.. bahut achhi jodi hai ~(you make a great couple)~ achha hai both of you guys got together because you were working in the same serials, we were always praying you guys would get together, you guys should be together in life, uske baad yeh award yeh dikhata hai ki… matlab kis haadh takh hamare fans hamme chaate hai aur kis haadh tak unno ne vote kiya aur yeh humme award dila hi diya, Favorite jodi~ (This award shows to what extent our fans love us and how far they will go to vote for us to give us this favorite jodi award). ~Yeh pure sheher mein hamare fans aur chhane walo ko dunga, wo vote karte hai, un sabh say vote milta hai, kyun ki…  is mein ye serial ke logon… jo log organize karte hai, unka koi lena dena nahin hota… pura voting mein hai. ~(I dedicate this prize to my fans. It has nothing to do with those who organize the show, it's those that vote due to which we have this prize).

W: Lekin Hiten sab se pehle hamare taraf se bahut bahut congratulations (first of all many many congrats), for winning the best jodi award. It takes a lot to actually ki screen pe bhi aapki chemistry itni achhi hai aur off screen bhi hai, definitely in an industry like that, you definitely deserved that as well. Aur kuch sawaal aur bhi hai yahan par (we have some more questions here), sangeeta ke taraf se yeh sawaal hai, Was it love at first sight?

H: (pause) Yah it was kinda love at first sight from my side.. But first time when I saw her I was not knowing who she is, we were going together... hum saath meh jaa rahe the, ek ad ke liye, but patha nahin tha hum ek doosre ke saath ad karne wale hai ~(we were going together for an ad but we didn't know we were doing an ad with each other). ~I just saw her uske baad hum Hyderabad jaa kar wahan agency wale ne mulakat karvaya… introduction karvaya ~(after that we went to Hyderabad where a person from the ad agency introduced us to one another).

W: To filmy filmy kind of thing

H: waise we guys are together… to uske baad mein vo ad karke… ad ke dauran hamari koi khaas baathe nahin hoi ~ (during that time we didn't talk much)~ , hi hello that's it, ad karke foreign mein Mumbai aagaya, uske baad, of course we were doing Kutumb~ (After doing the ad… Right away I came to Mumbai and then after we were doing Kutumb) ~ Gauri was opposite me, and muhje laga (I felt/thought) I don't know whether she is the same one or not, but then I saw it, she is the same one… I called her.. you know the world is so small, bahut badi duniya hain, lekin badi duniya hai nahin (It's a big world but at the same time it isn't)

W: Duniya bahut hi chotti hai, bahut hi chotti hai (the world is really small, really small)

H: (echoes) bahut chotti duniya hai, bahut chotti duniya hai

W: Lekin, Hiten what are the three qualities in you that you would say make you a unique individual? Yeh luckiegrl and anubhan ke taraf se sawaal hai.

H: Luckiegrl ne to aisa sawaal poocha hai, ki mein apni 3 qualities bataunga to aisa lagega ke mein apni badai kar raha hoon (Luckiegrl asked such a question that if I answered my 3 qualities it would seem as if I'm trying to make myself look "big" and greater).

W: Nahin Nahin, aap bataaye (No, please do say)

H:  No No mein bataunga zaroor (No of course not, I'll definitely tell)… my quality one, I have a good sense of humor. Yeh pura feedback jo hai actually meri wife muhje deti hai, wo mein bataa rahan hoon.. ~(My wife Gauri give me full feedback about how I am so I am saying what she thinks)~… Honesty comes first to me.. I have of course, you know my loved ones and the ones I care about them. My family is always no matter what happens vo pehle, so you u know actually I have a caring nature I am honest to everybody not only you say family members, friends, anybody, whom I don't know also, you know I probably heard of, but I will not you know back by a group of three like straight away… jo bhi hain vo mein samne se bolunga

W: To aapki tin qualities hai honesty, sense of humor and caring for the family and as for other people as well, that's brilliant aisa hi hona chaiyye (So your three qualities are… Brilliant that's how it should be)

Aur vaise, When did you realize that you were in love with…ok that's a question from gauri4hiten that's the username… when did you realize that you were in love with gorgeous Gauri? Was it during the breeze ad or Kutumb?… lekin aapne bataa diya sara ka sara (OK but actually you already told us everything)..

What is your most memorable moment while you two were dating? That is shelly82 ke taraf se… kafi interested hai log aapki personal life mein waise (laughs) innone awards dil waya… (Looks like people are really interested in your personal life.. but anyway they're the one who got you the awards right)

H: One day, I think it was one day I just asked her out, and we just went for a drive and we both love the sea basically we love beaches and not, so I just took her by the sea there is a place there… we were sitting there chatting, it was a perfect full moon on that day

W: Awww

H: It was a lovely atmosphere, we just came out of the car we sat we talked about each other... Moonlight, light ek dum light jaisi hoti hai… chaaro taraf (Light was everywhere around us)

W: Sounds very romantic…

H: Yah... And that was the most memorable moment

W: Lekin what is your dream role? Koi aisa role hai jo aap karna chate hai?

H: You know every different role is you know is a that role you wanna do, but dream role... I would like to do something like what Mr. Amitabh Bachchan did in Black. It was a very challenging role.

W: Bilkul. Toh ab you would be coming in movies?

H: Movies mein interest hain, but I want to do a movie which doesn't remain only for Friday, one day… yaan to decision ek din mein ho jaata hai ~ (here a movie's fate is usually decided in one day). ~ Koi hai… hamara hai agar mein serial mein itna kar raha hoon, aur mera itna naam hai… yeh sab chod ke mein koi aisi film sign kar raha hoon, log mujhe… mere fans mujhe pooche ge, why did you do that? ~ (For us TV actors like me who have name and fame but leave the TV world to go sign a film, then my fans will ask why did you do that?)

W: Toh soch samaj ke karna padta hai…. (So you have to think it over carefully before doing anything)

H: Ek film aisi honi chaiyye jis mein waqayy kuch alag ho, aur waqayy mein ho jo dekh kar… karne ke baad mujhe satisfaction mile, log mujhe roz ,roz kahe acha kiya ~ (A film should be one that is definitely unique, something that after watching and doing I feel satisfaction and everyday people tell me you did the right thing).

W: Hiten, sab se pehle, once again welcome karoonga ~ (first of all I will welcome again on…) ~ Craze FM pe and I-F radio pe, and there are thousands of listeners who are listening to your show... puri duniya mein bhi log sun rahe hai (everyone in this whole world is listening), because it's a international radio… aur how can the fans contact you? Koi tareeka hai? (Is there a way?) Only_4_u is wondering about your e-mail address.

H: E-mail address I can give it to you but I will be very frank with everyone who is listening, that I hardly get any time to check… once whenever I do it (check my mail?) koshish karta hoon saare mail ke jawaab dein du… email id toh doonga, lekin agar, aap log ko jawaab nahin mila toh app please naraz maath hoyega, mera schedule itna tight hota hai, toh mena thoda sa postpone bhi karvaya time interview ka. ~ (I will try to respond to all of them. I will give you my email ID but if you don't get a quick reply from me please don't be mad. My schedule is so packed that I even had to postpone the time for this interview).

W: Acha, acha toh aap e-mail baadh mein website pay laga denge yaa aap abhi bholna chathe hai? (Will you post your email id later on the site or would you like to say it now?

H: mein abhi bata deta hoon, baad mein.. Baatho baatho mein aisa na ho, hum bhool jaye.. Bahut saare sawaal hai I'm sure ~ (I'll just tell you right now because we may forget by later as we keep chatting. I'm sure there are a lot of questions)~ .. My e-mail  id is [email protected]

W: Hiten Tejwani.. that's T E J V A N I at yahoo.com ?

H: W A N I.. W A N I ..

W: W A N I , okie dokie.. [email protected] okie dokie.. girls you should better start writing it down and harassing him.. (chuckles) Which you should not be doing.. Lekin about future films, your a fantastic actor yah? And uske alava aapne filmo mein kam karna socha hoga.. If karna chata hai aap ne Amitabh ka type ka role apko karna hai.. Yeh aapka jawaab tha us cheez ke baade mein? (Besides being a fantastic actor you thought about working in films, and that too in an ideal role like AB had) Right?? Apka future plan ka hai, waise? (By the way, what are your future plans?)

H: I have just trying to concentrate on direction, I want to do films of course if agar koi achhi film aayi… but… ek saal aur jaane dunga…~  (As for right now I'll just let one year pass by and we'll see from there). ~ I don't know whom I will assist as a director. It's not like I will leave acting totally, but to know more about direction you go to assist somebody, my plan of direction

W: So you see yourself in the next five- ten years doing direction?

H: yah

W: Yah? .. Now that's brilliant, I would love to see you in the direction part as well.. Lekin, if per the story, if you and.. Okay this is a question from priyanka_p if you are too do some kind of a bold scene with Gauri on screen.. Would you both do it on screen?

H: on screen?, uhh no.. we try not to do it.. We just do it in a very subtle way.. Because there are many times, they do come, there is a time, where they say we have to kiss, and we just make it the way by kissing on the forehead or just a hug.. Many times with Tanya, scenes with Tanya also, but we just usually make it very subtle and very nice, because you know what, what may look, or what may seem good… nice to the writers, are the people, it may not be good for the viewers, why should we finish that off, the image what we have, jo hamara image hai wo khatam kyon karte hai? ~ (Why such we destroy our image for a bold scene?)

W: Hmm bilkul..

H: haan, ek dum lovey-dovey couple jaise hum hai.. Thodi si takrad, thodi si nok jhok… Chalti rahe.. (Just like we're a lovable couple.. some teasing goes on…)

W: Ek aur sawaal hai Shika ke taraf se aamna ke taraf se aur Priyanka_p ke taraf se, Do you watch any other of the serials apart from your own? Do u have time for that?

H: No I don't watch my own serials…

W: Oh you don't... itna time nahin hai apko? (You don't even have that much time?)

H: I just come home... jab tak mein aata hoon, tab yahan sub khatam ho jata hai... ~ (By the time I come home all the serials have finished for the night).

W: Lekin ek aur baath aap hamaare saath share kare… aap abhi kya kha rahe hai waise? (So share one more thing with us… what are you eating right now?)

H: Mein fish kha raha hoon… (I am eating fish)

W: Aha.. Fish.. Kaunsi waali fish?? (What type of fish?)

H: Yeh hamare yahan bolte hai (here they call it).. "pomfret"

W: Oh pomfret, pomfret…

H: yeh fried hai... I love sea-food. 

W: To aapka favorite food kya hai waise (So what is your favorite food by the way?)

H: I love seafood, I love fish

W: hmmm, sushi wushi?..

H: umm… waise woh nahi khata main ~ (actually I don't eat that)~ ... selected fish I eat.. pomfret I eat… it's called Bombay duck… I eat that... it's not exactly duck but it's a fish

W: ohhh… Bombay duck which is a fish... that's nice :(laughs):

H: yah

W: ek aur sawal aaya kuch yuh hai ke (another question we have here that goes like)… how is it being married to somebody who has the same profession as you? Koi rukawatein hoti hai ke ya phir ~ (some pauses along the way or…) ~ … everything is going perfectly fine?

H: yah... sabse bada faida hai ke married to someone who's in the same profession... bahut achhi baat hoti hai kyunki bahut understanding hoti hai ~ (It's the biggest advantage to be married to someone in the same profession as you… there's a lot more mutual understanding).

W: hmm hmm bilkul (Hmmm of course)

H:  aur scene kya chhaata hai… or kitne der lagti hai ~ (also depends on what the scene wants and how long it takes) ~ …for example, you know… I'm sure agar meri wife kisi aur profession mein hoti or ya mein kisi aur profession mein hota aur meri wife us profession mein nahin hoti to mein us baat ko samajh ta nahi ke as heroine you have to act ~ (I'm sure that if my wife was in another profession or I was in another profession and my wife wasn't in the same one then I wouldn't be able to understand that as a heroine you have to act) ~…there's some acting scene and you're portraying with other character agar character milta aisa hai hamare aisa hota hai ki well I remember doing scenes with Tanya like when I have to hug Tanya and my wife sees that and then I hug her and then after scene got over she's calling me and telling me that "you know what you didn't hug her properly" (Wakas laughs) ... you know that is the kind of chemistry and understanding we have

W: I think everyone should have a wife who's like that but especially in an industry like that

H: Actually we both have to understand the kinds of roles we are doing.. it's part of the job

W: would u actually like it if she comes in a movies as well… has she any plans about that because we didn't get a hold of her

H: yea I mean hum jo sochte hai hamare career ke bare mein wo to individual hote hai… aisi koi rokh tok nahin.. meine rokha nahin.. usne rokha nahin …. ~ (We think individually about our careers… neither one of us is stopping the other one)

W: to aisa role aaya (if such a role came) then she will definitely go for it

H: Bilkul (of course) go ahead no a problem absolutely… only thing is you should be convinced that you want to do a certain role. 

W: Yeah... 100% into the whole thing… that's the only way you should be going forward

H: Bilkul.. That's our work

W: Ek aur sawal yahan pe aaya hai… armaangirl ki taraf se… quite a nice question though… "I love the relationship between Karan and Tulsi: do you have the kind of relationship with your mom?"

H: Exactly... If you have that kind of relationship with your mom, it becomes very easy and natural to portray... it's easier because jaise mera relationship hai Gauri ke saath… wo screen pe automatically… I mean hum dono ko kuch karna nahin padta... ek dum natural hai... waise mere mom ke saath jaisa karta hoon waise apni mom ke saath karta hu.. thodi shararat… wo kaan khech leti mere… it comes naturally… ~(It's easier to portray because just like how my relationship with Gauri comes automatically on screen since neither one of us has to really act because it's all natural, in the same way I'm on screen with my mom as I am with my mother in real life… a little teasing and playing jokes... she pulls my ears…) 

W: sometimes it's so natural that you can tell if it's real or your doing a drama na? Hareem ke taraf se sawal hai ki what is your favorite gift form a fan?

H: haan ek fan mujhe yaad hai ~ (yes I remember a fan) ~Maham from Pakistan… she gave lovely jacket... suede leather ka hai.. I mean how she managed to do it… it [jacket] didn't come to me directly... she gave it to somebody coming to India and that person gave it to me for my birthday

W: ohh kitni mehnat se pahochaye usne aapke liye (Must have been a lot of work through which she sent you the jacket)

(Hiten and Wakas talk about dedication to and from fans… Hiten voices how he's thankful for the love his fans give him which makes his work worth it)

W: India-Forums ki taraf se ek ek contest rakha gaya tha on the website.. ke "describe why you think Gauri and Hiten are meant to be" to hamare paas 3 best entries aayi hai.. mein sunana chaata hun (I-F kept several contests on their site… We got 3 entries which I would like to share with you). Buttercup (Wakas: what a username)… buttercup kehti hai ki "From being colleagues to "just friends" to "good friends", lovers and finally Husband and Wife, they don't look into the camera, they smolder at the camera and makes all of us go fida over them"

And number two is mangrooves ke taraf se "the romance between them is exemplary, so tender, subtle and slowly intoxicating and yet so contagious that friends it made me fall in love with my husband all over again!" (Wakas: Awwww… that is deep)… the third one is from datspreets ke taraf se: "They Say for a relationship to work… chemistry is needed… but I say mystery plays a greater part... they both have that mystery in their eyes... which wants u to know... wow... how come they are so different yet sooo alike..." That's it.

H: wonderful… prizes for all of them…

W: waise rapid fire chotta sa hai.. chotte chotte se sawal hai… ke jawab deneka (Some short rapid fire questions for you to answer)

W: Favorite color?

H: black

W: Favorite car?

H: Would love to own a SUV very soon model name kuch pata nahin hai (Don't know the model name) but I like SUVs

W: Fav movie?

H: I really loved a beautiful mind (H and W discuss how nice the movie is)

W: Fav location?

H: Like I said Gauri and I both love beaches… Goa is our favorite place

W: Fav actor in Bollywood?

H: I love Shah Rukh… everybody loves him but whatever he is today is because of his own hard work… and also Amitabh Bachchan.

W: Speaking of Shah Rukh how does it feel to be known as Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan of the small screen?

H: Mein is bare mein kuch nahin bol sakta (laughs) mein Gauri si is bare mein baat karta hun… ~ (I can't say anything on this topic… I'll talk to Gauri about it)

W: well when we interview Gauri we will ask her then

W: Fav book aapki, if u like reading that is?

H: You know I don't enjoy reading so much because what happens is when you're reading something you got to be totally into it... sit in one place and just read… but I'm the type of person.. thoda sa sharaarti hun.. kiska mobile chura kar yahan rakh liya … ~ (I'm the naughty type of person… like one who'll steal someone's mobile and put it somewhere else)

W: Fav dish?  (pause)That was the one with the duck right

H: fish… fish…

W: Fav actress?

H: I like Kajol… Kajol is a good actress we have in our industry... one of the beautiful. She's definitely very good

W: Would you like to come in a movie opposite Kajol?

H: (Pause) I don't mind… absolutely

W: We'll definitely get in touch with Yash Chopra ji and ask him for any roles if he ever gets anything (both laugh)

W: Well we were interviewing Mr. Hiten Tejwani from drama serial Kyunki which is doing brilliant on the network and we have thousands and thousands of fans listening to the show right this minute... to end mein jaate jaate apni taraf se pyaar se koi message dena chatte hai apne listeners ko (So as you are going would you like to leave your listeners with a loving message?)

H: ji haan…. Nothing is impossible… my dear friends believe me if you want to do something just start doing it everything will fall into place and you'll reach your goal

(Wakas asks Hiten to record a jingle which he does saying in a strong voice, "Hellooo… my name is Hiten Tejwani and you're listening to Craze FM…")

W: Brilliant we did it... Once again thanks a lot for coming to I-F radio and Craze FM radio and at the very end here's IF song of the week… fans of Gauri and Hiten from all over the world have chosen the song... a token of appreciation from I-F to Hiten for taking time out and chatting with us. Would you like to guess the song?

H: is it a love song?

W: Yes it is a love song.

H: You go ahead and tell me

W: It's the title song from movie Hum Tum for being a lovely couple. Thanks for coming. Take care.

H: Thank you so much. Love to everybody. Please enjoy life fully. Bye bye, take care.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetrani_neha thumbnail
Hi,

OK... So this is extremelyyy late... My apologies for that😳... Some of you may have forgotten by now that we even had a Hiten Tejwani interview😆... but we did and it surely was a special one!!😛
SPECIAL THANKS TO SWATI (preity*zinta) for helping me write half of the interview transcript. I know it took hours to decipher what was exactly being said but thankss soo much for your help😛. I don't know what I'd do without you😳. Also kudos to Neha (#1 kyunki fan) for helping with the last few minutes of the interview. Great Job! 👏👏
NOTE: The above transcript of Hiten Tejwani's Interview isn't word for word but after many days noting and translating it's the best I got😉😊

We really hope you guys enjoy the transcript, especially those who didn't get to hear the interview or just wanted to read the written version. It took about a month to complete (even though it was posted late), especially with the editing and translating, but we definitely enjoyed putting it together for all of you and hope you all will enjoy reading it😃.

Link to download interview (putfile version): http://media.putfile.com/Hiten_Tejwani_07october2005 

Please do post your comments😊.

Thanks,

Neha (sweetrani_neha)
Edited by sweetrani_neha - 18 years ago
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Thanks Neha, Swati and Neha.

It's awsome...no problem for the wait...and thanks for the putfile link!

Gurprit

white rose thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanku so much 😊
really appreciate the time and effort it must have taken to do.. and yup the interview ws def rocking 😃

uzi
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ thumbnail

WOW!!! nehaaaa...awesome job yaar!!!😃...yaar..u recognized everyone😳 but the forgot the most important person........

YOU!!!!😃 lolzz

anywyzz...thnkss so much fur all ur efforts😃...and last but not least swati..thnx a lot fur all teh hard wurk😃 🤗

Luv yaa!!

Take care,Neha~

preity*zinta thumbnail
awesome job Neha!!! thankz for fixin up my half😳.. it was quite bad lolzz.. awesome job too both the Neha's lolz!!
innocent_devil thumbnail
Thanks yaar!! Hiten and Gauri are so cute!! 😳 😳
Lady In Pink thumbnail
OMG 👏 👏 👏

Wonderful Job Done 👏

You ppl hav clearly put a lot of effort into this !!!

gr8 going 😊

-Eisha
gauri_hiten thumbnail

Thanks a lot Swati, sweet Neha and Neha.

U guys have done a gr8 job..

awesome

Rama

lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
thanx neha(both nehas) and swati...great job...