Thendral

Thendral Pictures Copied

Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hello everyone.  Just a curious question. 

I noticed how the pictures used in this forum are being copied and taken to other sites.  For example just last night I put up my favourite TT shots on the First Anniversary Page but then less than 24 hours later, someone took my pictures and put it on "Deepak's Fans" facebook page . 

I was quite surprised at how what I did was taken onto another site in less than a day.  I don't have facebook therefore there is nothing I can do about this.  I don't mind sharing pictures but permission should be asked first and the source should be credited. 

Therefore...

1) Are people allowed to copy and paste pictures onto other sites?
2) How can we prevent our Thendral creations being taken to other sites?
3) Does anyone know how to come in contact with the person taking our creations?

Of course, for some people this may not be a big issue at all.  But I was just shocked to see mines on that Facebook page.  Anyways let me know what you guys think.

Have a happy week!!!

Smiles

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Janani20 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Smiles,

I also noticed that, I have facebook and I visit that page everyday. Those pictures are actually awesome. Well, If you visit this page http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=747354&o=all&
op=1&view=all&subj=118429378183121&id=100000123827265
On the right-hand bottom corner of the page it says "Added by Deluckshy Ravichandran to ~~Deepak Fans~~". Im sure you can be able to contact her somehow.

To the questions you asked, yes she should have asked your permission first then
put it on facebook. I mean im not angry with Deluckshy, maybe she is also a big fan
of Tamizh and Thulasi but still permission is required, because we all know how 
much time you took on cropping, brightening and stuff Smiles.

You might want to join facebook and send her a message, Im not forcing you to
join facebook but its your choice. Anyway, thanks so much for the wonderful
and amazing pictures Smiles.

Edited by janani123 - 13 years ago
mellisai thumbnail
Smiles, it's difficult to prevent Thendral creations from being stolen and used in other forums. You can try adding NOCOPY/ MEMBERS ONLY tags to your post and this reduces stealing to some extent. HOWEVER, members are not allowed to copy and paste creations without the permission of the creator. AND if we find our members stealing creations then the member will face a rise in WARNING LEVEL and further increase in warning level results in a permanent ban.

Thendral Dev Team
Thamizhan

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Hi Smiles,

We understand you very well!  However, this is an issue we've been facing since day one!  Many of our creations have been stolen and are being used by members from various other internet sources.  Infact Our Global Moderator Mango had even posted a warning

So a kind request to all the creators here on IF, please ALWAYS copyright your siggies/ creations.  If you want the creations to remain within India-forums.com, then you can add the following tag:

(c) your name/ India-forums.com ' 2010

Furthermore, if ever you find any of your creations on Facebook, we can help you add a comment from our India-forums.com Facebook Account, especially for signatures!  I've done that in the past when I found out many of the signatures by Thamizhan and myself were being posted there.

Lastly, like others suggested, you may want to get in touch with the Admin of the Page informing them of such thefts.  If there is no actions, then you may want to report to the Facebook team, as long as there is clear evidence that the creations belong to you 😳! 

Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for your thoughts!!!  I really appreaciate it.  Love you guys!!!