Article--Adalat Review: Missing Drama

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Missing Drama

-A +A
Font
Kshama Rao, K Shama Rao Posted: Dec 24, 2010 at 2301 hrs IST
PrintEmailNewsletterRSS
Adalat could have been crisp and tight and an exciting weekend watch. It's a pity it's not.
Adalat
Saturday, 8.00 pm, Sony TV We, for one, had lots of expectations from this courtroom drama. That Ronit Roy would be finally getting to dig his teeth into a meaty role, not to forget a good chance of playing his own age as Advocate K D Pathak was good news. But Adalat, Sony's new weekly drama, leaves a lot to be desired. Pathak has the gift of the gab, is astute, stylish, has some smart lines (the writers' struggling is obvious though) and has a knack of bailing out his clients from the stickiest of cases. Yet, it fails to engross or engage you in the proceedings. Pathak could have been a flashy detective instead. We wonder why he dons the black robe because he solves cases like a detective would! The drama more often than not fizzles out by the end of the episode. Hardly nail-biting, awe-inspiring stuff…Also, considering the channel has had a long run of CID (not that it's a masterpiece), Adalat looks a poor copy. Also, his opponent lawyer, a Miss Phadnis, barely manages to complement him. What could have been an exciting war of words ends up as a tame tu tu main main. After playing the characters of Mihir Virani (Kyunki...Saas Bhi Kabhie Bahu Thi), Bajaj (Kasauti Zindagi Kay) and Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi (Bandini), Roy seems to be loving his new role. Yet, KD Pathak is nowhere near iconic characters like Karamchand. It's more style than substance as the script lets him down at times. Adalat could have been crisp and tight and an exciting weekend watch. It's a pity it's not. The drama is missing. Verdict: **

Watch if you don't have anything better to do.

@screenindia.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the review.. 
the show has definitely improved now! :D
Fazzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Well I think the TRP's speak for itself.
tanyaj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx 4 review.........
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What is the dude referring to as a standard? Sometimes Karamchand, sometimes CID...anyways, I feel Adaalat is pretty good for a courthouse drama and even though it looks similar, it's entirely different from a crime investigative show. Hope the guy realizes that before wriring such articles. Yes, maybe the plot could've gotten a little better by extensive research...but, I feel Adaalat is still doing wonders despite all that. :)Edited by debayon - 13 years ago
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Adaalat is not as bad is its made out to be. It may not be as slick as the first season of Siddhant. But is way better than tons of other shows on air.
-Rozi- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the review
blahblahs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this review is stupid! thanx though. i really enjoy adaalat. but i do think that maya should be able to give KD a little more of a "takkar"...and some interesting dialouge would be good too...but, it's only been like the first five episodes or so...we shall see...
love_girish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think now that there's a girl, who is the assistant  of KD, there will be some thing new maybe. just hope so because i watch the show for KD. he is amazing & the cases are interesting as well.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Shayal 

They should show more KD scenes.. 
looking forward to flashbacks between Kd-Maya!