Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards - Page 9

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by smarie pants

preciecely...most of the good performances this year have been from actors who are not that popular on twitter, or who are not on twitter at all...so i think its fair-ish...rishi kapoor, udaan guy, vidya, natha guy from peepli etc...im pretty sure they wont nominate kareenas and priyankas for WAFs, golmaal 3, AA and PI....so we can take a breather...

Hi :-), Bhairav Singh the father in Udaan is Ronit Bose Roy & Rohan, the son is Rajat Bramecha (sorry spelling most prob is wrong).
I don't blame them for not nominating Sajid Khan🀣
Originally posted by CZ..

the reader might not have been winslet's finest performance but it was high time she won an oscar. what film she won it for was really irrelevant ;p

true. it didn't matter. it was high time she got one. but she had to do a "reader" to actually get it! πŸ˜†
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

true. it didn't matter. it was high time she got one. but she had to do a "reader" to actually get it! πŸ˜†

kya karein, you gotta fake it to make it πŸ˜†
what I'd like to see in this award is people who are ignored but do well in the movie industry to some recognition. bias will be there. it's ok. but people deserve some recognition for their work. why should good performances/good films be ignored year after year? the popular bollywood awards can stay....but so can awards like these which will choose a different set of films and other non-popular actors who we are not aware of.....i love this idea!

it would be even nice if they have a regional movie section. there are good films being made in other parts of india. i would like a category for those.

what I'd like to see in this award is people who are ignored but do well in the movie industry to some recognition. bias will be there. it's ok. but people deserve some recognition for their work. why should good performances/good films be ignored year after year? the popular bollywood awards can stay....but so can awards like these which will choose a different set of films and other non-popular actors who we are not aware of.....i love this idea!

it would be even nice if they have a regional movie section. there are good films being made in other parts of india. i would like a category for those.

I hate it that IIFA and other awards present Bolly as India's Best. There are better regional movies which lose all the time

plagiarism is when you do not cite the original source. saawariya's original source was Dostoevsky's story and it was given it's due credit right in the beginning of the film. Many movies have been made based on that story..... don't know about Guzaarish.

i havent read Dostoevsky's White Nights which is what both the movies were based on. I did come across a series of topics in this issue

Saawariya is Iyarkai movie story - Jananathan

National award winning movie director S.P. Jananathan has accused Sanjay Leela Bhansali of copying his story of Iyarkai for the movie Sawariya.
According to Jananathan, after the success of Iyarkai starring Shaam and Arun Vijay, a Mumbai film maker K.C Bakodia approached him saying that he wanted to remake the movie in Hindi with Salman Khan and took a copy of the movie with him. But the director did not hear back from him and next thing he sees is that after the release of Saawariya for Deepavali people noticed the similarities between Iyarkai and Sawariya.

He adds that even though Iyarkai was based on Dostoyevsky's White Nights, Jananathan had made many changes to the script to suit our audience and Sanjay Leela Bhansali has just taken this and made it into Sawariya. Janannathan is upset with this that a director as big as Sanjay Leela Bhansali can do such a thing and such plagiarism should be stopped.

Saawariya wasn't a good film but Ranbir was great
Originally posted by ruky786

Saawariya wasn't a good film but Ranbir was great

plainly it was a bad adaptation. I have seen other versions of white nights ...the movie in the article absed white nights in a fishing village not in weird world of blue and it worked