Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Just a little background on how the jury works: 

The rules and regulations for the awards have come up mostly through discussions on Twitter. What has been decided is: A jury of film critics on Twitter AND film buffs on Twitter (who are nominated by Twitterati) gives their nominations for the Best in the categories. We combine those lists and come up with final nominations. And then ask people to vote for every category for a particular number of days, so we can come up with the winners!

The Film Critics who have already agreed to be part of the movement are:

1. Pratim Das Gupta (@PratimDGupta) - Film Critic, The Telegraph

2. Aniruddha Guha (@AniruddhaGuha) - Film Critic, DNA

3. Pragya Tiwari (@mriganayanika) - Film Critic, Tehelka

4. Aseem Chhabra (@chhabs) - Noted Film Critic and Columnist

5. Rajeev Masand (@rajeevmasand) - Film Critic, CNN IBN

6. Anupama Chopra (@anupamachopra) - Film Critic, NDTV

7. Mihir Fadnavis (@mihirfadnavis) - Noted Film Critic

8. Shubha Shetty Saha (@shubhaS) - Entertainment Editor, ibnlive.com

9. Sudhish Kamath (@SudhishKamath) Film Critic - The Hindu

10. Bikas Mishra (@dearcinema) - DearCinema.com

11. Sameer panje (@cinemaaonline) - Cinemaaonline.com

12. Sukanya Verma (@SukanyaVerma) - Film Critic - Rediff.com

13. Namrata Joshi (@NamrataJoshi) - Film Critic - Outlook

14. Raja Sen (@RajaSen) - Film Critic, Rediff.com

15. Shubhra Gupta (@shubhragupta) - Film Critic, Indian Express

16. Ajay Brahmatmaj (@ajaybrahmatmaj) - Film Critic, Dainik Jagran

17. Anna Vetticad (@annavetticad) - Deputy Editor, Headlines Today

18. Nandini Ramnath - Film Critic, Time Out

The critics on the music jury so far are:

1. Nikhil Taneja @nikhiltaneja86 - Ex-HT music critic 

2. S Karthik @beastoftraal - Runs www.milliblog.com

3. Amit Gurbaxani (@groovebox) -  Editor of www.mumbaiboss.com

4. Harshit Gupta (@hg6) - Runs http://happysing.com/

5. Lalitha Suhasini (@LalithaSuhasini) - Noted music critic 

6. Chirag Sutar (@sutarchirag) - Ex-Radioandmusic.com music critic

7. Pavan Jha (@p1j) - Runs www.gulzaronline.com

8. Raja Sen (@RajaSen) - Critic, Rediff.com

The three Tweeple already on the film jury are:

1. Fight Club @NBKHoon (moifightclub.wordpress.com) - For the street cred and for initiating the awards process

2. Nikhil Taneja (@nikhiltaneja86) - Entertainment journalist, for initating the awards process

3. Pavan Jha @p1j (http://www.gulzaronline.com/) - For the street cred and for helping with the tech details of the awards process

The other tweeple on the film and music jury will be selected through a nomination and voting process. For nominees of Tweeple jury, head here:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/tweeple-film-awards/tweeple-jury-nominations/135093913216325

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I still think these voting system would not be fair. The one on twitter I mean. Watch the celebs on twitter are the ones who are gonna win because there the ones who have more fans on twitter. And the jury members will probably vote for the celebs on twitter because they know they are the ones on there and that will know about this award than the outsiders like kajol, Vidya, kareena, Aish or Katrina. I don't think this would be any better than the actual bollywood awards. Fans are gonna vote for their favorite actress even if they don't think they deserve it.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
^^but the jury seems awsome...raja sen, masand and anupama...the most sensible critics around...and also...ppl on twitter are brutally honest about movie reactions (mostly, if u excuse over enthu fans who swoon over anything)...i think it could be quite nice...
MissIffiy thumbnail
Originally posted by: lensahunte08

I still think these voting system would not be fair. The one on twitter I mean. Watch the celebs on twitter are the ones who are gonna win because there the ones who have more fans on twitter. And the jury members will probably vote for the celebs on twitter because they know they are the ones on there and that will know about this award than the outsiders like kajol, Vidya, kareena, Aish or Katrina. I don't think this would be any better than the actual bollywood awards. Fans are gonna vote for their favorite actress even if they don't think they deserve it.

i disagree on the jury choosing the celebs on twitter the jury list they have so far should know better than that as for the fans I agree they will vote for their fav but these awards right now like the screen I really dont get how those numbers are working you know what I am talking about so i like this tweeter thing better

& I am sure Kat will not make this nomination list matter fact dont think PC will either 
Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Originally posted by: smarie pants

^^but the jury seems awsome...raja sen, masand and anupama...the most sensible critics around...and also...ppl on twitter are brutally honest about movie reactions (mostly, if u excuse over enthu fans who swoon over anything)...i think it could be quite nice...

You know it's not gonna be the jury who decides the winners right?
^^wht? didn't they say there will be a addy boy, Komal-less jury deciding the awards!! thts wht hooked me on! of course they would decide valid nominations....so the voting would be fair-ish aswell.

EDIT:
Im sure they are not just gonna nominate kareena for golmaal, or priyanka for anjana anjaani....most of the actors who gave gr8 performances this year aren't on twitter....and even if they are, they arent as popular. so i think its fair. 
Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Originally posted by: MissIffiy

i disagree on the jury choosing the celebs on twitter the jury list they have so far should know better than that as for the fans I agree they will vote for their fav but these awards right now like the screen I really dont get how those numbers are working you know what I am talking about so i like this tweeter thing better

Yes it depends on who the jury member is. But if  that reporter anna is gonna be the jury. It's gonna be totally bias.
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: chocolover89

^Zee always introduces a special category every year. Remember Katrina getting the British Indian Actor award last time?

Anyways these twitter awards sound interesting..and seem like they will be less rigged than others 😆 

WHAAAAAAT

seriously?? they had a british indian actor award??😆😆😆😆😆😆

omg why nt simply give her the katrina kaif award for being katrina kaif sponsored by katrina kaif
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Originally posted by: smarie pants

^^wht? didn't they say there will be a addy boy, Komal-less jury deciding the awards!! thts wht hooked me on! of course they would decide valid nominations....so the voting would be fair-ish aswell.

NO.... it's the fans on twitter who are voting. And we know twitter is filled with obsessed teenage fans. Trusting me I know 😆
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
no the jury are coming up with the nomination then the fans vote  this all started from Sajid being nominated for Zee best dir he was actually trending on twitter as ppl were not happy bc of this Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago