Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Twi Fi Awards for those sick of other awards - Page 4

ladygaga thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

This is the definition of Slapstick from wiki

"Slapstick is a type of comedy involving exaggerated violence and activities which exceed the boundaries of common sense"

Slapsticks are supposed to be OTT and bizarre.. thats the whole point.. honestly the bashing of slapstick by critics is just beyond pathetic.. a lot of people enjoy watching these movies.. yes critics don't have to like them or praise them.. if they don't want to.. but sorta make it a point to bash them again and again.. and call them bad cinema is stupid.. if you watch any old holly slapsticks.. like after the fox .. or the naked gun franchise then they are also silly.. or any newer ones..
Edited by ladygaga - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seriously...comedy has become the most arrogantly exploited genre...just because the audience would rather opt for a comedy than any drama or thriller.....making something pedestrian and basking in the glory of its "collections" dosen't make it a good film. 
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: bandicoot

WHAAAAAAT

seriously?? they had a british indian actor award??😆😆😆😆😆😆

omg why nt simply give her the katrina kaif award for being katrina kaif sponsored by katrina kaif

ðŸĪĢðŸĪĢ
Trust me..my reaction was  ðŸĪŠ 
ladygaga thumbnail
Every genre deserves respect.. atleast in my eyes.. its not just about boxoffice.. but every genre should be treated in the same way..

yes slapstics are supposed to be silly,OTT yada yada and thts all fine....but the problem i have is the fact that very few exploit tht genre well...most of the times, our "slapstic" films look like they are desperate to get some chuckles by hook or crook.....slapstic can be clever...case in point the films i mentioned in my previous post....but these days it just seems like they started filming improptu without any thought or effort gone into the script or the scenes. 
Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Am sure people would not mind if Guzarish get's nominated. Because hey it's a serious cinema made with a well known director who pays attention more about his sets than he does about his film/story. But since this is considered a serious cinema, no one will mind if it gets nominated even if the film was bad. Because serious cinema = good film/award worthy.

PS am just giving Guzarish as an example because that's the one where a lot of members bashed on here recently on how bad it was. And how the curtain was flying and nothing else is in the story.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i dont think these guys(film critics) hate comedies/slapsticks

they did rate "well written" comedies highly.... These guys gave OSO and Main Hoon Na great ratings too and sajid is a bad director.

a well done slapstick movie should be in any critics list ..
i have nothing against comedy...why should i? even i would pick a comedy over an intense muvie anyday...everyone wants to feel lighthearted and have a good laugh...but just because the genre is such a favourite, tht is not an excuse to churn out low brow films in the name of comedy, and arrogantly proclaim it to be "paisa vasool"...when they are selling them on the basis of the genre, not on the merits of the film. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
sajid is not a bad director. His film Heyy Baby was good and funny...which deserved a nomination when it released. If it didn't...will bollywood award suck...but we all know that already.
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
lensa, i dunt think many would appreciate guzaarish  being nominated...kurbaan was a serious movie too...was it nominated in a lot of categories tht year??...3 idiots recieved more nominations...and ppl didnt mind tht coz it was clearly the better film amongst the two....similarly...saawariya was shunned at awards while OSO recieved many nominations....why?? because ppl appreciate good films...not the genre they are made in...thts the way it should be.  Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago