Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
OMG.....the rings are sooo pretty....i love the bands n his ring too
i cant wait for the next part....

.ava thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

~*~January 6th,2011: The Dates Are Set!~*~

A few weeks ago Dino and I were talking about the wedding and stuff when we realized?we don't have a wedding date! I can't believe we actually forget about setting a wedding date๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†! I called my mom and then on January 6th, my parents, Dino's parents, me and Dino were at my parents' house to discuss wedding dates (It was actually very scary for some reason๐Ÿ˜†.) We sat down with a big calendar (that my dad got from a real estate agent lol๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† It was actually a pretty calender) and after 3-4 hours we finally had the dates!

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011: Mehendi (We're also going to have the haldi/holud/turmeric ceremony that day in full out Bengali style๐Ÿ˜›)

Thursday, May 26th, 2011: Sangeet

Friday May 27th , 2011: Catholic wedding (we're signing those court papers that day too)

Saturday May 28th, 2011: Hindu wedding

Sunday, May 29th, 2011: Reception (We're gonna have our "nikkah" that day too so it's also our Muslim wedding)

At first we were kind of hesitant about having parties on a wednesday,thursday and sunday but...then I realized if people can invite me to weddings and b-day parties on weekdays and sundays then why can't I?๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Omg.. thats going to be pretty tiring 5days in a row.. non stop with the functions!!
you have like only 5months left .. good luck with the preparations! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
and which event are you are most looking forward to??
Edited by .Jiya. - 13 years ago
.ava thumbnail
Lol it's going to be an intense 5 days๐Ÿ˜†
Omg...umm I'm really excited for the mehendi night. It's the first day of the crazy 5 day celebrations.It's also my haldi night so I'm super excited for that too since it's going to be in the Bengali way.I love going to Bengali "Gaye Holuds" so having my own is going to be extremely exciting. I'm also excited for the first wedding day because that's when I'm offically married๐Ÿ˜› Oh but then there's the reception...that's going to lots of fun๐Ÿ˜›. Umm...I think I'm just looking forward to all the days๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. Ok maybe I'm excited a tiny bit more for the mehendi/haldi night than the other celebrations....lol I don't think I'm making sense. I'm not sure...I'm confused๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I can't get over how beautiful your dress and ring are. I'm so proud of myself...I helped pick out the dress๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. Oh guess what?? I know what the engraving on your wedding band says (Dino told me) BUT I can't tell you (I promised๐Ÿ˜›)๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. I can't wait for the parties to start...especially the mehendi and reception๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Love you beebee๐Ÿ˜›
Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
aww this is awesome! You're gonna have 3 types of weddings that too within 5 days! 
Good Luck! I hope you get to enjoy all the days!! 
.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Ava:
Oh yeah, mendhi, haldi nights are always sooooooo fun!!
ive always enjoyed going to a Mendhi/Haldi.
i know i have agesss to go ๐Ÿ˜› but im super excited when i have...
my 'own' mendhi night.. being bengi ive always enjoyed that function then any other nights!!
and i also LOVE the outfits people decide to wear on their mendhi the.. bride, the guests and  close family...thats what i take notice of, what they wear and how they wear it. ๐Ÿ˜†
Dont worry your making sense. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Jiyaa :) xx

Edited by .Jiya. - 13 years ago
.ava thumbnail
Going to Toronto,Ontario for some wedding stuff! Figured I'll just update before I leave๐Ÿ˜Š

~*~January 7th, 2010: Colour scheme? Check! Flower girl & bridesmaids dresses? Check!~*~

Before picking out the dresses we had to decide on a theme! After spending some time looking at a bunch of colors we finally chose a theme. Turquoise and white with fresh red roses! It was great because turquoise is one of my favorite colours and Dino loves it too! Also on our first date (as official bf/gf) I wore a turquoise dress and Dino gave me red roses๐Ÿ˜ณ. While discussing themes that came up and Dino said he liked the way the two looked together๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

Choosing bridesmaids and a flower girl was actually very easy for me! My flower girl is going to be Roshni's older daughter, Suhana, who's 3 years old๐Ÿ˜Š. I'm not going to have a maid of honor and Dino's not going to have a best man. The people we picked to be our bridemaids &groomsmen are all our bestfriends๐Ÿ˜›.We're just going to have groomsmen and bridesmaids. My three bridesmaids are Soha (my best friend/room mate atm. No joke I've known her my whole life๐Ÿ˜†?our moms became best friends in high school and still are๐Ÿ˜ƒ),Roshni (my favorite cousin/one of my best friends) and Diya (my little sister?actually my one and only sister๐Ÿ˜†).

Before getting the bridesmaids and flower girl dresses we originally planned on picking out the Lehenga and Saree for me (For the other 2 weddings) but I can't find any that I really like(that's why I'm going to Toronto.). Since we couldn't find any we just thought about moving on and looking for the other things. 

So theme is picked, bridesmaids and flower girl picked?next is getting their dresses! The flower girl's dress is:    
  • Sleeveless taffeta and tulle tea-length dress 
  • Taffeta flowers at shoulder   
  • Ruched cummerbund waistband with triple flower and bow accent at center back       
  • Full skirt with pick-up front       
  • Carriage back       
  • Ruffled layered tulle inset

The dress is white and to fit the theme the waistband, flowers and bow are going to be changed to turquoise.

Dresses for the bridesmaids are:

• Asymmetrical sweetheart neckline
  • One shoulder strap with floral trim
  • Pleated bodice
  • Back zip closure
  • silk chiffon

They're a teal now so they're going to make the same dress but in turquoise (a few shades lighter)

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Eeep seeing the dresses makes me more excited๐Ÿ˜› I can't wait to see the dresses in the actual colours๐Ÿ˜Š

viva_amez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
love the dresses for both...ur theme is very nice and its gonna be very pretty...the flower girl's dress is too adorable....