Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.ava thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I'm backkkkkkk home!!!!!(well I've been home since like 6pm😆) I didn't realize how much I missed home until I usually got home and saw Soha (My bestfriend/room mate😃) and Button (My puppy😛) sitting on the sofa watching Charlie St. Cloud😊.

~*~January 15th, 2011: Our 2nd wedding outfits.~*~

I thought finding my wedding gown was going to be hard…but I was wrong; I found that in two days. It was hard finding my lehenga and saree for the wedding and reception. We went to a bunch of stores looking a bridal lehengas and sarees but there are always something wrong with them. Either they looked too outdated, I didn't like the colour or style, they were way too heavy or way too simple. Some stores I only spent a few minutes in them because I didn't like the attitude of the sales people (jerks!😡). I got really upset about not finding what I wanted and that was the first problem we had in our wedding planning👎🏼.

I thought about getting them custom made but then I realized that first I'm going to have to find a really good tailor. I remembered  when Roshni designed her brother and sister-in-law's wedding reception outfits. She gave the material and everything to the seamstress and when she went back to check things out she saw NOTHING WAS READY😡😡. They ended up having to go buy the outfits. I didn't want that to happen to me too. I couldn't have them made in India or Bangladesh because who would go? (I wouldn't be able to) and what if they mess up the measurements? I wouldn't be able to go and tell them to fix it. It would just be a hassle👎🏼.

Out of nowhere,one day my sister suggested we go to Toronto to see if there's anything I like. My mom agreed because Toronto has more Indian clothing stores then Montreal so I was bound to find something I like😊. My mom told Dino's mom so that way we can all go and pick out mine and Dino's outfits. I was excited to go wedding shopping in Toronto(It was like a mini vacation) We all managed to take off from work for a few days and Diya (my sister) convinced my mom into letting her miss school for a few days to be able to go to Toronto. We left on Jan 13th (Thursday) and got back on Jan 17th (Monday).

OMFG the trip there was crazy. We drove there (it's 6 hour drive but with Dino's driving it was more like 5 hours😆). Our moms wouldn't shut up! They talked the whole time!!! Diya was dying because she was sitting in the back with them (+ She was in the middle😆). Dino wanted to kill his mom at the end of the trip😆. Every time he was about to  talk to me his mom would start talking to me. It was too funny😆 I don't know it was a coincidence or she was doing it on purpose but it was driving him insane lmao😆😆😆.

On our first shopping day we ended up seeing things we saw before (which got me pretty annoyed!). The second day was a success😃😃! We only went to two stores and I found something I liked. I tried it on it was perfect It didn't weight a gazillion pounds (Thank God!),it was pretty and everyone had smiles on the face when they saw me in it! The only change being made is the fitting; it's kind of loose so it has to be fitted.

The Lehenga (lmao I just copy pasted this, couldn't remember all the details)

•     Cream lehenga adorned with intricate floral patterns embellished with sequins stones, zardosi, beads and stones. Accentuated with velvet floral appliqus
  • Border features a patch decorated with floral patterns embellished with stones, zardosi, beads and kundan
  •   Matching choli in cream, ends just below the bust
  • Dupatta is in maroon  featuring floral motifs embellished with bugle beads, zardosi and stones

The sales person helping us told us there was a sherwani that would look great with this lehenga so obviously Dino tried it on. He looked amazing!!!! His mom looked so happy and kind of sad in-a-way to see him wearing a wedding sherwani.

His sherwani is (Also copy pasted this)

•   Gold/Cream Banaras brocade sherwani 
  • Adorning the collars, front panel and cuffs embellished with sequins, beads and embroidery
  • Maroon bottoms

So glad we found our outfits for our 2nd wedding day (The Hindu Wedding). I know I could've waited awhile to find the lehenga & saree because I'm sure new stock will come to those stores I went to in time for the wedding. However I didn't want to have to panic about the outfits. that's why I'm getting those over with.

Nikasha. thumbnail
The lehnga and sherwani look gorgeous! I've been reading this silently, but this is honestly so exciting to read! Keep posting and keeping us updated :D Good luck with your three weddings!

Just out of curiosity, what does Dino look like?

-Nikasha 
burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah, finding a wedding dress and other dresses is always an hassle... I remember going through the same experience you did (no, not my wedding but my aunt's😛). But I'm glad you found it though as there's always a bigger and better selection in Toronto than in Montreal. The lehenga is really beautiful, especially the dupatta. 😊 And your fiancee's sherwani is really nice as well, matches perfectly with your outfit.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Okay, so I just finished reading your wedding journal! 

First of all: Congratulations!!! You're wedding dress for the Catholic wedding looks gorgeous, and the ring looks beautiful too! The lengha and sherwani are beautiful too! Shopping and planing for weddings sound so crazy and hectic! Good luck to you and all the best! 😳
.ava thumbnail
@Nikasha: Thank you! I spent half an hour trying to find a decent picture of Dino😆😆 Can't find any (I bet there all on his computer and he lets me keep the yucky ones😆).  I'm horrible at describing people for some reason😆. Umm he's tall (he's 6'- 6'2"),he has brown hair and eyes,he doesn't look Indian at all (His mom likes to say his Italian genes won over). Lol it's just easier showing a pic (even if they're his yucky ones😆)

(This is the most recent pic I found...it's from a few weeks ago) He's the one in the middle😛...I honestly don't remember who the guys on the sides are😆  Please ignore the tongue sticking out. Dino has a hard time taking normal pictures😆😆 

(This is from summer '10) I hate how he's wearing his fedora...it bothers me (He says he wears it "crooked" only to annoy me...well it works)

So ya that's my Dino😛

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Rofl I remember those guys,remember we met at another party and one was on the phone saying "Have a good day. Have a good day. Have a good evening. Have a gooooooooooooood okay bye". Then we met them again at that black+white theme party. They were soo wierd.

Anyways I wish I was able to go to Toronto with you guys. Now I have to wait till they're alterted to see them in person.
fammma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow...This is amazing,... Love it all absolutely, and you have this amazing writing sense!

I started a journal for my wedding, and then completely lost track of it. I think I will be starting it again soon, im especially motivated after reading your journal.

Love it xx
.ava thumbnail
@Rosh: Ohhh now I remember them...they were weird and creepy😕
@Famma: Thanks! You should so continue your wedding journal,I would love to read it😛

January 16th, 2011: Reception Outfits…found!

I planned that since I would have 3 weddings I would wear 3 different styles of clothes. First wedding=gown, second wedding=lehenga and third wedding=saree. Every single store I went to and saw the sarees…I really didn't like them. They were all just not my style. I decided to just wear a lehenga!

We went to a few stores but again I didn't seem to like anything. So went back to the store where we got the wedding lehenga+sherwani from. This one didn't even take us 10 minutes to find. The sales person who helped us the day before was talking to us; Dino interrupted the lady, pointed at a really pretty lehenga and asked her to show us that one.
I tried it on and everyone agreed and it looked amazing on me and we should get that one. Omg the smile on Dino's face was too cute, he felt so proud that he chose it!

It's a:

•  "Maroonish pink" net lehenga choli (choli ends just under bust)
  • A-line lehenga
  • Sequins, stones, zari and embroidery embellishments 
  • Matching grand embellished dupatta

We were also looking for Dino's sherwani. We spent a long time looking for one actually. Finally we found one that Dino approved.

It's a:

• Off white/silvery sherwani
  • Collar, front and cuffs are embellished with sequins, stones, beads, cutdana, zardosi and embroidery

Originally the bottom was straight leg and maroon but they looked weird together. He tried on the "churidar" bottoms in the same shade and it looked so much better. So to match my lehenga, the bottom is going to be the same shade. Also instead of straight leg it's going to be "churidar".

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh wow! Both your outfits look great! I love the lengha he chose! 😃 You're going to look so beautiful!
Nikasha. thumbnail
Ooh, Dino is cute! 😆 Thank you for taking out the time and finding a picture of Dino for me!

I love your lehnga and the sherwani, one again. 

-Nikasha