Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jassiee. thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Oh I read this all today :O
congrats! You and your fiance are really adorable. And, planning out the wedding seems like a lot of fun :) I really love your wardrobe for the wedding, your wedding dress is gorgeous! Ou, I would love to do that. Plus, it's pretty cool that your going to have 3 weddings :) Hahah, the idea of it seems so ideal. And, I love your colour scheme. And, the venues look awesome :P I love the outdoor venue, its beautiful and even more beautiful in person :) I LOVE going there. AAH, your menu made me hungry :$ YUM!
everything seems to be going along well :)
Keep us updated! 
.ava thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

February 7th, 2011: Makeup Artist&More Clothes!

Today was a very busy day for me. I was putting finishing touched on the room I was designing/decorating for somebody (It was my first Interior Design job!). That was actually annoying because the cushions I ordered weren't the same ones that came so I had to go to the store and exchange those. That wasted a lot of time and energy; I mean those sales people were so rude and obnoxious😡. Anyways I finished that at around 2pm. Then I had to meet up with a friend.

My friend is actually my old makeup artist's niece. We used to go to the same ballet class😛! Anyways now she's a professional makeup artist and I asked her to do my makeup for the weddings. I'm going to do my own makeup on the Mehendi and Sangeet but the other three days I want to get someone else to do it (It's not exactly the best idea to do your own wedding makeup). She's sucha a doll, she said she'll do it for free since we've known each other our whole lives and even worked together at one point. Yay I love free stuff😃😃!

After that I went to meet Dino and the groomsmen (plus the ring barrier). They were picking out their suits and tux. They already picked which ones they were going to get, Dino just wanted me to see them and make sure they were good. At the Catholic wedding Dino is going to wear a black 2 piece Ralph Lauren tuxedo with a white shirt and black bow tie. I find it so cute that he's actually going to wear a bow tie because normally he hates them (I'm not a big fan either😳) but he said since it's our wedding day he'll give it a chance because tuxedos are meant to be worn with bow ties😊. The groomsmen are going to wear black Ralph Lauren suits with a white shirt and turquoise tie to match the bridesmaids. The ring barrier is going to get his suit made because they couldn't find one they liked for him. It's going to be like the suits for the groomsmen, black suit, white shirt and turquoise tie. That should be done sometime next month😊

Dino's tux

Groomsmen's suit

I'm so proud of my guys⭐️, all I did was look at them and give them thumbs up, and they did a great job⭐️⭐️! The groomsmen are going to be Dino's bestest friend ever, Prem (Roshni's hubby) and cousin. Dino decided Prem and Calvin (Dino's best friend) were going to be his groomsmen before I even mentioned anything about wedding stuff. Then when I had 3 bridesmaids Prem kind of went through a little dilemma. He didn't have a third groomsman and didn't know who to choose, finally yesterday (Feb. 6th) he said Alex (his cousin on his mom's side) was going to be the third one. Then he picked Suhaan (Roshni+Prem's 3 year old son) to be the ring barrier because that kid is like Dino's favorite person ever. Dino acts like they're best friends when they're together (I'm not gonna lie…I kind of get jealous sometimes). Also Dino didn't want Suhaan to feel left out since his mom,dad and twin sister were going to be part for the wedding party. Now the only one left is Suri...she's my secret bridesmaid😆 It made my day when Dino called Prem and sent him a picture of the suit to get his approval (Prem's in L.A atm because of some family thing)…I wasn't expecting that😆.

Okay so while I was with the guys Rosh called to tell me that the sarees I ordered are here😃! So I  took Suhaan and met my mom at Rosh's house to check out the sarees. When I got there Rosh was in her leggings, sweatshirt and slippers. I was jealous because she got to stay home today while I was outside in the cold!! Anyways the sarees are for the Mehendi/Haldi night. I don't know if it's the same for all Bengalis but I know for Bangladeshi Haldi night ("Gaye Holud") everyone gets to wear simple sarees. The bride's Jewellery made from real flowers. I remember one of my uncle's weddings,which was the best wedding ever, especially the haldi night. We, cousins (all the girls) wore the same saree (in different colours) then my mom and aunts all wore the same saree (they wore the same colour too).

That's what I want at my haldi night! All my female cousins and my best friend are going to wear the same saree red, black and white polka dot georgette saree. We had some of them custom made for my younger cousins (they're going to look so cute). My mom and aunts are going to wear a light green jamdani saree with red and flowers and border. My saree is a red, black and white printed georgette saree. I don't know if it's a bad thing wearing black to a haldi or Mehendi night but whatever I don't care, nobody stopped me. All our blouses are going to be red (Any style,as long as it's red)The sarees are going to be draped in "Bengali style".

Saree for all the girls

I wish I had a picture of the model wearing the saree but I don't. This is what I have instead

My saree

Oh and  all my male cousins are going to wear simple a "black silk kurta pajama set". My dad and uncles are wearing the samething but in white.

Another thing I love is that I don't have to worry about Dino's outfit because that's not my resposibilty. I don't even want to know what he's going to wear😃...I just told him to wear something simple😊

Seeing the sarees and the guys' suits just made me more excited about the wedding. 4 more months!

Nikasha. thumbnail
Lovely sarees, and the suits look really nice also! Awww the ring bearer and secret bridesmaid😳😆

-Nikasha
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yesterday Suhaan was telling Prem about going shopping with the guys that day. He feels so important because he got to hang out with guys,especially Dino😆
.ava thumbnail

~*~February 12th 2011: Shoe Shopping and Booking People~*~

I love shoes! I have a closet just for all my shoes. Recently I went shoe shopping with my bridesmaids(Well the guys tagged along too,they all bought shoes to go with their suits.) I bought two pairs for myself. For the first wedding day I'm going to wear a pair that I already own (they're going to be my "Something Old"). They're black "Plisseta 140" satin slingback by Christian Louboutin.

The first pair I bought is for the second wedding day. They're Christian Louboutin "Maralena" crystal-covered mesh peep-toe pumps. I saw these and wondered why I don't already own them. Like half of the shoes in my shoe closet are Christian Louboutin's😃😃. I'm addicted to buying them, they're my favorite!

The second pair I bought is for the reception. They're black bow-embellished satin sandals by Valentino.

I also bought my "amazing" bridesmaids shoes. I don't really care when they wear them because I just bought them as a gift for being my bridesmaid. I bought them Christian Louboutin black "Fernando" sandals

After shopping I went to my parents' house to drop off my sister.Dino saw my mom cooking and immediately felt hungry (btw we ate right before we got to my parents' house😆). Then we started talking about booking a photographer and videographer. I automatically thought of two people I know and they're amazing! Dino knows them too and he loves their work. So we called them and they came over the next day to talk. The photographer is this guy I know because he married a girl I used to dance with when I used to perform (she's so nice and sucha a great friend). He said he would love to do the job, he even said he would get a second photographer to help him. The videographer is actually one of Dino's cousin's brother-in-law😊.Dino's also been friends with him since high school or something. He's been the videographer for a few weddings and parties I attended, I saw the finished product and the videos are always just so...wow😃!  

I wish I had a video to show you guys but I don't. However I do have pictures (from the photographer) so I can show those. I love these pictures, the first pic is of Montreal at night😊 and the second is from a friend's engagement party.

So yay I booked my photographer and videographer! 😛😛😛

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago
.Roshni. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Remember that lady that wanted those Valentino's but she couldn't buy them because they didn't have her size. She kept looking at you like she was going to kill you😆 Then she kept staring at me because I got those Miu Miu's that she wanted but they only had one left and they gave it to me😆. She wasn't even discreet about it,like she was really STARING at us😕. That pic of mtl was my fav for so long,it was my wallpaper on my iPhone for a long time too😊

-Mikayla- thumbnail

Heey,

I just finished reading your journal and I must say DAMN you are the most organized person I've ever come across. I mean my cousin has been engaged for a few months aswell but she is in no way organized about her wedding which is in 6 months!😆

I absolutely adore how you and your fiancee met each other, how he proposed and I love all your dresses especially your dress for your Italian wedding. They're all very beautiful. You kind of look really familiar to me in your avatar and I've seen your fiancee somewhere aswell but I can't put a ring around it...

The venues are pretty amazing, I'm actually from Montreal but moved to England two years ago, and I remember going to Saint Joseph's for my neices baptism.

The theme of your wedding is really unique, turqoise is actually one of my favourite colors. Well... I only have two but yeah it's my favourite.😆 The photographer you have chosen for your wedding looks pretty talented; the photo's and the colorizations are just stunning. That photograph of MTL is really making me emo.

Good luck on your wedding(s)😆
+ InshAllah, everything goes to plan.👍🏼

Mikki.
DesiGirl_ thumbnail
I loveeee the Sari's :D
The Two Hearts One Beat part is adorable ❤️
.Selena-Lauren. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I love your outfits for the three days and the location of the weddings'. You seem really organized and calm.😆

E.
Edited by Ebony. - 13 years ago
.ava thumbnail
@Mikayla:Hey,welcome to the FnB forum!😆Honestly the only reason I'm organized is because of Roshni,my cousin (angel_83191)and her mom/my aunt/my Lele. Those two have been helping me so much with this wedding planning😛omg i don't think I would ever be able to move to a different place,I love being in MTL.

@Sweetu: Thanks😊We got the "Two Hearts,One Beat" when Dino was having his cheesy days (days when everything he says is just so corny and cheesy) we were having a conversation and he was said " You know baby we can never be seperated because we're like two hearts but with one heartbeat...you know two hearts,one beat?😃" I remember laughing so much at that but found it so cute😆

@Ebony:Thanksss😃hahaha Roshni keeps me organized. She uses her mommy skills she learnt in the past 3 years on me😆I only seem calm because I don't write about all my breakdowns,nervous meltdowns and all those or else I would seem super crazy😆

~*~February 15th, 2011: Jewellery shopping with the future in-laws!~*~

A couple of days ago Dino's parents called me and asked if I was busy that day. I told them I wasn't so they asked me to get ready and they were going to pick me in an hour. I didn't know where we were going so I was really confused. I called Dino asking him if he knew where they were going to take me and he just laughed and said "You'll see". W*F? I hate when people say that! It annoys me so much! So anyways they came, picked me up and we ended up going to a jewellery store. Dino's mom was telling me that she wanted to take me jewellery shopping with them

We spent a LONG time looking at the jewellery. Dino kept calling me and at one point his mom took my phone away from me and every time Dino called she would yell at him and told him to learn how to share. Omg she's amazing! Lol every time the jeweler would show us something she didn't like she would say something in Italian (Dino's mom's Italian and his dad's Indian and omg they're both drop dead gorgeous!!!) and we would laugh about it while the jeweler stared at us like super confused.

We finally picked out a bunch of Jewellery that I'm actually going to wear at the 2nd wedding (The Hindu one). They're all gold with diamonds, rubies and some sapphires.

The necklace is a 2 piece. The first piece is short ("Choker" necklace) with diamond and ruby flowers with sapphires placed randomly. The second piece is the longer version (it's supposed to stop "right under my bust" according to the jeweler but for me it stops a little bit lower). I love the necklaces because they're something I'm really going to cherish forever. They're really heavy but pretty, I felt like a princess trying them on.

The necklace comes with matching earrings. The earrings aren't extremely big or heavy (Thankfully!!) because the necklaces are. They're chandelier earrings (They're medium-ish size) and have three flowers going down (The petals are diamonds and the middle of the 1st and 3rd flowers are rubies and the 2nd is a sapphire).

Along with the necklace and earring the set came with a matching "Shringar Patti" (I have no clue if there's a name for it in English). It's exactly like the earrings. The flowers are going across. The petals are diamonds and the middle of each flower is a ruby. The flower in the middle of the "Shringar Patti" is a size bigger than the rest and that one is the one with the sapphire center.

Also they bought me a matching "Baaju Band" (The arm cuff). Except the Baaju band is mostly diamonds and gold with a drop pendant (a ruby and sapphire flower.

The bangles I got also came with the set, they're exactly like the "Shringar Patti" (the only difference is that they're bangles).

When we were done Dino's mom told me that she came the day before and bought a ring for me. She asked the jeweler to show it to me and OMG it's so beautiful. Its diamonds and rubies set on gold Crown ring. I can't get over how pretty it is.

We left the jewellery at the store because my future mom-in-law said she wanted to give it to me properly (When they come over for the Mehendi/Haldi night).

I honestly felt like a real princess because of the way they were treating me.

Edited by avantika_greco - 13 years ago