Phulwa

~Article Archives~No Comments - Page 2

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
The chocolate boy of small screen is growing up. After playing the sweet and innocent Alekh in Bidaai, Angad Hasija is back on television – this time in a completely contrast character. Angad makes an entry in Colors' Phulwa in tonight's episode as the shrewd Shankar with hues of grey shade who is appointed by the Thakur to slay Phulwa. Angad will be seen in an off-beat character in a raw and complete dehaati macho look.

How does it feel to be back on television with such a different role?
It feels great to be back with different attitude and role. Again, I will be doing a totally new character which excites me. I am working hard for this role and hope the audiences like it.

What is the unique trait of your character Shankar?
For me, this character is very unique and daring. He is very raw and rustic, has negative shade and everyone in the village hates him. As I have never played such a role before, it is a challenge for me. Shankar is very important to the story as he is against the little protagonist Phulwa.

What kind of look you will have in this show?
As the show is a village based story, my look is very dehaati  with long hair. I will have a tan and wear kaaja. It's totally different from Alekh. I will also wear tight kurtas, show off my muscles and scare everyone. He is the gunda of the village. It would be something different for the audiences to watch. I hope the audiences love me in my new look. In fact, I have started growing a beard to get in to Shankar's character.

What do you like about Phulwa's character?
She is very strong and positive. She is very determined and brave. Very soon there will be a clash between Phulwa and me -so watch out for all the action.

Don't you think this role would give negative impact among your fans?
I know it would be little difficult  for them to see me in this avatar but when my character progresses, they will understand the motive behind Shankar's acts. I hope this role is a hit on television as I am the dabaang of Indian television.

What kind of research you have done for this role?
I haven't done any research but I have seen some old movies and I am just following the directions of the creative team. I am finding it very tough to talk in the UP dialect.

What message you would like to give to your fans?
Hey everyone, please do watch me as Shankar which is very different from my first show and please give me same love and support.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Angad-Hasija-turns-dehaati-in-Phulwa&aid=2661

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wasna Ahmed to enter Phulwa!

Wasna Ahmed to do a comeo in Phulwa as Shankar's sister Bindiya...

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Veer, Phulwa and Anandi fight for Jhanvi's rights in Laado..

Monday, April 04, 2011 | 6:08:44 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Veer, Phulwa and Anandi fight for Jhanvi's rights in Laado..

Will the efforts taken by Veer, Phulwa and Anandi change Ammaji's mind in Na Aana Is Desh Laado?

COLORS' Na Aana Is Desh Laado saw the major twist of Amba's (Shikha Singh) death and the revelation of Jhanvi (Vaishnavi Dhanraj) being the twin sister of Dia (Simran Kaur).

The next problem for Jhanvi is that Ammaji (Meghna Malik) refuses to accept her into the household.. Jhanvi takes it upon herself to fight for her rights, and starts living outside Ammaji's house as a protest.

Our source states, "Jhanvi is helped by few people in her protest. As soon as Jhanvi declares that she will not budge out of the place, Ammaji's goons will try to throw her baggage out of the premise. This is when Veer (Nandish Sandhu) of Uttaran will come to her rescue. Veer will fight the goons and give Ammaji a piece of advice. He requests her to accept her grand daughter".

"It is then the turn of the little girl Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani) to help Jhanvi. When she sees Jhanvi sitting in front of the house, Phulwa is shocked. She waits for Ammaji to come out and requests her to take her into the house. Phulwa and her young brigade will also tease Ammaji and Jogi for their deeds", adds our source.

Our source adds on, "Ammaji is invited to attend a minister's meeting and is invited on stage. Amma speaks about how women are rising and how she feels proud to be a woman. In the same stage, Ammaji has to offer an award to Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee) of Balika Vadhu for her achievements being a woman. This is when Anandi utilizes the occasion and questions Ammaji as to why she is refusing to accept Jhanvi as her own blood when she talks so highly about women".

Will the questions raised by Veer, Phulwa and Anandi change Ammaji's decision? Will Jhanvi get her rightful place?

Tune in to see Na Aana Is Desh Laado to get your answers…

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Wasna Ahmed to enter Phulwa!

Thursday, April 07, 2011 | 2:31:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Wasna Ahmed to enter Phulwa!

Wasna Ahmed to do a pivotal role in Phulwa as Shankar's sister Bindiya...

Wasna Ahmed, who came into the limelight with Zee TV's Shree and who is presently seen in Sahara One's Shorr, will now do a pivotal role for Colors TV's Phulwa as Shankar's younger sister Bindiya.

"Her entry will happen when Shankar (Angad Hasija) goes into a flashback  He recollects certain moments of his younger sister Bindiya  (Wasna Ahmed) who was in love with Bhavani. Shankar will even recall how Bindiya caught with an accident on the day of festival", informs our source.

Her entry will be telecast as today's freezing point of the episode.

We contacted Angad Hasija and he says, "Yes, we are shooting with Wasna today and she will be essaying the role of my sister. I have no clue how the story will proceed as we are shooting with her for a flashback sequence."

We contacted Wasna as well, who managed to confirm, "Yes, I am shooting for Phulwa and my entry will air today. As I have not yet started shooting, I am clueless about my character and storyline".

Let's get to know about the bitter past of Shankar's life...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar
Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Shweta Kawatra to enter Phulwa..

Monday, March 28, 2011 | 1:41:22 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Shweta Kawatra to enter Phulwa..

It will be Shweta Khwatra who will essay the role of the honest SSP in COLORS' Phulwa..

The pretty Shweta Kawatra will now be seen essaying the role of a strict and honest police official in COLORS and Swastik Pictures' Phulwa.

TellyBuzz had already reported that Mita Vashisht who was to play the role of the SSP had few date problems as she was busy shooting for a Hollywood project in Jaipur. The channel and production house have now gone in for a replacement, and the actress roped in is Shweta Khwatra who was last seen in SAB TV's Sonu Sweety.

Shweta will essay the role of SSP Amruta Tiwari who has been appointed to investigate the case of Chunni (Aarya) in the village. The SSP will get full support from the little girl Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani) in solving the case.

When contacted, Shweta confirmed the news to TellyBuzz saying, "This was a challenging role that came to me and I decided to take it up. It is a cameo of 12-15 episodes. I play the honest and no-nonsense SSP who will investigate the case of the girl who fell into the well".

Shweta has started shooting from today, and her entry is expected in a day or two. 

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Chunni gets trapped in place of Phulwa!

Thursday, March 24, 2011 | 3:28:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Chunni gets trapped in place of Phulwa!

COLORS' Phulwa has an interesting high point coming wherein Chunni gets trapped in place of Phulwa..

COLORS and Swastik Pictures' Phulwa is headed for some drama with the aggressive Shankar (Angad Hasija) all set to kill the little girl Phulwa (Jannat Zubair Rahmani).

Amidst the Holi celebrations, Phulwa along with her friend Chunni (Aarya) has gone to the nearby well to throw a 'sikka' into it and pray for the happiness of her sister and brother-in-law. The Chote Thakur notices Phulwa covered in a red chunri and conveys it to Shankar that he has to kill the girl with the chunri on.

Our source states, "Shankar will not be able to slay Phulwa when he notices that she is a little girl. He drops the gun right there, and goes away. The Chote Thakur is frustrated with the turn of events, and takes it upon himself to end Phulwa's life. But by the time, he reaches the well Phulwa is not there, and it is only Chunni standing there. Unfortunately, she is wearing the red chunri now and the Thakur mistaking her to be Phulwa, picks her up and drops her into the well".

We hear that there wil be some chaotic hospital scenes shown as Chunni's condition will deteriorate. It is said that the girl might be in coma for a while.

The Police officials suspect this to be a dacoit's plan and they appoint a Senior Superintendent of Police to investigate this case, and also to keep an eye on the village.

Mita Vashisht the talented actor has bagged the role of the Police officer. She is scheduled to start shoot from tomorrow. However, the actress as of now is busy with a Hollywood project and is out of Mumbai.

Our source informs us that if Mita continues to have date problems, the channel and production house might be forced to opt for a replacement.

When contacted, Mita Vashisht told us, "I am outside Mumbai, and I am not allowed to speak about Phulwa".

How will Phulwa tackle this new problem?

Only time will tell...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Holi, the best with tikes!!!

Saturday, March 19, 2011 | 3:15:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Holi, the best with tikes!!!

The bachcha party of the television industry shares their Holi experience

We enjoy all the festivals to the core being a kid, as there are no barriers, no control and no chivalry to maintain. That is the age when we are at our notorious best and technically the age when we are allowed to play the best pranks on others.

As it is Holi, Tellybuzz gave priority to the leading child actors on television.. We have employed the kids first policy here, and have the popular little stars share their Holi masti and fun-filled experiences...

Muskaan Uppal:
You have not got a chance to play Holi in Chhoti Bahu as the leap has taken place, how do you feel?
Actually I am very happy that even though there was the leap, we shot a separate sequence for Holi where Dev and I are playing Holi where we danced for the song Piya Those Naina Laage Re.

From the cast of Chhoti Bahu who would you like to play Holi with? I want to play Holi with Dev.

As Meethi what are your plans for Holi in the sets of Sasural Genda Phool?

I played Holi with the entire family where I sprayed water on everyone with the Pichkaari and played the dhol as well.

What would you like to eat during Holi?
I like to drink cold during Holi.

How is Muskaan planning to celebrate Holi this year? This year I will be playing Holi with my sister where I want to spray water on her, hit her with water balloons filled with coloured water. I am going to have a lot of fun.

Jay Thakkar:

Which is your favorite colour?
Actually I like all colours, but the colours with which I like to play Holi is Saffron, White and Green, Tricolours of Indian flag. But since white is not available, I opt for blue.

This is going to be your first Holi with the crew of Gutur Gu; are you planning to be notorious with someone?
I am going to have lot of Masti on Holi; apart from this, I celebrated my second Holi with Colors and I felt like I am on top of the world because I had a lot of fun in the celebration.

Did Jay anytime get hit by a water-balloon or a water gun?
Actually I had got pushed into the water well once. There was a well there from where we used to fill the pichkaari and it so happened that I pushed one of my friends into water when he had gone there to fill up the pichkaari. That was a tit for tat that I did because he had pushed me earlier.  

How are you planning to celebrate Holi this year?
I am planning to celebrate with my cousins and my elder sister where I am going to have great fun with all of them.

Sparsh Khanchandani:

You have been fighting with Kesar in Gulaal; are you planning to take revenge on Holi?
No because he is also very 'bhola' like me.

If you would want to throw a water-balloon from Gulaal who would that be?
That would be Neeti

If you would like to play Holi with one person from Gulaal who would that be and why?
Mansi Parekh, because I am not so close to her on the sets and hence I would want to know her better.

How are you planning to celebrate Holi this year?
I have a lot of cousins who will be coming to my society and I will be playing Holi with them.

Bhavya Gandhi:

If you want to put colors on any of the cast of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, who will it be?

If I get a chance, I would like to put colour on everybody because, I believe that Holi is for everybody.

The best holi in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah sets?
The Holi we had last year has been the best Holi on the sets of Taarak Mehta, because they had made a bathtub full of water only for the kids and we five kids had great fun pushing and splashing water on each other.

How do you celebrate Holi normally?
I do not like to play Holi with colours, but only with plain water. So I always make sure that I play it very carefully.

What are the plans this year?
This year I think I will be celebrating Holi again on the sets Taarak Mehta and I am looking forward for it.

Jannat Zubair Rahmani:

If Phulwa is at her notorious best, what are the pranks she will play on her co actors in the show?
I am going to sit on a tree and throw cow dung on Lakhiya bhaiya, but I have a wish to play pranks on everybody and all my co-stars.

If I ask you to shoot a person on the sets with a water gun, who will it be and why?
I would like to shoot Divya with the water gun, because she is my friend.

How does little Jannat celebrate Holi every year?
I play with my parents where we throw water balloons and shoot with water guns. But I use herbal colours and I would also advice everybody to use herbal colours as it is safe and nobody will get hurt or bear a skin damage by using them.

What are your plans for this year?

This year I will be celebrating Holi with my entire unit of Phulwa including Siddarth Tewary, but I have a dream to play Holi with Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif as I love them both a lot.

Ali Haji:

If I ask you to surprise a person from Gulaal by putting Gulaal on them, who will that be and why?
My sister Devika and especially on her hair, because she is very particular about it.

How are you planning to make Holi more colourful than the name of the show?
I am going to be there on the sets playing Holi with my parents and my sister.

If I ask you to fill the sets with different colours of Gulaal which all will you choose?

That would be red, blue, yellow and the rest will be water.

What is the most notorious Holi that Ali has played?
I don't think I am that much a notorious boy.

How do you plan to celebrate Holi this year?
This year I am going to play Holi on the sets and I will make sure that all are coloured including the Spot dada.

By Saranya Valsarajan

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Anil Maggo steps in for Mohan Joshi in Dhoondh Legi...

Monday, March 14, 2011 | 5:26:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Anil Maggo steps in for Mohan Joshi in Dhoondh Legi...

Theater artist Anil Maggo will now essay the role of Alka's father in Star One's Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein..

Mohan Joshi who was essaying the character of Nityanand Tewari to the 'T' in Star One's Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein will now be replaced by talented theatre actor Anil Maggo.

Our source states, "Mohan Joshi was perfectly fitting the role of Alka's father, but the actor had date problems as he had to juggle between his film shoot and the show. The creative team has been giving his character a break as and when the actor was not available. But this could not go on for long, as the politician's character happens to be one of the pivotal roles on the show".

Hence the decision to replace him with yet another known name was worked upon. Anil Maggo who is a theatre artist has worked in shows like Grihasti on Star Plus and Phulwa on COLORS.

We hear that Anil Maggo who started his working career in 1977 truly cherishes the opportunity of playing the character of Nityanand Tewari in the Star One show.

We tried calling Mohan Joshi for a comment on the same, but he remained unavailable.

Anil Maggo's entry sequence will be aired in Tuesday's episode..

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Phulwa is fighting against all odds

TNN, Jan 17, 2011, 12.00am IST

The makers of Phulwa on Colors attempted the unexpected! Since the storyline of Phulwa is based in Chambal, to present a factual representation, the team did not compromise and decided to shoot most of the opening episodes in the ravines of Chambal.

While the audience will like the locales of Chambal, the production team has a list of tales to narrate on how they managed to shoot each sequence! From Agra market, Bhateshwar, Dholpur, Holipura and many localities in and around Agra... the team of Phulwa, that's aired at 9 pm, was mobbed at every stage. The most dangerous experience was in Dholpur. As the team was busy setting up for a sequence, the local crowd gathered at the location. The people loaded with arms and ammunition landed up at the location threatened the unit with knives and took away the food that was prepared for the crew.

The team's shooting equipment worth Rs 50 lakhs too were held back under their custody, which was returned after much persuasion. Considering the unit of Phulwa as outsiders, the locals of Dholpur did not like interference in their normal day-to-day life. They went to the extent of rupturing the tyres by laying thorns and huge stones blocks on the way to the location in the ravines. Hats off to the team and for their grit and determination, who despite extreme weather conditions and other hurdles continued shooting in Chambal!

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

12th June- Child Labour Day!!!

12th June- Child Labour Day!!!

Telly Buzz peeks into the life of Child Actors on the World Day against Child Labour...

How many of us know the importance of 12 June?

International Labour Organization has declared 12 June as the World Day against Child Labour and its a pity that the day is not recognized to the extent of a Valentine's Day or Friendships Day. 

Today the scenario is such that the future of the child rests on the financial background of the parents and even though Right to Education has been awarded to all children below the age of 14, how many of us have really seen all the kids at school.

When we say Child Labour the thought directly goes to the children who work as Newspaper boys, Waiters at restaurants etc. But don't you think the acting in TV shows and films also come under Child Labour?

Though we know that acting is an interesting job and children enjoy it to the core as they are pampered on the sets, let us spare a thought on the kids who comprise on their enjoyable childhood and toil on the sets with rigorous schedules both for TV and films.

We contacted Rushi Raj's father to know how Rushi Raj is adjusting his studies along with acting as they are shooting in Vadodara for Imagine's Chandragupta Maurya. He says, "As of now we are shooting in Vadodara for which we have taken as an off from school. We have already taken permission from the school authorities for the same. For his VIII Std final exams we had been to Mumbai."

Jannat, who is the protagonist in Siddharth Tewary's Phulwa, is one of the brightest children in class and as any other proud father Mr Zubair Ahmed says, "Though Jannat is the protagonist of the show, she is not under any pressure like other actors who are working day and night. Once she finishes her class at 12:30 she comes for the shoot and works just for seven to eight hours a day. She makes it a point to complete her homework before the next day she goes to class and is one of the top scorers of the class. Her teachers have no complaints against her as well."

Zaynah, who debuted on TV with Aap Ki Antara and Ziya Vastani who was seen in the movie Bum Bum Bole will now feature together for the first time in SAB TV's Ammaji Ki Gali. How is Mrs Havov Vastani managing to keep her twin daughters grounded even after being actors, "Acting is something they like, but at the same time the school is very strict about their rules and regulations and do not bend it for anyone. Zaynah and Ziya are very down to earth and I make it a point that they are not treated in a special manner."

Well, what do the producers have to say on their child actors?

Yash Patnaik, Producer of Star One's Rang Badalti Odhani says, "Children who are talented should come by choice into the entertainment industry and not for the heck of limelight or force of parents. Children are taken good care of by production houses. Children are sensitive a lot and are handled sensitively and should be handled sensitively. It's all about values and upbringing and children need to be pampered."

Siddharth Tewary, Producer of Colors' Phulwa says, "The impact on children who are into acting profession is a very subjective issue. The children who are talented and have come into acting by choice rather than any other reason do well here. Children's life become hectic for sure but adjustments are always done in shoot keeping in mind the school timings. Children need to be taken care of on the set. We provide comfortable atmosphere on the set to Jannat and avoid giving her night shift unless it is unavoidable. Children's education is a priority and they should not act at the cost of missing out on education. Children who can balance acting and education should get into acting and children should never be forced into acting profession."

Well, Wordsworth had once said, "The Child is the father of the Man", but with time are we forgetting these lines?

Should children be allowed to be children to enjoy their life? This debate will go on and on...

Author: Saranya Valsarajan