Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Voices on Child Labour Day
Tomorrow is Child Labour day and even today there are people to don't feel guilt about making young children work. Even in television industry, there are numerous child artists who work around the clock. We asked our telly stars on their on on child labour and child artists and hectic schedules.
Angad Hasija

What is your take/opinion on young kids turning to acting?
It has good and bad points. Sometimes in certain shows, kids are needed in a show or film and they do a simply fantastic job and are loved by each and everyone. Kids emote themselves so well on the screen. Its amazing to watch them, But on the other hand, there is a negative aspect to it, the kids get too much into acting and do not concentrate on education which a very crucial part in their life. Education makes or breaks a person and even takes them places. One surely needs to know their limits and till where and when should they indulge in acting at a young age. Many kids are not mature enough to handle work pressure, so they should not indulge in it rather, study.
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Child drowned in the lake near the sets of Phulwa

The whole unit of Colors' Phulwa mourn the unfortunate death of a kid that took place in the ...

niveditha thumbnail
Shankar tries his culinary skills in Phulwa

Colors' Phulwa will see Shankar trying his hands in cooking...

niveditha thumbnail
Shankar rubs off Phulwa's Sindoor to free her...

High drama in store for the viewers in the coming episodes of Colors' Phulwa...

niveditha thumbnail

The little nine year old actor Jannat Zubair who is essaying the role of Phulwa in Siddharth Tewary's Phulwa on Colors is a one take artist.

She likes to get the shot perfect in the first time itself. And the fact that she is very clear with her diction, also helps her in giving a perfect shot in the very first take. She has left all the senior actors in the show stunned with her perfection. Everyone on the set are absolutely enthralled by her talent and spontaneity. Whether it was shooting in the cold freezing weather of Chambal or shooting on the sets in film city, Jannat gets into the character effortlessly. Her ease at playing her character of Phulwa reflects in the show and undoubtedly people too have started noticing her natural talent. "I enjoy acting to the core. I love to be in front of the camera. I normally give shots perfectly the very first time and my director and producer are happy with my performance."

Well, some lucky people are God-gifted and are born actors.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Jannat-Zubair-is-a-one-take-artist/articleshow/9097455.cms

niveditha thumbnail
Sargun Mehta has some good work to her credit. Having done some meaty roles in shows like 12/24 Karol Bagh and Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmyudh, she's now currently essaying the lead role in the prime time show based on the life of bandit queen Phoolan Devi - Phulwa.

Sargun says "luck is on my side" and she is happy that acting happened to her. "I came to this industry by chance and thank god for it. I believe in dedication and hard work. I would have been a business woman if
I hadn't joined television," she says.

When asked about her role in Phulwa, Sargum admits that she had no idea she was playing a female dacoit on the show. She says, "Jannat Zubair (the child artist who played Phulwa) really made an impact on the audience so I was under pressure to match up to her standard. However, now I am quite comfortable doing the role."
Like her colleagues, Sargun does not enjoy being a replacement on shows. "Initially, I was offered a lead role in a show, but as soon as I was told that I was a replacement I decided not do it. I don't think audience connects with replacements," she says.

Sargun has proved her versatility with a variety of roles and does not care about the money so long as the role is good. We ask her if she nurses any ambition to work in a Bollywood film and she says, "Who doesn't like to be seen on the silver screen? But I don't plan anything. I believe if you want to make god laugh at you then you should tell him your plan. I am not desperate to do anything to make it in films."

Sargun feels that TV actors need time to settle down when they start their career in Bollywood. "Today audience doesn't give time to TV actors to adjust. Once people will start giving time, working in films will become easier for TV actors," says Sargun.

In real life, Sargun confesses that she's a lot like her character Neetu from 12/24 Karol Bagh. She recalls loads of memories from the sets and shooting in Delhi. She says on a parting note, "I am a very carefree person. Ravi (Dubey) and I met during this show and we became friends. After the show, I moved to Mumbai and then I realised that we were more than friends. My parents also know about him and they are fine with our relationship. Being in love is a great feeling and I am enjoying every bit of it."
niveditha thumbnail

Actress Sargun Mehta is in news for her personal and professional work. She has recently entered Phulwa after the leap in the show and she is dating actor Ravi Dubey.

Coming from a non-filmi background surely was difficult for this Delhitie to get work in Mumbai but she has got some significant work to her credit. We ask her if her parents were fine with her moving from the capital city to the entertainment hub? ""My parents are never apprehensive about anything. Rather they were the ones who told me to go and try in Mumbai as I wouldn't get another chance. People said it was difficult to get work in Mumbai and my parent were getting jittery then, but I got work in ten days and they were fine. They have never forced me to do anything. They have been very supportive and encouraging,"" says Sargun who plans to study from an open university.

During her leisure time, Sargun loves to gorge on food. ""I am a complete foodie. I only think about food all the time. I can't stay without butter chicken and butter naan. And I won't complain if I get Dominos and Pizza Hut pizzas on my plate everyday,"" she laughs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/My-parents-never-forced-me-Sargun/articleshow/9979607.cms

niveditha thumbnail
Sargun Mehta admits that she and actor Ravi Dubey are a couple to Neha Maheshwri

They met on the sets of Karol Bagh and hit it off instantly. Actors Sargun Mehta currently seen in Siddharth Tewary's Phulwa and Ravi Dubey of Saas Bina Sasural fame soon graduated from just friends to lovers, but chose to keep their relationship under wraps. Sargun finally opened up to BT.

"It's been about five months since we started dating. There was no official proposal from either side. We studied each other's silence and knew that there was something more than just friendship." Talking about her beau, a lovestruck Sargun says, "I like everything about him. The only thing that irritates me about him is that while I am busy talking to him, he usually continuously stares at the wall. And when I ask him if he is even interested in listening to me, he tells me that he heard each and every word and he repeats whatever I speak just to prove the same.

He is cute, kiddish and gentlemanly at the same time." The actress, who was a total romantic before she met Ravi, is a complete non-romantic now. She says that Ravi is a born 'unromantic' and cannot surprise her with flowers or gifts. "The only time he got me flowers was when I was angry at him. I am not a flower person but I like surprises which Ravi hardly springs on me." This couple is a self proclaimed movie buff and loves to catch up on movies during their free time. "But, we never go alone. We are always accompanied by friends from our respective shows Karol Bagh and Saas Bina Sasural." Well, remember that two's company, three's a crowd!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Yes--we-are-in-love-Sargun-Mehta/articleshow/9993317.cms
.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Abhay's heroic act saves Phulwa.

Abhay's heroic act saves Phulwa.

ColorsPhulwa to see breathtaking scenes, as Thakur plots his evil plan.

Swastik Picture's Phulwa on Colors has seen many twist and turns. Insiders now suggest that Thakur is all set to make a plan to killPhulwa.

According to our source," On one hand, Abhay (Ajay Chaudhary) is slowly falling for Phulwa(Sargun Mehta) while on the other, Thakur is plotting to kill her. His plan goes like this. Thakur will leave the gas cylinder on, which bursts when Phulwa enters the kitchen. But Abhay saves her just in time."

We contacted Sargun who told us, "Yes, an accident will occur but Abhay will save me. But for the what and the how, you'll have to watch the episode."

Will this be a new beginning in Phulwa and Abhay's life? Let's wait and watch.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar