loses her innocence at age 11?

Posted: 13 years ago
The show description states phulwa loses her innocence at age 11, does this mean what I think it does cos it sounds pretty horrific? or am i misreading entirely?
Let's hope we are all misreading it.
It is scary. I think she will be married off to an older man at 11 and then we all know what will happen to that poor child.

Sad to think that such nonsense takes place. 
The horrific fact abt the real Phoolan Devi as that she was married at the age of 11 to an individual much older to her who used to mistreat her, when she escaped she was declared as an outcast.
Her cousin was the prime reason behind it and as you guys are seeing, he has unlawfully got hold of the land and will now cut off the neem tree and will get Phulwa married off when she begins posing as a potential threat.
And after her return, her cousin accused her of theft and got her arrested and she got repeatedly raped and beaten up in the police custody and after her release she was disowned by her own parents which led to her strong hatred for men.
Oh no! Am not suure if watching the SHow now is at all appealing.

The Show is fine enough but the stroyline is not too comfortable.
rightly said, poetic...  me too very apprehensive of the storyline... it may pull more audience taking advantage of the morbid curiosity... but is that something to be promoted? i have my doubts...

the movie bandit queen had an A certification due to a scene tht contained nudity.  this show may not show that and as per rules, it may not be 'unacceptable'..  but suggestive hints itself is bad enough, isnt it?  and some times even more damaging than showing it all.  i hurts even to think of a lil girl going through all these.  
Originally posted by poetic

Oh no! Am not suure if watching the SHow now is at all appealing.

The Show is fine enough but the stroyline is not too comfortable.

exact my words...๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by nikkie

The horrific fact abt the real Phoolan Devi as that she was married at the age of 11 to an individual much older to her who used to mistreat her, when she escaped she was declared as an outcast.
Her cousin was the prime reason behind it and as you guys are seeing, he has unlawfully got hold of the land and will now cut off the neem tree and will get Phulwa married off when she begins posing as a potential threat.
And after her return, her cousin accused her of theft and got her arrested and she got repeatedly raped and beaten up in the police custody and after her release she was disowned by her own parents which led to her strong hatred for men.

Thanks for that Info..I was wondering What it could be..Its reallly Shocking..But since It comes From Swastic & I read Even Director is also of AJ ...So  I expected Some thing alike..Since With Agle they hv deal with such serious Issue of Girls Selling...Here its So..Its so aweful...PULWA --I m feeling ๐Ÿ˜ญafter reading..But Uptimately where it take that Innocent harrassed Girl  & What She turns I would Like to see....
Originally posted by sudss

rightly said, poetic...  me too very apprehensive of the storyline... it may pull more audience taking advantage of the morbid curiosity... but is that something to be promoted? i have my doubts...

the movie bandit queen had an A certification due to a scene tht contained nudity.  this show may not show that and as per rules, it may not be 'unacceptable'..  but suggestive hints itself is bad enough, isnt it?  and some times even more damaging than showing it all.  i hurts even to think of a lil girl going through all these.  

Its Definitely hurts..I could not see The another show of same PH..Deal with some serious issue..I was like..๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ..But lately the way it come up ..it was really kind of surprize...They comes up with such story back ground only..But The girl never gives up with it ..We'll be shown the strongest Female character Pulwa that can i assur..after show the writers & directors List...
phoolan devi - if whats been written about her is true - is worth all the praise..  could call her the epitome of feminine strength and courage.  not every beaten up woman turned out to be a phoolan devi - it takes a lot to be some one like she.  but still... somehow... its too disturbing... 

you are ryt - we might see one of the strongest female characters on screen through this serial.  and the lil girl is really an eye-catcher...  but somehow, i still get this nagging feeling - that is this really a good theme for the national tv?  with all the violence and atrocities 

may be thats real life for many , may be thts the bitter truth...  but it definitely is disturbing..  and can have deeper impacts.