Phulwa

WU - 13th January 2011 ... The truth is out!

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Lakhiya throws Mangroo on the ground. Mangroo gets up and tells Lakhiya to stop the childish pranks and to tell his Chachi that he has indeed returned their land to them and that he could start farming from the next day. Lakhiya again charges at his Uncle and twists his arm. Both Phulwa and Hemvati are shocked. Mangroo still believes that Lakhiya is mock-wrestling with him and tells him that Lakhiya is indeed strong; after all, he was his nephew and his blood. On hearing this, Lakhiya charges at Mangroo once again, who was trying to get up from the ground. He twists him over and is about to twist Mangroo's neck as well, on the insistence of the Junior Thakur, when Hemvati interrupts and pushes Lakhiya away. Phulwa tries to go to the wrestling arena, but Ramsharan tells her that she should not go there as the land belongs to the Thakur.

Mangroo requests the Senior Thakur to tell Lakhiya to stop all the drama and tell the truth. Lakhiya sits down on the ground, in front of the Thakurs, and recount how Mangroo had failed to appear inside the court, as a result of which the hearing has been postponed for another year. When Mangroo reminds him that Lakhiya had promised to send the papers to his house, Lakhiya laughs and tells everybody that those were forged papers and that Mangroo had not even gone through them; in fact, being an illiterate person, he would not have been able to read it as well. Hemvati also requests the Senior Thakur to make Lakhiya understand. The Senior Thakur tells her that Mangroo had agreed to Lakhiya's conditions in the court premises, and then had gone ahead and cheated his Uncle. So the fault basically lies with Mangroo in being stupid. Jr. Thakur tells Mangroo to give up his dream of becoming a farmer and advised him to continue being a boatman only. The crowd around them starts laughing and insulting Mangroo. Hemvati urges Mangroo to return home, while Phulwa starts crying.

Phulwa sits on the mound and starts crying. Ramsharan consoles her and tells her that she has to be her Father's strength and not cry and make him feel sad. He then urges Phulwa to go home since her Father would need her more.

Once they reach home, Hemvati tells Champa to boil some milk for her Father. Champa is concerned and asks whether everything is fine or not. Hemvati assures her that everything is fine. She then gives the turmeric-milk to Mangroo and asks him to drink it. Mangroo is about to do so when he remembers all the taunts and insults rained at him, at the wrestling area. He keeps the glass away and rushes out of the house, shouting that he could never be a farmer, but would always stay a boatman for life. Hemvati runs after him.

Phulwa sees her Father rushing out of their house, followed by her Mother. She also follows them. They reach the river bank and Mangroo searches for his boat desperately. He looks all around and not finding the boat moored at the bank, he rushes towards the thorn bushes aligning the bank and starts searching for his boat there. His hands become bloodied due to the thorns and both Phulwa and Hemvati try to stop him. Mangroo then suddenly notices Chunni (Phulwa's friend) and her Father walking along the river bank, a bundle of wood sticks tied to the cycle carrier. He rushes to Hariya (Chunni's Father) and accuses him of stealing his boat, and points out that the wood sticks have been chopped from his boat. Hariya tries to explain that he has not done so, but Mangroo is nearly berserk. Chunni then steps in and tells Mangroo that they have indeed not taken his boat.

Mangroo rushes towards the river once again. Hemvati catches hold of him and so does Phulwa. Mangroo keeps on lamenting about his boat, saying that everything is over. Phulwa tells him not to cry and that she is his boat. Hearing this from her mouth, Mangroo gains his control. He then breaks down crying and tells Hemvati that he has been ignorant and nave, as a result of which he has failed to be a good Father. Hemvati consoles him and says that everything must have happened for a reason and that God will show them the way through. Phulwa listens to her Mother's words and starts thinking.

At night, Phulwa goes to the temple and tries to ring the temple bell constantly. The priest appears and asks what she is doing. Phulwa requests him to open the door of the temple since she had something very important to discuss with God. The priest tells her that God is taking rest and that she should come back in the morning to talk with God. Phulwa then meets the Peer Baba who asks her what she is doing outside at night. Phulwa tells him that she has something urgent to discuss with God and is searching for Him. Peer Baba laughs at her and tells her that God resides within every human being; we just need to close our eyes and pray and He will appear before us. Peer Baba goes away. Phulwa closes her eyes and prays to God. After a while, she opens her eyes but finds no one around.

She then goes to her favourite neem tree, folds her hand and starts speaking to the tree. She asks why her Father is always humiliated and taken advantage of, despite him being a good person. She urges the neem tree to answer her and refuses to go home, till she gets an answer to her question. She sits down at the foot of the tree.

Precap – Deep into the night, Phulwa shifts only to find someone else there. Someone with a rifle pointed towards her. Phulwa tries to hide behind the tree from the dacoit (supposedly).

P.S.: Torture with a capital T has started.

The actress playing Phulwa's Mother is very good.

Not much happened today. The wrestling bouts became boring after a point.

Please press the LIKE button, inc ase you like the update. Thanks and Regards 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I think the new entry is the man corresponding to the dacoit Vikram of Phoolan Devi's real story, I am so happy Prashant Narayan is playing this role, he's such a marvellous actor, will be watching Phulwa regularly from now on 😊
mahmansma thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
My heart is in my mouth. I hope they dont have the baby actress undergo any torture scenes. 

I wont be able to take this for sure. Will just wait for your updates, Poetic. Thankfully, you are really fast off the block! Never seen anyone write such quick and accurate updates as you do! Fantastic work!! 
sidra1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks! it was VERY touching when phulwa said "hum hai aap ki nuka" 🤗
i had tears in my eyes watching this scene! 😭 well done Phulwa and the team! 👏
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Nikkie - I am also interested in seeing how the entry of this character/ dacoit turns the tie of the story. Hope they make it interesting. Yesterday's episode was a tad slow, but I guess they wanted to delay the entry of characters till next week.

@mahmansma - Thank you Dear. Since it is a soap at 9 p.m., when most of the family watch tv together, I think they are not going to make the child do the torture scenes. Hopefully not.

As for the 'torture' bit I mentioned, I implied 'torture of the audience'. 😉

@sidra - Agree with you. The way Phulwa told her Father that 'main aapka nauka hoon' was very touching and well done.
Hope the Show picks up.
Anita16 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the lovely update