•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
I'm really liking this character...and this actress. Aside from Devki, she's just about the only one who stands up to IM Virani and tells him exactly what she thinks. I'm glad that she's not one of those "subservient bharatiya nari" types so prevalent in all other serials. I'm also liking Devki...initially I thought she was a little out of her depth with IM Virani....but I liked her scene with Siddharth today where he tells her not to expect IM Virani to understand her dreams or grant her forgiveness. And instead of stubbornly insisting to go and see IM and apologise in person (as many "mahaan" characters are wont to do", she was wise enough to understand what Sid was saying and left without making a fuss. It shows her dignity and class. 

I think Charulata and Devki together can do wonders for IM's arrogance 😆
The women have thankfully not been turned into overdressed Christmas-tree, subservient variety and do have a mind of their own. And the lead has not been turned into a slap-crazy mahaan aatma  The characters behave normally.... in comparison to other shows on air. Half expected Devki to insist on meeting IM and have a huge showdown. What currently works for the show is that its based on a book. And the creatives wouldn't have much of a leeway (hopefully) to mess up the story.

Like the stark contrast depicted of the sleeping quarters of IM and Charu. You have an elaborate headboard and decor on one end, and a simplistic one on the other. After a long time am I watching a show, where the dialogues are hard-hitting.
Originally posted by Eventide

The women have thankfully not been turned into overdressed Christmas-tree, subservient variety and do have a mind of their own. And the lead has not been turned into a slap-crazy mahaan aatma  The characters behave normally.... in comparison to other shows on air. Half expected Devki to insist on meeting IM and have a huge showdown. What currently works for the show is that its based on a book. And the creatives wouldn't have much of a leeway (hopefully) to mess up the story.

Like the stark contrast depicted of the sleeping quarters of IM and Charu. You have an elaborate headboard and decor on one end, and a simplistic one on the other. After a long time am I watching a show, where the dialogues are hard-hitting.

Well this is the acid test - will they stick to the story as per the book - and this means ending the serial at the logical conclusion and in the right way as pertaining to the book - or will they twist and turn the story into something unrecognisable if they get overexcited by rising TRPs? 

@red - exactly. So far she seems to be truly intelligent (unlike the supposedly intelligent on other shows) and more importantly, humble enough to assess a situation correctly and take steps accordingly. 
I like Devki's dressing sesnse too😊Simple yet classy😊
And I completely I agree with you guys on Charu,a woman with a head of her own👏

Originally posted by psawyer

Well this is the acid test - will they stick to the story as per the book - and this means ending the serial at the logical conclusion and in the right way as pertaining to the book - or will they twist and turn the story into something unrecognisable if they get overexcited by rising TRPs? 

@red - exactly. So far she seems to be truly intelligent (unlike the supposedly intelligent on other shows) and more importantly, humble enough to assess a situation correctly and take steps accordingly. 

It is one indeed. The success of the show is often gauged by the number of years it airs.... even if it means butchering the story till kingdom come. The makers are projecting it as a remake of the book. The pace is good enough. Nothing seems filler-ish.... yet. I'd rather take a year long show with a sensible conclusion than a senseless mess.
I hope it stays on track and does not become the run of the mill thing. There were quite a few serials that started off very well but then fell into the typical Saas Bahu sagas. The women are dressed appropriately and not like over decorated christmas trees. Yes, it is a breath of fresh air, an urban drama that will appeal to the urban audience. I only hope they dont turn it into their usual love triangle or discontinue it because of TRPs. because the rural audience that makes up for  bulk of the audience may not be able to identify with it. I think the producers should approach the big companies for sponsorships - companies that produce goods for urban population.
That was exactly the reason why I started watching the soap-its based on an urban theme and does not involve violence and bloodshed.I recently got to know that it is based on a novel.So it gives the CVs less opportunity to interfere with the story,as Eventide pointed out.

But how far the story remains true to the book is yet to be seen.Its too early to comment.Let's all hope that CVs, CH and PH dont succumb to TRPs!
Wish it has a concrete story which does not become a drag later on........
i agree wid all of you
this is why this show is different wrt to other heavy family show
it has atleast overcum sum well-made-fun of points
like heavy jewellry, etc
its lovly to see charulata's chracter
and lov her name charu
cute!
And her chracter has sum really lovly traits,
if teamed wid devki they cud giv IM virani a hard lesson
She's definitely one of the most real characters I have seen on television in a very long time.. The actor is very good too.. in fact all the actors fit in perfectly 😊 came to know that the show is based on a book.. and I really hope they stick to the book rather than messing up with the story just to drag n drag it without any point.. as someone rightly said I'll take a year long show with a logical conclusion than a show which runs till eternity without any purpose..
Through this show they have depicted reality of todays women who are bold enough to voice their opinions be it devki or charulata they are bold enough to stand for what thay feel is just.......