Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Forget about winning, I was sure we would lose when england were only two wickets down and only had the last 9/10 overs to bat where all they had to do was nudge the ball. I was already cursing the Indian team! lol Zaheer did well in the end though to provide us with that breakthrough and given the situation, I was satisfied with the draw I guess. I wouldn't have wanted to see Little Master's century go to waste.

AMAZING match.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Defo! Nail biting match and in the last 3 overs I could actually feel my heart beating so fast that I thought my heart would come flying out of my chest!😆
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amazing match !
Take a bow Andrew Strauss, take a damn bow !!! Incredible to say the least. What an innings under pressure ! Truly, a captain's knock :)
thickhead thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Forget about winning, I was sure we would lose when england were only two wickets down and only had the last 9/10 overs to bat where all they had to do was nudge the ball. I was already cursing the Indian team! lol Zaheer did well in the end though to provide us with that breakthrough and given the situation, I was satisfied with the draw I guess. I wouldn't have wanted to see Little Master's century go to waste.

Zaheer was entirely responsible for the turn-around - 3 wickets in 9 balls at a time when game was very much in England's grasp. Overall, a very entertaining match that ended in a consolatory result - a tie - which is anyday better than a loss, but it also places a big question mark on the quality of our bowling attack. Bangladesh reached 283, England managed to chase 339 ... not a good sign for a team that's considered to be the tournament fav.

P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
 Most people would think that when a team makes a score like that India made odds are they will win. Well done to England for catching up with that huge score! performing with excellence.
karandel_2008 thumbnail

Was this the same pitch where India defended their total of 217 or something in the warm up match against Australia? This time it looked like that the pitch maker had a grudge against the bowlers.

Heart sure skipped a beat in the last over and could have been harder on the heart if it would have gone the other way. Anyway there were so many if this and if that in this match and I heard Shane Warne already predicted a tie, just like an octopus. 😆
Edited by karandel_2008 - 13 years ago
MagixX thumbnail
Yes, it was the same pitch. Obviously, during the warm-up match against Australia, the pitch was under prepared. You hardly get to see a pitch like that anywhere, lolzzz ! 
MagixX thumbnail

Originally posted by: P1nk

Most people would think that when a team makes a score like that India made odds are they will win. Well done to England for catching up with that huge score! performing with excellence.

Exactly. It was an incredible performance by Straussy !! If it wasn't for that almighty choke by the Poms, the result would have been something different. But it is alright for Poms to choke, given that almost all of them are from SA, hahaha !
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

What a Match!!!👏

till 39 over it is expected that India will lose the match badly.....but Zak changed the match...
Last moment,Two sixer in P.chawala's last over & worse of all one clever sixer taken by Shazad from the very last over bowled by Patel was the disaster. Otherwise victory was possible....there is no chance to win the world cup based on batting alone. the batsmen should have faith in their bowlers, else they would be in 2x pressure...😊

mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashrozia

Amazing match !

Take a bow Andrew Strauss, take a damn bow !!! Incredible to say the least. What an innings under pressure ! Truly, a captain's knock :)

if it werent for him and piyush we would have won also we were supposed to get 339, stupid umpire.