Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 - Page 6

P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: monar

Eng-Ind matched looked fixed to me too many twists and turns to believe on the authenticity

Haha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Komal- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ashrozia

Lol, seriously ! Even I thought he was cute. But no, didn't have a crush or anything.

@ Match fixing thing : Yeah, if India lose, it's match fixing, otherwise it's not. Other teams are also as good as India, and some even more. Better to accept it.

India dint lose yaa..

But yea.. evn i dont think it was fixed.. infct it is was a really gud match!
MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ok then, let me rephrase it : If India doesn't win, the match becomes fixed. Otherwise, India is an incredible side. Jeeeeezzz ! Edited by Ashrozia - 13 years ago
thickhead thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ashrozia

Ok then, let me rephrase it : If India doesn't win, the match becomes fixed. Otherwise, India is an incredible side. Jeeeeezzz !

A fixed match doesn't necessarily mean that the result was predetermined, rather its the spot-fixing that's prevalent now. In spot fixing only certain parts of the game like  a no-ball, a missed stumping, a wide, dropped catch, are fixed and these events may or may not have any effect the final outcome of the match.

Concerns regarding fixing of world-cup matches aren't entirely unfounded or baseless (particulary after the very recent scandal that hit the Pak team).  Experts have suggested that format of WC and that the cup is being held in subcontinent - the haven of match-fixing - makes it highly vulnerable and accessible to bookies. Even the ICC-ACSU is well aware of this and is infact so vigilant that they're investigating the possibility of fixing angle in the uncharacteristically slow Watson-Haddin partnership in the the recent Aus-Zim match. So, if something out of the ordinary happens then eyesbrows are bound to be raised and some amount of skepticism is totally justified. 

Dont think anybody here, in this thread said that India lost coz the match was fixed, ppl only raised suspicion that sm of the twists and turns appeared to be contrived. 

Anyday, rational doubts are better than blind belief or faith.

Edited by thickhead - 13 years ago
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Indeed india is an incredible side.. no two thoughts about it, though Indian Team needs desperate Bowling changes. Despite of that even if India would have won the match doubts would have remained. Already mentioned by ppl here, its not about who won the match, as nothing is pre-scripted these days, its spur of the moment and FYI -the max betting on any team this WC is on India and England, make sense?
monar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Believe

I think Indian players are already given much more money and gifts than required. God knows what will happen to cricket...and I dont think last match(ind-eng) was Fixed!๐Ÿ˜Š

amount of money <> satisfaction & contentment, recent scams proved it ๐Ÿ˜Šwhat say? personally I felt it was fixed, this tie thingy, no one can justify it, specially when England were 278/2 (I reckon) in 41st over & looking at current Indian Bowling strength, bouncing back in lethal overs was next to impossible for India, anyways I still loved the fact India is having 3 points rather than 2 after playing two matches.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

amount of money <> satisfaction & contentment, recent scams proved it ๐Ÿ˜Šwhat say? personally I felt it was fixed, this tie thingy, no one can justify it, specially when England were 278/2 (I reckon) in 41st over & looking at current Indian Bowling strength, bouncing back in lethal overs was next to impossible for India, anyways I still loved the fact India is having 3 points rather than 2 after playing two matches.

As an Indian fan, I must say it was a great match of cricket and Personaly I dont feel,there is no chance that the match was fixed.. we doubting the credentials of players like Sachin, Collingwood, Strauss and Sehwag.... :(

If it was fixed, all the involved participants played their roles to perfection... Knowing EXACTLY how to bowl, how to exactly edge, exactly hit a six in the last over etc. etc...

We must all enjoy such perfectionist displays and hope that our governments can administer with such precision... ๐Ÿ˜Š

....but If the match was fixed''.. shame on ICC๐Ÿ˜•
Edited by Believe - 13 years ago
MagixX thumbnail
I do understand what fixing means, thank you very much. 
Well, obviously..the same cricketers are worshipped as Gods here, now don't you believe them at least that much ? & please, every interesting match need NOT be fixed. England is a good side, and so is India. When they both clash, obviously, one can expect a thrilling match. A thrilling match was on cards..Ganguly, etc were speaking about it in many news channels, etc. It was quite expected.
Yes, at one point of time England looked like winning the match very easily. But knowing England since so many years, as I follow their matches vs Australia closely, it was quite obvious that they had pathetic nerves. Them choking was on cards as much as the thrilling match was. I thought Colly would get them over the line since he's supposed to be calm and composed, but well, he is out of form, and that doesn't help England's cause. 
Swann is known to be a big hitter in the lower order, him hitting those sixes is no surprise. & Shahzad has done it against Australia in the past too.
One has to be happy that India didn't lose the match..hardly anyone does, after scoring a damn 338 ! Instead of crying about match fixing, appreciate your team's effort.

& really ?? Rational doubts !? I am sure even one of these so called rational doubts wouldn't have come out had India won the match, lol. Laughable really. 

And for those saying the doubts would have remained, well yeah, let's say every match is fixed. Ind vs Eng, Ind vs Ban, Eng vs Ned, Aus vs Zim, etc, etc etc..! Why do you even watch it then when you know the match is already corrupted !? Jeeeeezzzzz ! That just takes away credit from the players, who know the sport better than you and I do. If one team is into fixing, doesn't mean the whole cricketing world is. 

& a side which cannot defend 338 is NOT an incredible side. It's batting line up maybe the best, but it's bowling is too damn weak ! Cricket is not only about batting, you need to bowl the white thing as well. Batting alone will not win you matches. It is not a balanced side.

Edited by Ashrozia - 13 years ago
MagixX thumbnail

Hmm...well, I'd rather say that it is a disadvantage to have a SA born captain, lol. ๐Ÿคฃ
Ok, England has choked in quite many matches, really...it wasn't a surprise. 
monar thumbnail
Doubting Sachin!! no ways but doubting match yes, rather we had instances when sachin was in the team but the matches were fixed. As I said these are my doubts on rationalities of Match, I never claimed my doubts are rational, they might not. And I prefer to call human a human not god, they are doing their jobs and Sachin is best in the Business so no matter if Match was fixed or not its always pleasure watching his shots.
England choking yes I agree but do you still think Indian Bowling line up was strong enough to choke them?
LOL! SA born Captain owned by Bangaluru