Mukti Bandhan gets good opening...TVRs...

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

The exit of the popular reality show Bigg Boss doesn't seem to worry Rajesh Kamat. His two replacement shows, Phulwa and Mukti Bandhan, have managed to hold audiences at the crucial 9-10 pm band.

Phulwa, loosely based on the life of 'Bandit Queen' Phoolan Devi, opened with a TVR of 4.2, followed by Mukti Bandhan with a 3.86 TVR. Both the shows got an average of 3.4 TVR during the week, a decent opening that needs to be sustained.

Meanwhile, Chak Dhoom Dhoom, the dance reality show which was launched in the Friday-Saturday 9 pm band during the week did not see similar success. The show opened with a modest 2.24 TVR and the average for first week stood at 2.2 TVR, according to Tam data for the week ended 15 January.

Chak Dhoom Dhoom has a bigger role to play as it has direct competition with Zee TV's iconic property – Dance India Dance.

During the week under review, Sony Entertainment Television also launched a new show, Maa Exchange, on the Wednesday-Thursday 9 pm band. The Indian version of Wife Swap, however, managed a opening TVR of 1.6 and average of 1.5 TVR. In the same time slot, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa on Monday-Tuesday clocked a TVR of 3.6.

However, the week was not good for the Hindi GEC genre. Collectively all GECs put together shed 90 GRPs, of which genre leader Star Plus was the worst hit.

Though it remained at the top, Star Plus lost 53 GRPs in the week. It clocked 326 GRPs in the week, down from 379 GRPs a week ago. This helped Colors narrow the gap with Star Plus as it garnered 276 GRPs (last week 296 GRPs).

Zee TV and Sony Entertainment both lost 10 GRPs each and stood at third and fourth place with 222 GRPs and 158 GRPs (last week 168). Sab was at 136 GRPs (from 138) while Imagine TV was the only channel which gained (6 GRPs) to clock 83 GRPs during the week.

Star One and Sahara One followed with 36 and 26 GRPs respectively.

Hey thats great news.............

Hope mukti bandhan continues getting the attraction of viewers n tops the trp chart in the following weeks.....
this is an amazing news
i m so glad its doing really well on 9:30 pm slot
it's doing well................that's great
Its really a good performance at the prime time slots. I really wnt the duo shows in top ten
me 2 i just want MB to bcm slot leader by pitting dat crappy YRKKH........and i want Phulwa to Pip.. Pavitra Rishta.............
thanx for ds info , story seems to be good , i think dt next time it should hv better rank  in all tv shows.....
Originally posted by akki-theGreat

me 2 i just want MB to bcm slot leader by pitting dat crappy              ........and i want Phulwa to Pip.. Pavitra Rishta.............

hey please dont use bad words on other shows. You can discuss freely abt muktibandhanforum and discuss other shows on their forums