Wife leaving Hubby taking children away, but why?

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I have come across A few cases of wives leaving hubby and taking their young child or children with them. But why do women do this? Also happened to a friend of mine in Chennai in their early marriage.
Do women feel that the children wholly belong to them? Could it be post natal depression gone too far?
Law does give them greater rights over children but still such a trend is worrying.
Perhaps ladies feel too protective over the kids or do not like in laws budging in.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

There are various reasons why women leave their husbands. Without knowing the details from both sides it would be just unfair speculation. Not to discredit the love fathers have for their children, but a mother child bond is quite significant. Women carry and bear children for nine months, that develops a connection, which is why women tend to feel entitled to take their children with them.

The law recognizes that both parents have a role in the family, that is why the legal procedures are in place to determine custody. The law is neutral and looks at emotional bonds, as well as fiscal, social responsibility of each parent before determining custody rights. Since traditionally women tend to be more involved in day to day life, schooling, social activities of children mothers tend to get custody rights more often. However, there are several situations where custody is 50-50, or where the father gets full or majority custody.  Sometimes both parents end up losing custody and a grandparent, aunts/uncles, other relatives or even child services get custody. The court really considers a lot of factors before making a fair and objective legal decision.

Summer3 thumbnail
Yes the legal position in most countries is clear and there are many classic cases over custody.
Personally I do feel the mother has greater rights unless she is mentally unsound or incapable of bringing them up.
Of course if the hubby is having an affair or there are major relationship problems the wife is fully entitled to walk out.
But walking out so early in a marriage also indicates a lesser level of tolerance these days. But there should be lesser interference from the families of both sides so that the couple can have more privacy and mental peace. I think with women getting more independent a relationship is at greater risk as she will be less tolerant. A "yes woman" tradition is less prevalent I think.
Perhaps best if couple stay on there own if there are in law problems.
Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Summer3

I have come across A few cases of wives leaving hubby and taking their young child or children with them. But why do women do this? Also happened to a friend of mine in Chennai in their early marriage.
Do women feel that the children wholly belong to them? Could it be post natal depression gone too far?
Law does give them greater rights over children but still such a trend is worrying.
Perhaps ladies feel too protective over the kids or do not like in laws budging in.

I believe true friendship flowers when husband & wife become partners in ascendancy...& Love, Freedom,Good communication, fiancial stability n blah blah is there...nobody try these things...😊
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

</div>

<font color="#0066ff" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>
<div>

<font color="#0066ff" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe true friendship flowers when husband & wife become partners in ascendancy...& Love, Freedom,Good communication, fiancial stability n blah blah is there...nobody try these things...😊</font>

Cultural and religious differences can also cause a rift.
The more unreasonable one partner is the more patience is required of the other partner
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
A child needs her/his mother most.That's why law has given the right to the mothers to keep their children with them.But when he/she turns 18 she/he can decide whom she will live with mom or dad.I agree with this law.But if the father is a good man then the mother should allow her children to meet their dad whenever they want.
Summer3 thumbnail
Well the question here is why are women leaving their hubbies so early in a marriage after having a child ?
Could be lower tolerence
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
If a woman does not like her husband, then there should be no pressure to stay with him..if the child is old enough to think, and choose which parent he/she wants to stay with, then its their choice, but if the child is too young, it should stay with the mother, unless the mother is handicapped, or alcoholic, or in some other condition which unables her to take care of the kids to the best of her ability
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I say crap to the mother child bond. I love my parents equally, even as a little kid of 2 years old. I was and am still crazy about both of them. I would probably kill myself if I were to chose between the two of them.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

I say crap to the mother child bond. I love my parents equally, even as a little kid of 2 years old. I was and am still crazy about both of them. I would probably kill myself if I were to chose between the two of them.

God a child should never have to make such a choice.