Sports/Cricket

The Greatest Cricketer Ever? - Page 12

-NightDreamer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: sonali_N

if d question isThe Greatest Cricketer Ever?

den answer hs to be SACHIN TENDULKAR ...

cricket is also called d game of gentlemens.. and even in dis world of sledging and Match fixing
d name SACHIN TENDUKAR still made us believe d circket is d still game of gemtlemen's ..

all d palyer u mention here Apart from Sachin Tendulkar are definately gr888 no doubt 
respect to all of dem
bt when is comes to gretest cricketer 
d all other players u mention here , they only suggest Name of SACHIN TENDULKAR ...
though it was Sir don bradman , Imran Khan , Steave Waugh ...
to them Sachin is d best ...
he start playing cricket at 16 now he is 38yrs old
he dedicated d most impotant 28 yrs of his life to cricket ..
he ws not der with his father when he died, 
he is not always der at d side of his wife and children when they need him 
well he is Indian is d one thing which make us proud , 
bt though even if he was not from India , den alsoo our answer for d above question is d same .
here I nt mention his any records becoz no need to sayy ..number and stats speeks a lot
compare to his record not a single cricketer is reached dat place ..

IS SACHIN TENDULKAR A MATCH WINNER ?
What do u mean by a match winner...? Hitting 6s and 4s towards the end of the innings and scoring over 7 runs per over and chasing a target? Surely it is match winning. If a batsman does well in the first innings and set a huge target.. or Creating a strong platform in the second innings... isn't it a match winning effort...? Isn't he a match winner...? Yea!! to some extent...! Right...?! So Sachin is not a good match winner... right? Chasing the target is match winning... am i correct?! now, lets talk about ODIs. Please check these statistics... (as of March 2010). Some comparisons with two 'matchwinning legends'.

WON CHASING TARGET

PLAYER
Match
RUN
HS
AVG
Sachin
Dravid
109*
Ponting
124*

IN TOURNAMENT FINALS

PLAYER
Match
RUN
HS
AVG
Sachin
Dravid
103*
Ponting
140*

Highest number of Man of the Match awards...

Is it the award for the worst player in a match?!!

No it is for the best player... right...?!

Then tell me the definition of best player in a match...?!!

Sachin Tendulkar's scores in some tournament finals
Season
Tournament
Vs
Venue
Runs
Balls
SR
1997-98
Coca Cola Cup
Aus
Sharjah
1997-98
Singer-Akai Cup
SL
Colombo
1998-99
Champions Trophy
Zim
Sharjah
124*
2007-08
CB tri-series
Aus
Sydney
117*
1997-98
Coca Cola Cup
Kenya
Kolkata
100*
2007-08
CB tri-series
Aus
Aus
2008-10
Compaq Cup
SL
Colombo
1997-98
Independence Cup
Pak
Dhaka
1996-97
Titan Cup
SA
Mumbai
1994-95
Wills World Series
WI
Kolkata
1990-91
Asia Cup
SL
Kolkata

Leading run getter in Oneday Internationals

Hit maximum number of Centuries in Oneday Internationals

Sachin is the leading run getter in TWO world cups, 1996 and 2003

Out of his 46 tons in ODI, 17 were while chasing and and 29 were in 1st inn.

He is the only batsman in the history of Oneday Internations to hit a double century.

He is the only batsman in the world to complete 10000 runs in the matches in which the team have won.

The most interesting fact is that Sachin has scored 46 hundreds, and out of these tons, 33 hundreds came as matchwinning hundreds. 14 came while batting second... 19 while batting first. which is more than the total no of hundreds scored by the batsman in the second position in the century list.

so agree wid u dear n thnxx 4 dis wonderful post...👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-NightDreamer- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: suchi_dev2006

No doubt Sachin Tendulker.. Beside being a superb batsman, I want to say that he is a very good all rounder, though now a days he hasn't been used as a bowler much, probably due to injury and growing age, for preserving his excellence in batting. But once upon a time he made India won by his bowling performance.. I can't forget the match in Kochi (1998) where he took 5 wicket for just 32 runs against Australia, even if we have to forget Hero cup Semifinal(against SA) and Titan cup semi..Sachin Tendulker is undoubtedly the greatest one of our era according to me

truly said...dear..lagta hai kaafi dewaani hai criket ki ...😳..evn i hav dat match still semi final against SA.. n i still watch ... it's just amazing can't gt out of...i guess i hav watched 100000 times...😆
-NightDreamer- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tomnjerry2

Who said he cnt field.. he has taken more thn 100 catches in both One Dayers n Tests... n he has taken above 150 wkts in ODI's... !!!!  😛

He gives his 100% while fielding  @37 he dives in the field..hez running b/w the wkt is way better thn youngsters playing in the world ryt now !!!! he chases the ball  lika a hare even now !!!!! 😛

hez got everything in him be called the GREATEST ever born... He has scored above 30000 !!!!!! Above all he loves n respects the game !!!!! 😛 

Despite socring this many runs he is humble kind n down to earth..he is out of controversies n has a clear character !!!!! 😛

He is just no great batsman a great circketer who has set example for cricketers all over the world. !!!!😛 he spks less in the field his bat does the work n off the field he is a TRUE GENTLEMAN n GREATEST CRICKETER TO BE BORN !!!!!! 😛 

if u purely take cricketing quality to judge a player thn no one matches him !!!! 😛

Keep---------------Smiling!!!!!!! 😊

Truely said dear..i dunno y sum has 2 interfere in it..bcoz whole world noe who is sachin n hw he play's..if u had watch previous matches of 1999 wen M'azharruddin was captain..wen match gt in  pressure he use 2 give sachin 2 bowl da last over lik need 5 runs in 6 balls or 8,4 or 3 run in just 6balls den he use 2 give 2 sachin n he alwyz does wid winning side...so, hw can u say dat he is not a agud bowler he ALLROUNDER...of evrything...he is A WONDERFUL human being too wid no pride dat's da more importnt thing...
well m not bashing any1 or any player but u said dat he is not gud bowler ..
-NightDreamer- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Kritz08

These are quotes by some of the biggest players on Sachin Tendulkar

"He is 99.5 percent perfect. I'd pay to see him" -Viv Richards

"It's scary, where the hell do we bowl to him" -Allan Border.

"There is no shame being beaten by such a great player. We didn't lose to Team India. We Lost to Sachin Tendulkar" -Steve Waugh.

"Everybody gets 15 minutes of fame. But if there's one person I've admired over a 15-year of period, it's definitely Sachin." - Brain Lara

"Sachin Tendulkar is a genius. I'm a mere mortal" - Brian Lara

"Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time" - Wasim Akram

"wrote on an aussie t-shirt he autographed specially for Sachin. " To Sachin, the man we all want to be "-Andrew Symond
"I have seen GOD , he bats at no.4 for india in Test." - Mathew Hayden

And the greatest of them all...

"I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two... his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel" -Sir Donald Bradman.

Whether some people like it or not ...there can be no one else like Sachin Tendulkar!!!!

wow yeah hav read dis b4 evn i hav too sum...

"There are 2 kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others"- Andy Flower

When you bowl at him you are not just trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him. "I want him to walk off thinking 'that Flintoff, he's all right isn't he? I feel privileged to have played against him- Andrew Flintoff

Don't bowl bad balls he hits the good ones for fours-Michael Kasprowicz

You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick- Brett Lee

Test cricket is bloody hard work, especially when you've got Sachin batting with what looks like a three-metre-wide bat- Michael Hussey

You can never say that he is out of form. He is a volcano waiting to explode and we hope he doesn't do that against us in the one-dayers- Daryl Tuffey

The more I see of him the more confused I'm getting to which is his best knock- ML Jaisimha

In an over I can bowl six different balls. But then Sachin looks at me with a sort of gentle arrogance down the pitch as if to say,'Can you bowl me another one?'- Adam Hollioake(soo rite really he hit evry bowl wedar it's yorker or boucer..will hit for 4 or six..)

i guess i should stop here bcoz wen it cum's 2 sachin evry praises will less for him pages n forum will b full ..but it will goes on...

MysticalRealm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
nightdreamer_mn

Wow!! Wonderful quotes!!! Loved Loved Loved the first one!!
spiritcrimson thumbnail
For me, I have two. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid. Love both of them immensely, and they're both the greatest players for me :D Edited by utfracks - 12 years ago
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
No doubt that Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest.😛 No man on this planet can be like him and he is a great player as well as a great human being. 👏
I like one more guy very much and that's Yuvraj Singh.😉
So Sachin and Yuvi for me.
We can learn from Sachin, doesn't matter a person wants to be a cricketer or not, he is the role model for all the people who aim higher and want to be honest.😊

Edited by Shruti_HR - 12 years ago