.Selena-Lauren. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Heller'(:

Lately at schl I've been kind of been lazy with my revision, and I was wondering if they're any ideas on different techniques.

Ever since I was... 14?
I've been writing my notes in different colors on a white blank a4 sized paper,

Lately I've been trying to tape my voice on my iPod/iPhone and listening to it while I try to sleep.

None of these seem to work...
+& Reading through my pages aren't really helping...

Any help guys?
It would be awesome if you gave some tips,'=P

E.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

W O W,
24 views and 0 comments.
You guys just made my day... :/
beautifuldreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah Please help me tooo
i have GCSE exams in march
and i m just TOOO lazy

i think this year has been the year i've been really lazzy
BAD start :(
burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
When I have difficulties while studying, I tend to make a song out of the keywords  or make this new word out of all of the first letters of the main stuff which I have to know.

I need tips for not procrastinating :(

I've tried making a song out of my science notes.😆

It didn't work out well, tbh I'm disapointed with the AC...
Edited by Ebony. - 13 years ago
burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Make a song with the rhythm of a song you like... It works for me.

Yeah, AC is mostly about relationships 🥱
misskatrina thumbnail
when your reading over your books take notes that helps me
Or move away all your distraction and just read the books that helps too
I did tht for my business final last year you'll be suprised at what reading something can do. For me when I read certain things just stick in my head without me knowing it just read and you'll be suprised. Hope tht helps lol

And i suggest if your readings are online print them out because its alot easier to read that way than on a screen

Dont mind me im just remebering all this thats why there so many edits

But have you ever heard of study music? youtube it I heard it helps.

Oh and this one helps me when trying to study do some free writing. Free writing is writing on paper non stop, this means you can't lift your pen off the paper. do this for 2-5 minutes just write down whatever comes to your mind so ur thoughts or whatever it is. Then stop. Don't look at tht paper. Take a few breathers and then Just go straight to your books, you'll be suprised how clear your mind is and how you can concentrate
Edited by misskatrina - 13 years ago
misskatrina thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pianofied.

When I have difficulties while studying, I tend to make a song out of the keywords  or make this new word out of all of the first letters of the main stuff which I have to know.

I need tips for not procrastinating :(

For not procrastinating... You could make a schedule.
But I never do  make schedules, I find they don't work for me. I just write down all my assignments and exams with their due dates and the date i wrote them down in my book and put them under "to do". I close that book. And open it the next day. I look over which are the closest dates and do those assignments. And so on and so on. Then when the exam days come you'll be glad to know you got your assignments out of the way and have more time to study for your exams. Hope that helps!!

Also give yourself time to rest before the day of the test. And give yourself breaks from a specific subject and study for another one that day.

I was studying all last night by just reading my science notes, since I had an exam this morning.

It worked out pretty well, we got our results back just before lunch.
I got 93%, I know I could have done alot better but this was actually one of the practice exams.

Haha,
@ MissKatrina: I actually study music, I'm going to a music colj soon. Anyways, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it and I'll try it out soon...

E.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot..

Ok so I remember when I sat my A Levels and 2 of my modules were heavily essay based so it required me to learn a lot of information and obviously when you make notes you don't just copy the words straight from a textbook right? So what I used to do is after I made my notes I used to close my book and basically just say out loud everything that I remembered. I basically keep doing that over and over again until I remember all the important bits and then I keep coming back to it. I realised that this helped me a lot. Oh and I was lucky that I got like a month of study leave so no-one was at home and so no-one doubted that I was losing my sanity. :P

Not sure if this will work for you but I thought I'd suggest it anyway just in case this crazy method works for someone else as well lol.