:::Zor Ka Jhatka Rules - pls read:::EDITED - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by modishh

If every other member is free to express their opinion, why not her. I don't see a reason why I should clarify what she is saying. I thought it was pretty clear. Do I have to give justification to each thing I say now?πŸ˜”
Considering you are moderating.. you should have an unbiased approach. Enough said. Tht comment of Megha's was ridiculous. She has the right to say whtever she wants.. but to claim that our comments are a waste time (might not be the exact terminology.. but we all know thts wht she meant) is just pathetic. I am sorry, i wouldn't be condoning such views if I was at such a position.
Originally posted by Meena1

Considering you are moderating.. you should have an unbiased approach. Enough said. Tht comment of Megha's was ridiculous. She has the right to say whtever she wants.. but to claim that our comments are a waste time (might not be the exact terminology.. but we all know thts wht she meant) is just pathetic. I am sorry, i wouldn't be condoning such views if I was at such a position.

If you see my post; I said "Good point" to your post and then continued that Megha was giving her feedback. 😊

Originally posted by modishh

If you see my post; I said "Good point" to your post and then continued that Megha was giving her feedback. 😊

Thank you.. do I get a star now or a cookie perhaps..?

Anyways.. i don't think i am getting across so i'll leave it at tht.

ZKJ  FORUM GUIDELINES FOR DUMMIES
                                   (fun intended, no offense anyone)

How To Behave On An Internet Forum
: Internet forums are either a brilliant community where you can meet and chat with new, interesting people, or full of scornful idiots who deserve to be banned . Below step by step guidelines explain some of the common mistakes people make in forums, which makes them the sort of loathsome fool no one wants to know.Internet forums are either a brilliant community where you can meet and chat with new, interesting people, or full of scornful idiots who deserve to be banned.

step 1:TROLL

A 'troll' posts deliberately controversial or annoying messages for the specific purpose of getting a rise out of people and initiating a hate-filled and overly-argumentative thread. The appropriate course of action is simply not to respond. Don't feed the troll.

Step 2: Godwin's Law

Godwin's Law states that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Step 3: Fanboys

Sadly, there are several members on thee forum who have such an overly-fanatical devotion to their particular celeb that they're somehow incapable of admitting that their celeb can make mistakes. They're best ignored, because 'Fanboys' are basically a special subset of 'Troll', and as such are all Nazis and/ or Hitler.

Step 4: Kiddie Bees (school going kids)

They have funny ways of spelling and don't understand that proper grownups don't want to put up    with their pubescent attempts at 'humour'

Not all  are evil, mind. Just few of them.

Step 5: Post Count

Every time you post, your post count goes up by one. Some people seem to think that the higher the post count, the more worthy and valuable they are to society at large. Frankly, the exact opposite seems to be the case; posting just to up your count is insanely annoying, so make sure all your messages add to a discussion in some way. If you're replying in a thread, make sure what you're writing is funny, interesting or funny and interesting. "celeb rocks or i agree" is not, in any way, shape or form, a valid reply, ever.

Step 6: Respect the Moderators

It's their website, and they can do whatever the hell they like with it. You're a guest, and hassling them about how they run things is akin to going round your Auntie's house and curling one out in her tea-pot .Make sure you are always buttering mods ...lol or else they can take out  your freedom of speech:)

LOL ...remember two important rules

a) mods are always right
b) mods are never wrong

Step 7: DON'T USE ALL CAPS IN YOUR POST

EVER. 'Shouting' through the written word is pointless and annoying, clearly.

Step 8: Picture Etiquette & NSFW

Don't post massive pictures that are wider than most peoples' screens. What's more, don't post massive pictures of filthy grotty po*n or anything in case people are at work. By and large, just remember to be excellent to each other. Be all civil and pleasant. Keep your tongue firmly in your cheek and get a nice thick skin.

Step 9: Signatures

...should be small and tasteful. Massive graphics plugging something you're selling are a right royal no-no. Text is very much preferable.

Step 10: Avatars

Your profile pic is how people picture you, so choose something good-looking, funny or interesting. Pretty much anything goes, just make sure it isn't ugly or annoying and fits with the tone of the forum.

Step 11: Drama

Used properly, The Forum can be a tool for good. If used for overblown, melodramatic weepy Emo nonsense, it's ruined and needs to be scrubbed clean. Learn to relax and take everything in your stride. Noone's on The Internet to get all stressed and angsty, we're all just here for a good time. So leave all your haughty drivel at the door.

Last but most important

"Celebism" is a new religion with some radical fanatics working actively on a movement to convert all humanity into it and later worship them. This is only way to get enlightement in the TV yuga. It is amazing that fanboys are ready to dedicate several 150 pages worth of appreciation threads to these Celebs. If you ask them to write about our freedom fighters or their own parents, they will not able to write more than 150 words πŸ˜•

Edited by .Arjun - 13 years ago
^^ I agree with everything u posted there, πŸ˜† especially the troll, school kids and the fan boys paragraphs. Its all so true, where did u get this from?

Also regarding the troll, yes had my arguments with a share of these, also the fan boys as well who seemed to be school kids. Yes I have had my share of experience in 3 of these guidelines.πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Luv-Shonit

^^ I agree with everything u posted there, πŸ˜† especially the troll, school kids and the fan boys paragraphs. Its all so true, where did u get this from?

Also regarding the troll, yes had my arguments with a share of these, also the fan boys as well who seemed to be school kids. Yes I have had my share of experience in 3 of these guidelines.πŸ˜†

These guidelines are funny but indeed true. I had these from another source, I rehashed them with content specific to this forum :)

Edited by .Arjun - 13 years ago
Originally posted by indn inn0cence

Were you patient? Yeah.

Did you being 'patient' answer any of my questions and did it help come up with a fair solution? No. 

You totally ignored the most important part of my last PM. Btw, it's only been a few days and I've received 3+ warnings, including one 5  minutes ago. How many more shall I be receiving in the coming month? Please do lemme know so I know not to mess with you since you aren't helping much now anyway. πŸ₯±

If u want to talk openly about ur Warnings, then maybe u missed that part where it says date, all warnings were given from 2009 to 2010, none in 2011 and none have been given for ZKJ forum or by ZKJ DT.
And about replying, we try our best, but we have a life to, last few days we've been up long night, trying working here, and we cant reply to 1000 questions on a day or reply to 100 pms every day..

May I know what was the most important part of ur pm?? u can pm me.

Second, this was a rule topic, and has become a spamming ZOne..
** NOTE ** all non-relevant topics, quotes and spamming will be deleted from thsi topic. 
Originally posted by -Nadii-

All members are allowed to express their opinions about the show/contestants. However, this should be done in a respectful manner and these discussions shouldn't go overboard. Criticizing is fine as long as there is no bashing or taunting of any actor/actress.

-- Okay so what if I think SRK is downright creepy (okay all those commentaries on ZJK are scripted but even generally in awards functions etc. he comes across as an extremely creepy person🀒 ) He ruined the show for me! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ 

Now does it sound respectful ? If not, then please lemme know how do you RESPECTFULLY criticize ?πŸ€”

Bashing/abusing other members/actors/actresses in the name of constructive criticism is not allowed.

-- Yes .. and sending FRIENDLY WARNINGS to constructive critics πŸ˜› accusing them for bashing shouldn't be allowed as well! πŸ˜ƒ

No single fan group is allowed to dominate and create a ruckus on the forum. Tolerate and learn to respect others opinions/views.

-- Yes, no single FAN group should be allowed to dominate .. NON FANS rule 😎 J/k (Btw, is kidding allowed or will I be warned for this as well ?πŸ˜• πŸ˜†

Btw, if celebs can be appreciated BLINDLY πŸ₯± then what's wrong with criticizing blindly ? πŸ˜› Plus they are public figures and this is an entertainment show meant for entertaining which is suppose to be judged by the viewers aka US and if we don't like something abt it (be it the rules or the pathetic editing or the creepy HOST or the funny contestants ) we should be allowed to criticize them the way we want. *ofcourse no cheap comments* but if I think SRK comes across as creepy and cheap, then there is absolutely NO need to hit the "report" button every two mins or label me as a basher (not that I care but if there are rules then they should be fair enough)

"A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done" πŸ˜ƒ

What is the whole fuss abt moderation and all in a Rules topic?

IF COC --

Posting messages that are inflammatory and made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum and encourage, incite or continue 'flame' threads. 'Trolling' posts will not be tolerated. Posts that are disruptive and destructive in character will not be tolerated. Flaming is deemed to include insulting, personally directed criticisms and/or posts that include comments aimed to incite anger. Trolling is deemed to include posts aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble. For example, posting to a thread or starting a thread without the intent to contribute positive suggestions or comments. Instead, the aim is negative and disruptive comments.

I guess it's pretty much clear msg that ALL kind of Positive Criticisms on anything is allowed in India-forums.com..Most of the time criticisms become negative, destructive in nature.. And that's a very simple point out here ! Mocking/Making fun of Celebs would not result a positive feedback anywhere and it only breaks the confidence to improve for that particular celeb..

The rules are absolutely right and upright justful because few nembers have the tendency to bash in the quote of 'Criticizing'... And that's where trouble starts.. Fanz are capable of handling criticisms.. But making fun throughout or mocking at them n terming it as 'criticizing' to get away with warnings is disgusting πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Thanks for the necessary steps Moddish.. πŸ‘πŸΌ Appreciate it much πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by .Arjun

ZKJ  FORUM GUIDELINES FOR DUMMIES
                                   (fun intended, no offense anyone)

Step 6: Respect the Moderators

It's their website, and they can do whatever the hell they like with it. You're a guest, and hassling them about how they run things is akin to going round your Auntie's house and curling one out in her tea-pot .Make sure you are always buttering mods ...lol or else they can take out  your freedom of speech:)

LOL ...remember two important rules

a) mods are always right
b) mods are never wrong 

Is that so πŸ˜• I always thought that its the members who can do what the hell they want and it was the Moderator's job to hassle them πŸ˜†