shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 13 years ago

A r t i c l e s  A r c h i v e

This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Choti Bahu.
IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be deleted by Dev Team.

Regards,

Choti Bahu Dev Team

Edited by -Shankar- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Come Fall in Love... Once Again

Love never ends.  It is the infinite, eternal, transformative power of the universe.  Going by the efficacy of this very thought and increasing demand from the audiences to bring their favourite couple Dev & Radhika back on TV screens, Zee TV will soon premiere an all new series of Choti Bahu - the show that was an undisputed leader in its timeslot.

This year, Zee TV will once again touch the hearts of its millions of viewers with the pure, unadulterated and divine love of Dev and Radhika. This endearing and fresh story of Choti Bahu will have a new plot and many more actors,  Dev - Radhika aka Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik will once again warm your hearts as the divine couple intensely in love.

The show will be set in Rawal, the place where the spiritual love between Radha and Krishna actually blossomed according to Indian mythology. The divine love story of Dev and Radhika will start when they are kids. Unlike the protagonists of the first season, Dev and Radhika will not be silent spectators and will now be projected as more outspoken and pro-active people. The story of the new version of Choti Bahu will begin in Rawal and later move to Mathura. Made by India's foremost content producer,DJ's Creative Unit, the show highlights love, relationships, friendship and even spirituality in modern India.

Sukesh Motwani, Fiction Head, Zee TV, said, "We were overwhelmed by the response that we received from viewers for Choti Bahu. Since the time the show ended, we have been flooded with calls, SMS's and mails from viewers all over the world to revive the magic of Dev and Radhika. The Radha - Krishna amour is a love legend of all times. Classical love legends from Hindu mythology and folklore of India are passionate in content, and never fail to appeal to the romantic in us. These fables stretch our imagination, engage our emotions and entertain us. It's endearing to see that Dev and Radhika as characters have become so enormously popular and that their love is synonymous with Radha -Krishna. Also, the idea of exploring spiritual relationships, divinity, the existence of soulmates was so very amazing and alluring, that we developed a fresh plot but decided to retain Dev and Radhika's magic which had caught the audiences fancy. We hope this story too will touch hearts!"

Echoing the same thought, Avinash Sachdev, the man who will once again essay Dev's role said, "Both Rubina and I are extremely elated about being a part of Choti Bahu's new quintessential story."

"It's a complete new show with an entirely new packaging. Besides Kanha, the only resemblance to the earlier show is that I and Avinash play Dev and Radhika but in a totally new and different avataar.  Dev and Radhika's chemistry is so genuine and real that they have rewritten romance on television. Even this time around, we hope that we click with the viewers and are able to portray convincingly the eternal bond of Dev and Radhika," ends Rubina Dilaik.  

For an ethereal mix of love, laughter, tears, tragedy, drama and above all to connect with the divine, do tune in to Zee TV's new show...

"Choti Bahu ' Dev aur Radhika ki ek nayi prem kahani"

http://www.zeetv.com/news-media/press-releases/come-fall-in-love-once-again.html

Clue 19: this previous contestant now playing a vital role where he locks eyes with his one and only
Edited by -Ravjot- - 12 years ago
.Tanya. thumbnail
Avinash: "Thanks to our fan, we didn't miss our flight!"

It's just a few months that Zee TV's Choti Bahu came to  a natural end after ruling the TRP's at the 7 30 pm timeslot but it seems the magic of Dev and Radhika continues to linger on in the hearts of its viewers. Actors Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik certainly found this out for themselves when they arrived late at the airport recently for a promotional activity and almost missed their flight. But lucky for them, the airline staff member at the counter was a diehard Choti Bahu fan and ensured that her favourite stars got to their destination as per their schedule!

"We got delayed due to heavy traffic on the way to the airport, and we never thought we'd make it in time for our flight. However, the lady at the counter was extremely sweet to us and personally ensured that we checked in our bags and got our boarding passes in time." said a very obviously grateful Avinash Sachdev. "It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for us...It was an important activity and her help ensured that we reached on time instead of taking a later flight. And as always it is a great pleasure to meet people who have watched our work and support us."

Watch the magic of Dev & Radhika in an all new love story in Choti Bahu premiering February 15, 2011 every Monday to Friday at 7.30 PM only on Zee TV.

.Tanya. thumbnail

Starry love stories - Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik

Starry love stories - Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik...

A Valentine gift for the readers with the sweet and lovely story ofRubina Dilaik and Avinash Sachdev

..Love is not love, Which alters when it alteration finds, Or Bends with the remover to remove.
O, no! It is an ever-fixed mark,That looks on tempests and is never shaken.
It is the star to every wandering bark,whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.- 
William Shakespeare

When Choti Bahu hit the screens, all loved the cute and innocent couple Dev and Radhika. But little did viewers know that their off screen chemistry was as scintillating as their on screen one!! 

Rubina Dilaik and Avinash Sachdev are now gearing for a comeback on small screen with a new version of Chhoti Bahu, that premieres tomorrow, 15th February at the 7.30 PM slot on Zee TV.. 

Here are the two talking about what they felt at the first meet and how their relationship blossomed into love..

Avinash says, "By the time I entered the show, she was already finalized and had already started off with the shoot because I was still completing with my part in Kis Desh Mein Hain Mera Dil. After Kis Desh, I was actually preparing myself for Nanhi Pari, another show of DJ's Creative Unit, but the production wanted me to do Chhoti Bahu, as the main lead had not been finalized. When they told me the name of the show, I immediately said no to it because the name was really female oriented. But then, when I was narrated the story, I decided to do the show.

Rubina says "The approach that I got from him was really cold initially and the impression that I had was 'what an arrogant guy'. But with the progress of the show and with the passage of time and conversation, I realized that he is not really the kind I had imagined".

Avinash too has a similar view about his girl, "When I met Rubina for the first time, this was my first reaction 'an arrogant girl in the Indian look'".

How did the friendship develop?

Avinash explains "We did not talk for nearly three months and after the television strike, we had to shoot in Panchgini for the first outdoor shoot, where we had no option but to travel together. And that was the time when we got close to each other. On the way we used talked a lot about our family and work and gradually we became good friends".

"It was something magical that happened with the course of time and even we didn't realize how and when the relationship developed into another level",  Rubina adds.

The declaration?

Avinash takes over "There was no official proposal at all and I just bluntly asked one day whether she would like to spend the whole life with me. She was completely amazed and at the moment and she was really confused. But the within two days she said 'Yes'".

Conveying the message to parents?

Rubina shares "My parents have been really supportive about this and we are really lucky on that regard, because for such a relationship parental support is very necessary and that was my main concern."

Excitedly Avinash says "I just asked my parents casually, about how they like Radhika and they said they like her. And my Dadaji is really smart and in the beginning itself he said it's a green signal from his side. I was completely taken aback and happy too because he is the head of the family."

Why then keep it away from media?

Rubina clears "We have been together for the past one and a half years. Actually nobody asked us regarding our relationship and we were not really secretive about it too, as there is nothing to hide."  

Wedding Bells?

The couple has a similar opinion where Rubina says "There is a lot of time waiting for us because we have just started our career and there is still a long way to go. Now we are helping each other in our career and we really need the space to set the career right". 

And Avinash says "The knot may be after two years"

Guess Avinash and Rubina have already got their Valentine's Gift as their show premieres tomorrow!! 

By Saranya Valsarajan

Rubina Dilaik returns as Choti Bahu-2!

Rubina Dilaik is back again as Radhika in the second season of Zee TV show Choti Bahu. The show had shut down in September but is back in a new package. We caught up with this English language graduate from Himachal at the launch press conference where she made no bones about her displeasure. Excerpts:

Why did the show shut down?

Internal dynamics! But it came back due to audience pressure. The bonding that Radhika and Dev had with them couldn't be broken. In the earlier season, the story was over hence we now have to come back with a completely new love story, you can't show us as brother or sister right. The creative department has worked very hard to prevent any comparisons between both stories.

But will the six month gap work against the show?
In a way this break was important for the audience needed some off time before they can accept new characterisations, backgrounds, looks and flavors to Radhika and Dev. Having said that the eternal love between Radha Rani and Krishna which is the USP of the show.

What is the target group of Choti Bahu?
We are making a family drama. While the love story will attract the youth, the decorum and respect might appeal to the older generations. Our aim would be say what we could not say earlier to our audience. The show will have a  mix of various emotions i.e. love, hatred etc, as we need all to make life interesting and complete.

You also found the man of your life in co- star Avinash?

Yes it is very important to find somebody you can connect with at an emotional and spiritual level. There also has to be complete understanding. I did not make many friends in Mumbai as we were always busy shooting, but Avinash Sachdev was always there for me.

Any plans to settle down?

We hope to get married in the next two and a half years to three years. It will not be possible immediately as we have to devote time to Choti Bahu.

Are your parents on board for this relationship?
Yes absolutely, we cannot think of taking such a big decision without their blessings.

How will you spend Valentine's Day?
Since 'Choti Bahu' got us together, we will spend this day on the sets. Valentine's Day is not only about romantic love, but also loving your parents, siblings and friends.

Would you agree to get married on television?
I don't mix my personal and professional life. Your private feelings are too sacred to be telecast merely for stunts on the idiot box. So it does not matter, if somebody pays three crores or six crores for the same.

Off screen chemistry helps you to perform better?
No had some other actor also played Avinash's role, I would have given the same chemistry. That is our job as actors.

You portray the character of Radha very beautifully?

I don't switch on and off. Rather I live the character e.g. I will think how Radha would have been 20 years back and try to bring out the required layers to the scenes.

You have shot in very picturesque locations?

Yes, first we had shot in Vrindavan and now Rawal. It is very important to have beautiful locales.

laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Countdown to Chhoti Bahu begins!!

Thursday, January 20, 2011 | 6:24:23 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    287 Comments
Countdown to Chhoti Bahu begins!!

The magic of Chhoti Bahu will enthrall one and all very soon...

The much-awaited show Chhoti Bahu will be back with a brand new love story of Dev (Avinash Sachdev) and Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) on Zee TV!! While Season 1 depicted the love story of Radhika by keeping Vrindavan as the backdrop, the channel and production house DJ's Creative Unit have done a lot more research this time to come up with a love story with a lot more spiritual touch in it. 

Our source states, "This time the backdrop of the show will be Rawal, the place where Radha actually made her presence felt in order to fall into a divine and spiritual love story with Krishn, according to the Indian mythology. The story of the new version of Chhoti Bahu will begin in Rawal and will later move to Mathura". 

"This time the divine love story of Dev and Radhika will start when they are kids. The story will start from the childhood version of the duo, and will take a leap later on. The leap is expected to happen after 10 episodes, but all will depend on the way the love story of the kids gets accepted by the audience", adds our source. 

Unlike the protagonists of the first season, Dev and Radhika will now be projected as more outspoken and pro-active people. They will not be silent spectators and cannot be overpowered by people. This aspect of the protagonists will bring in some freshness to the story. 

"The show will not be counted as the Season 2 of Chhoti Bahu. It will also not have the tag line of 'Sindoor Bina Suhaagan'. It will be a completely fresh story with a new tag line which is being decided as of now. It will probably be on the lines of Chhoti Bahu Ek Nayi Prem Kahaani. Though the initial story in Rawal will have a typical rural backdrop, the story line in Mathura which will be Dev's household will have the needed urban elements in it", elaborates our source. 

The casting process is getting finalized as of now, and the show is all set to go on floors by this Sunday. If all goes well, Chhoti Bahu will be launched in the Valentines week in February. Chhoti Bahu will be getting the same time slot of 7.30 PM which created a record of sorts for the channel. 

"The Cricket World Cup starts from February 19th, so it will be very essential that we launch Chhoti Bahu before this date", adds our source. 

When contacted, Rubina Dilaik told us, "Yes, I guess the show is going on floors from the last week of this month. We are shooting our first outdoor schedule at Mathura". 

Well, all we can say is that the countdown to seeing the favorite Jodi of one and all, Dev and Radhika again on screen has begun!! 

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

laxmis thumbnail

Aditya Lakhia, Sangeeta Kapure in Chhoti Bahu..

Monday, January 24, 2011 | 6:12:22 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    124 Comments
Aditya Lakhia, Sangeeta Kapure in Chhoti Bahu..

Known names like Aditya Lakhia, Sangeeta Kapure, Ashish Kaul andRakesh Pandey have been roped in to play meaty roles in Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu..

Zee TV and DJ's Creative Unit's upcoming show Chhoti Bahu will see some popular names in its cast apart from the leads, played by Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik

Aditya Lakhia who plays Laali's father in Zee TV'sAgle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo will now essay the role of Radhika's father in Chhoti Bahu.Sangeeta Kapure who was recently seen in a cameo role in Star PlusTere Liye will play the lead negative role. Veteran actor Rakesh Pandeywill also be seen essaying a pivotal role. 

Our source states, "Shoot with the kids essaying Radhika and Dev has started. Aditya Lakhia has been roped in to play Radhika's father who is a weaver by profession. Rakesh Pandey will be seen playing the role of Dadaji". 

Sangeeta Kapure who got popular for her negative role of Ragini in Imagine's Sarvagunn Sampanna will essay the role of Mohini, who is very self centric and negative. 

When contacted, Aditya Lakhia confirmed his presence in Chhoti Bahu and said, "Yes, I am playing father of the lead girl, which is played by Rubina. It is a very different character when compared to my role in Agle Janam. I have not yet started shoot, and am looking forward to it". 

Sangeeta Kapure too confirmed that she is playing the negative lead in the show. 

Rakesh Pandey told us, "I know that I am supposed to play the role of dadaji. Apart from that, I have no other information". 

We also hear that Ashish Kaul has been finalized to play a meaty role in the show.. 

laxmis thumbnail

Muskaan Uppal to play the young Radhika in Chhoti Bahu..

Monday, January 31, 2011 | 1:17:35 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    126 Comments
Muskaan Uppal to play the young Radhika in Chhoti Bahu..

The charming little kid Muskaan Uppal has been roped in to play the younger version of Radhika in Zee TV's upcoming show, Chhoti Bahu..

The cute little girl Muskaan Uppal who came to the limelight in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil will play the younger version of Radhika in Zee TV and DJ's Creative Unit's upcoming show, Chhoti Bahu. 

TellyBuzz had earlier reported that Aditya Lakhia, Sangeeta Kapure and Rakesh Pandey play pivotal roles in the show. We had also reported that the new love story of Dev (Avinash Sachdev) and Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) will blossom from their childhood days. 

The channel and production house were on the lookout for an impressive face to play the small Radhika, and have now zeroed in on Muskaan Uppal. The girl is presently seen playing the role of Meethi in Star PlusSasural Genda Phool

Our source states, "Muskaan will have a very different look in Chhoti Bahu. She will be shown as a bubbly girl who does all the house hold chores in the house. She will be shown to have a connect with Kanha from a tender age". 

We called Muskaan Uppal's mother to get a confirmation, but she refused to comment. 

However, our source confirmed that Muskaan has already started shooting for Chhoti Bahu. The boy to play Dev's younger version has not been finalized yet. The leap is  expected to take place after the initial 10-15 episodes..

Chhoti Bahu will be launching on February 15th and will take its original slot of 7.30 PM. With this, Swastik Pictures' Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo will be winding up on February 10th. 

The channel apparently is planning a curtain raiser for the Second Season of their one-time flagship show, Chhoti Bahu.. 

laxmis thumbnail

Rate This

Current Ratings

Choti Bahu's Dev And Radhika Shake A Leg On Lux Did Doubles
Avinash and Rubina aka Dev and Radhika of Zee TV's Choti Bahu fame charmed the audiences while displaying their dancing skills on the sets of Lux DID Doubles. There is no doubt about the fact that the star-crossed couple on screen are brilliant actors but little did we know that they were brilliant dancers too.

Their sizzling on screen and purported off screen chemistry came alive on stage as they swayed gracefully to the tune of Saiyaan by Kailash Kher. Master Marzi was so impressed by their act that he said, "Avinash take my word for it when I say this – You are a far better dancer than me." Avinash could not believe his ears and checked with Marzi if he was actually talking to him to which Geeta praised them saying, "You two make a lovely couple and compliment each other. The best part about you two is that even though you are here to promote your upcoming show, Choti Bahu, your approach to this prestigious platform as hard core dancers was commendable."

Dev and Radhika's humility touched everybody's hearts and the entire unit wished them luck for the second innings on their immensely popular show, Choti Bahu.

Tune in to Lux DID Doubles to watch the magical love of Dev and Radhika this Saturday, 9:30 PM only on Zee TV.
laxmis thumbnail

It's not Atif, but Ali to sing the title track of Chhoti Bahu..

Saturday, February 12, 2011 | 4:10:46 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    70 Comments
It's not Atif, but Ali to sing the title track of Chhoti Bahu..

The new title track of Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu has already worked wonders for the singer!! However, there is a bit of confusion here.. Read on..

The countdown for the launch of Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu has already begun, and viewers are waiting with bathed breath to see the magic of Dev (Avinash Sachdev) and Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) hit the screens yet again!!!  

The title track of Chhoti Bahu which reads, 'Har Raah Tere Sang Dekhu… Har Baat Tujpe Khatam'
has already become a rage and is being appreciated. However, there is a matter of concern for the singer here!! 

The buzz all around the town is that the title track of Chhoti Bahu Season 2 is sung by the renowned singer Atif Aslam. The inbox of  the channel's account has been flooded by fan mails which say that the song sung by Atif Aslam is already a hit!!. 

But the latest we hear is that the song is not sung by Atif Aslam, but by a new comer named Ali Aslam who is for the first time singing on small screen. The fact is that Ali Aslam has joined hands with Supriya Joshi to sing the title track...

We contacted Ali and he asserts, "I know that there is a buzz that the title song is sung by Atif Aslam, but frankly speaking I don't appreciate it when I am being compared with Atif Aslam. That is very harmful for my career (laughs). I want to create my own style and genre, which should not be compared with anyone".

Having said this, Ali Aslam is on Cloud Nine that his song is being appreciated.. "As long as the audience likes the song, I am fine with it. I thank all of them for liking my voice", signs off Ali.

We wish Ali and of course the entire unit of Chhoti Bahu all the very best... 

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar