Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

GR8 Magazine, Valentine Special issue article ............on Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik

The Text of the entire interview............😃

To Start Off, were you'll dating someone while doing the show or before it?

Avinash and Rubina (Unanimous answer) No, we were both single at that time.

What was your first impression about each other?

Avinash: I always felt that she is a girl who has a fake attitude and I totally dislike such people. That is the reason why except for our shots together, I would never really stand in front of her. I wouldn't sit where she was already sitting and we would never interact.

Rubina: The first time I met him was for our first scene and the interaction was very formal. He seemed to be very arrogant, but it only gradually that you come to know about the person and I slowly came to know that he's the submissive and cool sorts.

Avinash: I also remember the time when we had gone to Vrindavan for shooting where even our rooms were next to each other and yet we never spoke, just shot. But then we went to Wai and we were made to sit in the same car. That was the first time when we interacted well.

Have you ever had past relationships? How do you think he/she is different from you other ex's?

(Rubina replied quickly before Avinash, "Yes, he must have been in to 1.....2.....4.....5.... 7...9....I don't know how many relations")

Avinash: Yea, She's right. I actually have no count of how many girls I have dated. But I never felt the same for any other girl except Rubina. I was fed up of the girls I dated, particularly because of solving their problems. I wanted someone with who I could share things and make my life better. With Rubina, my love was planned, if I may say. Maine soch liya tha, ke propose karunga aur agar yeh haan bol degi, toh shaadi karke hi chhodunga. I proposed to her on 21st Dec '08. I wanted a girl whom I could introduce to my parents without embarrassing myself; be it with regards to her dressing sense, the way she talks or the way she is. And Rubina has all her values intact.

Rubina: I had been in to 2 relations before this. But there is absolutely no comparison at all. The entire feeling is different and our relation goes much beyond love.

How did you realize that you have started falling for each other?

Avinash: The year 2008, itself was very dramatic. Rubina wasn't very sure about our relation and I believe the feeling gradually sinked in to her......

Rubina: (Continues)......Absolutely! It was on 6th Jan 2009 that I was finally sure about us. The whole thing was very magical. It's like you gradually get in to the flow. How someone arrogant can turn in to someone so beautiful to you. We started spending a lot of time together and the entire thing was very dramatic.

Which have been your best memories together?

Avinash: For me it was our Lonavala trip. Rubina had just come from Shimla and it was immediately after a day that I took her to lonavala so that she may feel at home.

Rubina: For me it's 9th Dec 2010 when he proposed to me with a ring. He almost surprised me. We had just gone out to spend and celebrate the day to Murud Jazeera beach. He climbed on one of the pavements, like you have on Marine Drives and just stood there. I stopped him as I thought he might just fall down. He proposed to me very elegantly and I was totally overwhelmed! (Gleams with a lovely smile)

So when do we hear the wedding bells ringing:

Avinash: Mera koi bharosa nahi hai, mann kiya to do saal main shaadi kar sakta hoon, ya 6 mahine main, ya kal hi........I am very unpredictable.

Rubina: Yes, Exactly, yeh na kisi gharwalon ko bulayega aur ho sakta hai mujhe bhi last moment pe hi pata chale.

Who is the boss? Who has upper hand in fights ?

(Rubina raises her hand immediately)

Rubina: It's always me who's the boss I definitely have the upper hand..

Avinash: We have divided our departments basically  and i look into financial and social- cum party matters. She looks into the household affairs.But yes,she is the BOSS.

The Best gifts given to each other......

Rubina: The first ever gift that he gave me was a temple that I wanted for my house; that matches the decor of my place. It holds a lot of importance in my life and I take it along with me wherever I shift. The first ring that he gave me on my birthday in 2009 is also very special. I couldn't celebrate my birthday that year so he also got me a huge card.....

(Avinash interrupts):......which was handmade. And its the only thing that I have ever made by hand till date.

Rubina: Oh yes! And it was divided in to three dimensions of Love, Concern and Responsibility which are the most important factors in any relationship. Then, the guitar that he gifted me because I am passionate about it. I don't really know how to play it well and have recently joined a class for it. Last but not the least, the solitaire that he gifted me for proposal is extremely special.

Avinash: I will start from the recent ones. Since I love travelling and clicking pictures, she gifted me this camera. Then she gifted me a trip to Thailand and Pattaya, which has some amazing destinations for parasailing, jet skiing et.al.

Rubina: And there again he gave me the liberty to shop whatever I want to. So, I shopped from the three biggest malls over there. And I actually shopped till I drop. When we returned back, we had almost three extra baggage's but since those people on flight recognized us as Dev and Radhika of Choti Bahu they didn't charge extra money from us.

Have there been any rough phases in your relations:

Avinash: Life main aap jab tak dukh nahi jheloge tab tak aapko sukh ka ehsaas nahi hoga. Not everything can be hunky dory and it shouldn't be so. Aap choti choti baaton se bhi seekhte ho and that's the essence of Life. The way you fight and deal with the matter shows your maturity level. People who know me think that I am like a kid when I fight. It's about knowing that the person is very important to you and dealing with it.

Rubina: I completely agree with what he says. We have seen our relation all these years and the sort of arguments we used to have, have changed over this time span.

What do you have to say about 'Love Aaj Kal'?

Rubina: I think people take love and their loved ones for granted these days and realize it only a little later.

Avinash: But personally, I feel that it's not all that bad as well. Even taking for granted has two sides to it. If I have immense trust in my partner, it means I take her for granted and no XYZ person can shake my belief. And it has the negative side, too, which we know, ofcourse. I take this thing in a positive way.

What do you like and dislike about each other?

Avinash: As far as liking is concerned I like her totally and there's simply nothing that I hate about her.

Rubina: I dislike it when he is lost in his I-Pad and he momentarily forgets me. Also while having lunch or dinner he all of a sudden starts pulling my cheeks.

Describe yourself as a couple......

Avinash: As a couple we are poles apart. I like night life and she loves day, I love travelling by train and she loves travelling by flight, I love partying and socializing while she doesn't.

Rubina: I would describe us as a versatile couple. We are like those balancing scales where one side is at times low and at times high, but together they are always balanced. I would say in a way, we complete each other.

What does Valentine's Day mean to you?

Rubina: For me, everyday is a Valentine's Day. You don't need a special day to express your love to your loved ones. Personally, 9th Dec is a Valentine's Day to me as there are some cherished memories.

Avinash: Exactly. And we have had so many dates that I don't even remember.

What are your Valentine's Day wishes for your readers?

Rubina: Be lovable, spread love and expect love.

Avinash: Somewhere down the line everyone knows what he/she wants in life and what kind of partner does one expect. Its just that they don't want to look in to it and unnecessarily just fool around. It's like if there's a hot girl around doesn't mean I wont pay attention to Rubina. Why waste time? 

(That's more of an advice to readers than wishes........)👏

laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Love is the most important part of my life : Avinash Sachdev

Zee TV's popular show 'Choti Bahu' that ended in September last year is all set to make a comeback  with a fresh storyline. The lead pair Avinash Sachdeva and Rubina Dilaik aka Dev and Radhika is all ready to sizzle on screen. In a candid chat, Avinash shares about his comeback on television and his future plans.

You started your career with 'Choti Bahu' and soon became every girl's dream man.  How did you feel when the channel decided to bring the show to an end?

'Choti Bahu' was the turning point of my career that actually established me where I am today. Though it was my fourth show to act in; I got to see the greatest phase of my life all because of it. The show was really close to my heart. It was one of the saddest moments for me when I heard about the show going off-air. But I was happy that it ended on a good note and even after it was pulled off, we received plenty of hate mails and letters from the fans asking to bring back the show. Finally, 'Choti Bahu' that was made to see its end is returning only on public demand.

We saw you playing a husband and a businessman in the original version. As you have said, this time the show is coming up with a new storyline. So have you done any kind of preparation for the role?

During my first show, I played a young 'Raj Purohit' who loves his family and his wife. But my schedule was so busy that I hardly got any time to work on my body. But this time, I am playing a college guy who is in search of his real parents. This time, I got enough time as I wasn't shooting and gained around eight kilos to suit into my role. We, the unit have thoroughly prepared for the show.

It would not be wrong to say that with Dev, you have been typecast in an innocent good guy image. Do you mind playing a negative character in future?

As an actor, I would always prefer something authentic and different at the same time. When it comes to a character, I don't mind playing a negative or a comic role provided the script is good. There's so much of competition today, but being an actor I can never think of compromising with roles for the sake of keeping myself busy. As far as reality shows are concerned, they are not me. Apart from acting, I would like to see myself directing a film someday.

Is there any resemblance between Avinash and Dev from 'Choti Bahu'?

It would be hard to believe for some of you but there isn't much of difference. I am the only child of my parents and have been pampered a lot. I love my parents a lot. I am very hard-working in my real life too. I remember that as I was preparing for my I.A.S examination when the show came to me. Initially, it was very difficult for my parents but they supported me for whatever I did and will always do.

Last but not the least, who is the dream girl of Avinash? Do you have any plans for Valentine day?

Right now, I am only concentrating on my show. However, I believe that love is the most beautiful thing to experience. Love is the most important part of my life. For me, it's about loving your friends, family or parents and spending quality moments with them. I will spend my Valentine day with my loved ones. I believe in giving good memorable moments to my loved ones rather than gifting materialistic things. 
Also, I would like to share that this year, the day matters to me very much as my show 'Choti Bahu' a tale about two lovers ' Dev and Radhika' is airing on the same day.

Originall posted by DG86: https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1609548

Edited by laxmis - 13 years ago
laxmis thumbnail

I don't mind working non-stop: Avinash

Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik
Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik get talking about non-stop hours at work, viewers' expectations and doing a lovemaking scene on TV 

The name of the show remains the same "Choti Bahu", and so do your names, don't you think the viewers will get confused and expect a glimpse of what they had seen earlier? 
Avinash: I have to mention this clearly ' this is not the sequel of our previous show "Choti Bahu". It is a new concept that allows us to retain our previous names Dev and Radhika but play different characters. My instant reaction, when this offer came my way was 'But how is it possible?' For it is an idea which is still unheard of. Kuch ajeeb sa lag raha tha. Yakeen hi nahin hua. I couldn't digest the fact that "Choti Bahu" was coming back on the small screen. Earlier the transition was from Avinash to Dev. But now it's from Avinash to Dev and Dev again which is a different character. 

Rubina: I would be lying if I say the show doesn't throw any challenges. In fact, the biggest challenge will be to ensure viewers don't look for any parallels between what has been aired and what will be on TV soon. It will be not that easy to break the image we created earlier and allow viewers to have a fresh perspective. 

Why don't TV actors who are as now popular as Bollywood biggies, get to endorse big products and walk the ramp? 
Avinash: Yes that's a fact. I believe, the key reason for this could be the kind of roles we essay. 

Rubina: It is much easier for viewers to watch a Bollywood actress wear a bikini or endorse that product than believe that saree/suit-clad TV's bahu betiyan do that. We can't go beyond the bounds of decency. Also, ad makers have their constraints. "Choti Bahu"'s Radhika can endorse perfume brands but admakers aren't willing to take that risk. Sex is selling like hot cakes on TV too. 

What if you get to do bold scenes on the small screen? 
Rubina: We have done some bold scenes in "Choti Bahu". Things get difficult when sex is interpreted only as vulgarity. Agreed, there exists a thin line of demarcation but the two shouldn't be confused. 

Avinash: It depends on what is stated in the contract I sign. If it mentions that I would be expected to do something similar because the script demands, I will have no objections doing the same. 

Do you feel that you are overworked but are still underpaid? 
Rubina: Though the thought does bother me sometimes, I console myself by saying, 'Rubina you are a college-goer. There was a time when people didn't know you or recognised you. But now you have earned not only the popularity but also the appreciation of your viewers.' I'm happy about all that I have managed to achieve at such an early stage of my career. 

Avinash: I'm 24 and by the time you turn 24 you would have just completed your MBA and would have started looking for a job. Acting in daily soaps is serious business and it helps me earn over a lakh every month, much more than what many MBA professionals get initially. I'm better off than my contemporaries. Mehnat bhi hoti hai ' lekin phir payment bhi utni hi hai. So, I don't mind working non-stop and working hard. I'm happy with what I get. 
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/I-dont-mind-working-non-stop-Avinash/articleshow/7515037.cms#ixzz1EFB07i3w

laxmis thumbnail

Cradle Love

16 Feb, 2011

The second edition of Choti Bahu with an all new love story, launched on 15 February has retained the popular couple of Rubina Dilaik and Avinash Sachdev aka Radhika and Dev. And while the roles of the younger Dev & Radhika were up for grabs, the crew has found the cutest young kids who fit the bill perfectly!

Muskaan Uppal who has featured in Lafangey Parinde and Nikunj Pandya who was last seen in blockbuster Yamla Pagla Deewana, will now essay the roles of Dev & Radhika. Though the crew were expecting to have to deal with starry tantrums and unreasonable demands from these young Bollywood stars, they were pleasantly taken by surprise when the kids turned out to be a pleasure to work with.

"The level of professionalism that they show at such a young is quite astounding!" said producer, Deeya Singh. "Muskaan lives up to her name! She is always smiling; even at 2 am! I remember having to shoot a scene at 2 am in the morning, and Muskaan and Nikunj just kept the energy on the sets alive! While the rest of the crew were dragging their feet, the kids on the show just kept going - their energy is infectious!"

Watch this  l'il dynamic duo in action only on Choti Bahu every Monday to Friday at 7.30 pm, only on Zee TV.
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Another article from different TOI EDITION

DIRECT DIL SE

Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik get talking about non-stop hours at work, viewers' expectations and doing a lovemaking scene on TV

Divya Pal I TNN

The name of the show remains the same "Choti Bahu", and so do your names. Don't you think the viewers will get confused and expect a glimpse of what they had seen earlier?
Avinash: I have to mention this clearly ' this is not the sequel of our previous show "Choti Bahu". It is a new concept that allows us to retain our previous names Dev and Radhika but play different characters. My instant reaction, when this offer came my way was 'But how is it possible?' For it is an idea which is still unheard of. Kuch ajeeb sa lag raha tha. Yakeen hi nahin hua. I couldn't digest the fact that "Choti Bahu" was coming back on the small screen. Earlier the transition was from Avinash to Dev. But now it's from Avinash to Dev and Dev again which is a different character.
Rubina: I would be lying if I say the show doesn't throw any challenges. In fact, the biggest challenge will be to ensure viewers don't look for any parallels between what has been aired and what will be on TV soon. It will be not that easy to break the image we created earlier and allow viewers to have a fresh perspective.
Why don't TV actors who are as now popular as Bollywood biggies, get to endorse big products and walk the ramp?
Avinash: Yes that's a fact. I believe, the key reason for this could be the kind of roles we essay.
Rubina: It is much easier for viewers to watch a Bollywood actress wear a bikini or endorse that product than believe that saree/suit-clad TV's bahu betiyaan do that. We can't go beyond the bounds of decency. Also, ad makers have their constraints. "Choti Bahu"'s Radhika can endorse perfume brands but admakers aren't willing to take that risk. Sex is selling like hot cakes on TV too.
What if you get to do bold scenes on the small screen?
Rubina: We have done some bold scenes in "Choti Bahu". Things get difficult when sex is interpreted only as vulgarity. Agreed, there exists a thin line of demarcation but the two shouldn't be confused.
Avinash: It depends on what is stated in the contract I sign. If it mentions that I would be expected to do something similar because the script demands, I will have no objections doing the same.
Do you feel that you are overworked but are still underpaid?
Rubina: Though the thought does bother me sometimes, I console myself by saying, 'Rubina you are a collegegoer. There was a time when people didn't know you. But now you have earned not only the popularity but also the appreciation of your viewers.' I'm happy about all that I have managed to achieve at such an early stage of my career.
Avinash: I'm 24 and by the time you turn 24 you would have just completed your MBA and would have started looking for a job. Acting in daily soaps is serious business and it helps me earn over a lakh every month, much more than what many MBA professionals get initially. I'm better off than my contemporaries. So, I don't mind working non-stop and working hard. I'm happy with what I get.

Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik

Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago
v3gradev09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Another Article:

Rendezvous with Avinash Sachdev!

Edited by v3gradev09 - 13 years ago
v3gradev09 thumbnail

Another Article (2/21/10)

Saurav Chakrabarti to go grey for Chhoti Bahu..

Edited by v3gradev09 - 13 years ago
laxmis thumbnail
Choti Bahu TRP's for 1st week.
And the overall Hindi GECs report card shows' 
February 24, 11 
Fatema Rajkotwala

Even as most Hindi general entertainment channels have seen depleted ratings, Colors had added a chunk to its scorecard. As per data from TAM Media Research for CS 4+ Hindi Speaking Markets, Star Plus stands at 299 GRPs from 318 last week, with high rating shows such as 'Saathiya' and 'Pratigya', 'Yeh Rishta...' and 'Tere Liye' making it to the top 10 shows this week. Newly launched, weekday fiction show, 'Dor', has opened with a 2.25 TVR and averaged at about 2 in the first week.

At No. 3 in the GEC rung, Zee TV has shed 9 points and has grossed 210 GRPs. The second run of 'Chhoti Bahu', launched on February 15, 2011, opened with a 3.35 TVR, settling at an average of 3 in the first week. 'Pavitra Rishta' continues to rule the fiction shows and has peaked at 5.89 TVR this week. When compared to Colors, Star Plus had one movie telecast last week, 'Anjaana Anjaani', while Zee TV had two movies last week, 'Coolie' and 'Break Ke Baad', all earning less than 1 TVR each.

Next in the order is Sony Entertainment Television at 143 GRPs, down from 180 points last week, which has taken a dip after the 'Filmfare' catalyst from last week. New launches from the YRF stable, 'Khotey Sikkey' have clocked in ratings of about 1 TVR, while 'Kismat' has peaked at a 0.65 TVR in its opening week. Sony aired two movies on Sunday, 'Chak De India' (1.14 TVR) and 'Koi Mil Gaya' (0.67 TVR).

The narrowing gap between the two sister channels has lessened this week as SAB has settled at 134 points from the high point of 153 GRPs. Amongst the next group of GECs, Star One has been maintaining a steady 40 points for the last two weeks, which is a slight increase from its 35-38 mark. 

Originally  posted by Gur.N.Cool 

v3gradev09 thumbnail
.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Micckie Dudaaney to enter Chhoti Bahu!

Micckie Dudaaney to enter Chhoti Bahu!

Micckie Dudaaney who was last seen in Imagine TV's Bandini has been roped in to essay a grey role in Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu...

The big leap in Zee TV and DJ's Creative Unit'sChhoti Bahu took place yesterday, where for the first time the leads Dev (Avinash Sachdev) and Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) were introduced. In the next few episodes, more new characters will be seen entering the show.. 

One such character is that of Micckie Dudaaney, who was last seen in Imagine's Bandini. He will play the character of Viraat whose sole aim is to grab the entire Purohit property. He wants to attain the stature of the Raj Purohit. Saurav Chakravarthy who is presently seen in Imagine's Kitani Mohabbat Hai will play the role of Rohan. 

We contacted Micckie Dudaaney and he confirmed, "Yes, I am essaying the character of Viraat in Chhoti Bahu. My character can go to any extent to be the owner of the property and to become a Rajpurohit".

"I have started shooting for the show from yesterday,  and expect my entry to air sometime next week", signs off Micckie Dudaaney.

He will be married to Mohini essayed by Sangeeta Kapure.

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar