Choti Bahu Articles Archive - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
The Bong Connection

During breaks you will find a group of Bengali actors and crew huddled together on the sets of  Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu. Reason? Well, apparently the place is swarming with Bongs who are always looking to spend time together to discuss the dying traits of traditional Bengalis and their cultural traits. Sourabh Chakrabarti (Rohan), Siddharth (Chenu), Sushmita Daan (Padma) and the creative head of the show are all Bengalis and they bond over chai, chanachoor (namkeen) , Kobita (poems) and Rabindra Sangeet.  

Bengalis have a natural inkling towards literary art and the actors on Chhoti Bahu are no different. They sit for hours together discussing the works of Tagore, Saratchandra Chattopadhyay or Satyajit Ray.

Rabindra Sangeet is considered too boring for today's generation since it doesn't get the crowd head-banging and grooving in the same way rock or pop bands do but the Bengali actors on Chhoti Bahu  still believe in the traditional mode of entertainment regaling themselves with adda sessions.

The current track shows Rohan's 23rd birthday being celebrated while Maheshwari and Virat are counting days for the Rajpurohit WILL to be opened. Radhika has a feeling that someone unknown is keeping a watch on Dev and her which makes her feel uncomfortable. On the other hand Rajpurohit who has been mute for 12 years starts speaking and in the process exposes Maheshwari's evil intentions.

Tune into Choti Bahu every Monday to Friday, 7:30 PM only on Zee TV.
----------------------------------

Radhika to dig the truth in Chhoti Bahu..

Radhika to dig the truth in Chhoti Bahu..

Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu will see a suspense track wherein Radhika will try to find the Black Sheep in the family..

The new promo of Zee TV and DJ's Creative Unit's Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachiseem to be paving way for a suspense track in the show. It gives a hint that there is someone in the family who is planning some bad moves which will affect the whole family.

We hear that Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) will soon get a sniff of things and will start to dig out the truth.

A little birdie from the sets informs, "Today's episode will see a miracle where the bed ridden Dadaji who was not in the position to speak for the past many years, will now utter few words to Radhika which will create the doubt in Radhika's mind. Though not clear, Radhika will understand about something happening against the family."

We too hear that it is Maheshwari (Pragati Mehra) who is behind all this mess.

We contacted Rubina and she says, "I have no idea as I have just shot for the promo. I am looking forward for the track about who the culprit is".

With this a new track for Chhoti Bahu will develop..

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

-----------------------------------------

Rohan and Radhika to go thro' Saat pheres in Chhoti Bahu..

Rohan and Radhika to go thro' Saat pheres in Chhoti Bahu..

The marriage of Rohan and Radhika will be planned in the near future in Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi..

Zee TV and DJ's Creative Unit's Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi has taken to a new twist with Rohan (Saurav Chakrabarti) turning negative. He is hell bound on making Dev's (Avinash Sachdev) life miserable and wants to get Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) back in his life by hook or crook.

Rohan has a plan in mind and will start incorporating that in the coming episodes.

A little birdie tells us, "Rohan will put a thought in the minds of the elders in the house that if they plan to get Radhika and Rohan married and reconstruct the past, Rohan might recollect the past
happenings and get back to his senses. The elders plan to get the Saat Pheres of Rohan and Radhika done in the Vat Savitri pooja. This situation increases the problems of Dev and Radhika. As the wedding day fast approaches, there is a lot of tension in the air".

We hear that there is a twist being planned by the creative team, and as per that, Rohan will be exposed in front of Dev and Radhika just before the wedding takes place.

When contacted, Saurav told us, "As of now, I am aware of the fact that Rohan has turned negative. I don't know whether a wedding track is being planned".

This track will go on air by this week..

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dev-Radhika to run away in Chhoti Bahu

Dev-Radhika to run away in Chhoti Bahu

Dev-Radhika of Zee TV's Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi flee from the house...

It's finally time for some good moments for Dev and Radhika as soon the viewers of Zee TV'sChhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi which will go thro' some major twists in the coming episodes.

A little birdie from the sets informs Tellybuzz, "As Rohan (Saurav Chakrabarti) is torturing Radhika post marriage and Dev cannot tolerate the misbehavior of Rohan towards Radhika. Therefore due to this misconduct and torture of Rohan, Radhika and Dev will plan to run away from the house."

We also hear that it's actually Dev who will plan to kidnap Radhika and take her away from Rohan. But as Radhika can't bare the truth of Dev's name getting maligned, she joins hands with Dev and goes along with him.

"While together, viewers can witness some good and cozy moments between Radhika and Dev which will be stretched to four-five episodes", adds source.

We contacted Rubina Dilaik aka Radhika and she said, "Something is going to happen that will prove as a shocker to the audience but they will have to wait and watch."

Avinash Sachdev states, "I can't say anything on this track."

Guess the audience will get to see what they want…

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar
-----------------------------------------------------------
Celebration with stars of Zee

'Celebration' was the theme of the evening as Zee TV hosted an event 'Umeed Se Saji Zindagi' to usher in the new brand and positioning.

The event saw performances by all the leading stars on the channel thereby making it a truly memorable night for the true superstars - viewers of the channel who had from all corners of the country to celebrate the unveiling of the new logo with the Zee family.

Karan-Abha from Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, Mona-Anukalp from Ram Milayi Jodi, Laxmi from Sanskaar Laxmi and Manav from Pavita Rishta captured the flavor of the heart of India through the joyful representation of various states in the 'Dhadkan' act. Archana, Radhika, Abha, Laxmi and the rest of the bahus represented a veritable gamut of vibrant colours through their graceful dancing in the 'Rainbow' act .It was an evening that encapsulated everything that the channel has stood for through the years.

Rubina Dilaik aka Radhika says "Zee will be changing its logo from 19th June onwards and it was a pleasure performing for the channel. I performed on the song 'Masakali' and the dance style was contemporary."

With long standing popularity of reality shows Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and Dance India Dance, it was only fitting then that the best of the best be a part of the celebrations. Previous and present Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contestants Kamal, Abhilasha, Sugandha, Raja Hassan and Anik took the evening to a crescendo with their singing while the best of the dancing talent of Dance India Dance had the audience dancing along, with an act that had classical, contemporary and hip hop performed by crowd favourites Dharmesh sir, Prince, Siddhesh, Mayuresh and others. Comedians Manish Paul, Suresh Menon and Ali Asgar were at their rib tickling best all through the night – poking fun of all and sundry!

The channel had promised its viewers a night to remember and the special selected viewers who were present couldn't agree more. They enjoyed themselves thoroughly, dancing, cheering and singing along with their favorites who took to the stage to entertain them.

Be a part of the celebrations as Zee TV ushers in the new brand on June 19th, 2011 at 9 PM only on Zee TV. 

Benaf Dadachanji to enter Chhoti Bahu...

Benaf Dadachanji to enter Chhoti Bahu...

Benaf Dadachanji is all set to enter as Radhika's childhood friend inZee TV's Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi...

After playing the tough and the vampish Ganga in Zee TV's Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki RaniBenaf Dadachanji is all set to enter Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi as Radhika's childhood friend.  

Telly Buzz had already reported that Dev (Avinash Sachdev) and Radhilka (Rubina Dilaik) will run away in the coming episodes after the intolerable torture of Rohan (Saurav Chakrabarti). In the middle of their escape, the duo will bump into Barkha, the childhood friend of Radhika who will be played by Benaf.

A source says, "Barkha is a childhood friend of Radhika and this will be the first time that this friend will be shown after the leap. Barkha has turned into a bubbly and a mature girl and is ready to help Dev and Radhika in any way. She will also help them even after getting back home."

We contacted Benaf and she said, "Talks are on, but have not got a confirmation and I can talk about this once everything is finalized."

We hear that Benaf will start her shoot soon.

Catch all the twists and turns in Chhoti Bahu in the coming episodes.

Reporter: Srividya Rajesh
Author: Saranya Valsarajan

• Celebs talk about Father's day

TNN Jun 19, 2011, 12.00am IST

On Father's Day, celebs talk about some unforgettable father-son/daughter moments, the equation they share with him and more

Avinash Sachdev, Actor

My father is my best friend and there is hardly anything that he doesn't know about me. I tell him stuff that I might not share even with my friends. When I decided to give up my IAS dreams to become an actor, it was a huge decision but he backed me and motivated me to shift to Mumbai. He has taught me to never lose self-respect.

Edited by laxmis - 12 years ago

Younger, Restless Too

PriyankaPereiraTags : Aakash ChawlaShobha Somnath KiDeeya Singh
Posted: Fri Jun 24 2011, 03:37 hrs

Will Zee TV's latest revamp to include contemporary issues attract a younger audience?

Indian television, is to keep changing tracks. After being on the top, the Zee Network has seen many ups and downs as competition became stiff over the years. It forced Zee to reinvent itself ' with a fresh strategy and look ' at regular intervals. The latest reinvention exercise undertaken by it saw the unveiling of a new logo and the launch of two new shows, apart from several changes in its ongoing series

According to Aakash Chawla, marketing head, National Channels, Zee TV and Zee Cinema, the three-dimensional logo, without any border or box around it, implies the "new out-of-the-box strategy". As part of this strategy, Zee TV is launching two new fiction shows, Shobha Somnath Ki and

Going by their business history, Zee's latest efforts don't come as a surprise. The channel, launched in October 1992, was the country's first General Entertainment Channel (GEC), paving the way for Star Plus and, much later, Sony. Their contemporary shows, such as Banegi Apni Baat, Tara, Campus, Sailaab and Hasratein, ruled home entertainment in the the early 1990s. After Star Plus' saas-bahu shows became TRP-toppers, Zee too hopped onto the bandwagon. "We have always tried to do something different. For instance, Bidaai started the trend for small-town dramas and Jhansi Ki Rani brought back historical shows on TV," Chawla insists.

Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuen, along with a first-of-its-kind non-fiction show, India Ke Jaanbaaz.

Of late, however, the channel has been struggling to stay in the race with a number of their shows going off air unceremoniously. Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharma Yudh went off air in May after barely a six-month long stint. Bhagonwali, Sanjog Se Bani Sanjini and 12/24 Karol Bagh shared a similar fate. Only Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Keejo and Jhansi Ki Rani seem to be doing well. "We have never been lucky with the 10 pm slot," explains Chawla. He hopes to change that now, with Mrs Kaushik. "It is the story of five young daughters-in-law who deal with the family elders with a modern approach. Shobha Somnath Ki, that focusses on young Shobha, will appeal to children too," says Chawla.

Despite the talks of renewing its strategy, Zee seems hesitant to take a big leap. Instead, it is testing waters with new shows that focus on younger audience while retaining some of its older shows, such as Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Choti Bahu. Changes are being made in existing soaps as well. "Pavitra Rishta underwent a generation leap to give it a contemporary angle and the protagonist in Ram Milaye Jodi is a working girl," says Chawla.

Deeya Singh, who has worked closely with the channel since its inception and has produced some of their successful shows such as Banegi Apni Baat and Choti Bahu, believes that a change in content was required. She feels that Zee's revamp should be able to get back its depleting audience. "Our country is youth dominated, but there are thousands of women who form our key audience base. Going with the revamp strategy, our storytelling will take a more positive turn in Choti Bahu in an attempt to balance both kinds of audience," says Singh.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/younger-restless-too/807849/0

Edited by laxmis - 12 years ago
Benaf: Not interested in tv actors 
Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media
Benaf Dadachanji is more popularly known as baby of STAR Plus' Baa Bahu Aur Baby, a show that made her a household name. Later Benaf went on to experiment with her roles like the negative one in Jhansi Ki Rani and her new bubbly girl role in Zee's Choti Bahu. Here's a chat with Benaf about her choice of roles, her passion for traveling and her secret boyfriend. 

Showing 1  of 4 images  Previous     Next

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What prompted you to choose Choti Bahu?
I play a physiotherapist Barkha who is a childhood friend of Radhika. She enters Radhika and Dev's house to help their dadaji. Barkha is a sensible girl, bubbly and talkative. She has a simple look with minimal jewellery.  

Barkha sounds like Benaf with the chirpy talkative characteristics.
[Laughs] Not at all. Other than the talkative and bubbly aspect the only thing common between Barkha and Benaf is that their names start with B. nothing else is common.

How has it been shooting for Choti Bahu? What has been the response?
I have been shooting for a week only and people on the sets and my family seem to like the role and my work. I enjoy working with the unit as the people are nice professionals. 

So will Barkha end up falling for Dev as reports indicate?
[Smiles] well I am not at liberty to talk about the future of my character. Let's wait and watch.

You were last seen in Jhansi Ki Rani. How was the experience of working on a historical show?
Mind blowing. Not only was it fun to wear all these different costumes, jewellery and talk in chaste Hindi but I enjoyed playing a negative role too. This was the first time I ever played a negative role and I had fun. It was challenging and interesting. I wouldn't mind doing another negative role in the future.

Your claim to fame was Baa Bahu... How do you look back on the show?
Yes, Baa Bahu Aur Baby was definitely the show that put me on the map. It made me popular and a known face on television. I loved Baby, her tantrums and her innocence. Moreover I also loved being part of that unit which became a family to me. Back then, there weren't so many channels so bagging a 7-8 trp was super cool but today even if a serial hits  3 on the trp ratings, it is hailed as a hit.  Baa Bahu Aur Baby ended over one and half years ago but when I meet people in malls and airports, they still remember me as Baby. 

What kind of work were you looking for post BBAB?
I wanted some sensible work, something that was substantial and interesting. I had to wait a while before I got Jhansi and once that ended, I got a break of six months before I got Choti Bahu.

What did you do during the break?
I travelled a lot. I went to Egypt, Malaysia, Dubai, Thailand, Manila. It was spectacular to travel around and see the world. 

What are you most passionate about?
I am passionate about cars. I can read about them and talk about them. Though I have a Santro in Mumbai, I have driven a Beamer and SUVs. I am currently saving money to buy a BMW. It is my next big dream. I love travelling and would love to do a travel show. I enjoy eating variety of food as I am a foodie.

Interesting incident with a fan was?
When I was doing BBAB. A girl came to meet me on the sets who was like like Baby suffering from Polio. It was strange that her life reflect Baby's life totally. She too had a supportive family like Baby's and got married to a wonderful guy. I was really happy for her. She had got a scrap book collecting snaps of our show. It was really sweet.

Are you single?
No, I am dating someone but he isn't from the industry. Actors and industry folks don't interest me. I wouldn't want to reveal more details about him or us for now. 

What is your idea of romance?
To be with my guy alone somewhere – it could be a beach or a hill top. To enjoy the dark sky and gaze at the stars.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Benaf-Not-interested-in-tv-actors&aid=3010