Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Rubina Dilaik returns as Choti Bahu-2 - Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Rubina Dilaik returns as Choti Bahu-2!

Rubina Dilaik is back again as Radhika in the second season of Zee TV show Choti Bahu. The show had shut down in September but is back in a new package. We caught up with this English language graduate from Himachal at the launch press conference where she made no bones about her displeasure. Excerpts:

Why did the show shut down?

Internal dynamics! But it came back due to audience pressure. The bonding that Radhika and Dev had with them couldn't be broken. In the earlier season, the story was over hence we now have to come back with a completely new love story, you can't show us as brother or sister right. The creative department has worked very hard to prevent any comparisons between both stories.

But will the six month gap work against the show?
In a way this break was important for the audience needed some off time before they can accept new characterisations, backgrounds, looks and flavors to Radhika and Dev. Having said that the eternal love between Radha Rani and Krishna which is the USP of the show.

What is the target group of Choti Bahu?
We are making a family drama. While the love story will attract the youth, the decorum and respect might appeal to the older generations. Our aim would be say what we could not say earlier to our audience. The show will have a  mix of various emotions i.e. love, hatred etc, as we need all to make life interesting and complete.

You also found the man of your life in co- star Avinash?

Yes it is very important to find somebody you can connect with at an emotional and spiritual level. There also has to be complete understanding. I did not make many friends in Mumbai as we were always busy shooting, but Avinash Sachdev was always there for me.

Any plans to settle down?

We hope to get married in the next two and a half years to three years. It will not be possible immediately as we have to devote time to Choti Bahu.

Are your parents on board for this relationship?
Yes absolutely, we cannot think of taking such a big decision without their blessings.

How will you spend Valentine's Day?
Since 'Choti Bahu' got us together, we will spend this day on the sets. Valentine's Day is not only about romantic love, but also loving your parents, siblings and friends.

Would you agree to get married on television?
I don't mix my personal and professional life. Your private feelings are too sacred to be telecast merely for stunts on the idiot box. So it does not matter, if somebody pays three crores or six crores for the same.

Off screen chemistry helps you to perform better?
No had some other actor also played Avinash's role, I would have given the same chemistry. That is our job as actors.

You portray the character of Radha very beautifully?

I don't switch on and off. Rather I live the character e.g. I will think how Radha would have been 20 years back and try to bring out the required layers to the scenes.

You have shot in very picturesque locations?

Yes, first we had shot in Vrindavan and now Rawal. It is very important to have beautiful locales.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the article.  I like Rubina's candid replies especially not getting married on TV and keeping things private.  These reality shows bring down the stardom.  

Hope the "internal dynamics" do not ruin the new show.  The channel and PH are trying to take all the glory for the old show, yet have not talked about the ending of the show at all.  If I were the interviewer,  the first thing I would ask Diya Singh is the reason for ending it so disastrously without revealing any crimes and punishing anybody.

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for posting the interview Rubina has expressed her feelings in a very candid manner.
august123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
thank u for the article.
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think this is one of the first candid interview given by Rubina. πŸ‘πŸ‘The internal dynamics were quite open to the audience too.......The dismal way the script was handled gave away the fact  that all was not well. Whether the channel and PH have learned their lesson, only the future will give an answer to that question. I also liked the fact that Rubina is not interested in reality weddings.....For me some things are meant to be personal and they should be kept personal.

Angie along with Deeya Singh I would have also asked Mr. Strategy Planner, the Fiction head to answer the same question. It is the ultimate responsibilty of the channel to decide what tracks to broadcast and not to broadcast.......since all those tracks were forced down the viewers throat from the end of 2009, that meant the channel was ok with it.

Thanks for posting the article.
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
jsre thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. the internal dynamics was sensed by the viewers also rightly jst wish cb2 does not face the same problem . One more confusion ruby states the show as a family drama i remember an article stating cb2 as comedy and not a family subject ......have i got it wrong r what i jst dnt remember can anyone clear it
barkhaagg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i loved your interview rubina.
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Thnx for the interview.Liked the way Rubina answered the questions,about herself , her personal & professional life.
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanx for sharing the article...
laxmis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the post. Very nice interview of Rubina.