Kaali - Ek Agnipariksha

Hindi Comedy Videos

jayhindtv thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Popular TV talk show Movers & Shakers is back in a new format, this time on the internet with Sumeet Raghavan set to play show host instead of Shekhar Suman. Titled Jay Hind!, it went live on the web Aug 15 , 2010"A  sequel to Movers & Shakers, is aired exclusively on internet, which will make it the first ever programme to be exclusively made for the new media. The concept of the show is similar to Movers & Shakers," Abhigyan Jha, the director and the producer of the show said in an interview.The 15-20-minute-long show is especially designed for internet users. Jha says he has changed the format of the show, but there are no changes in the creative team that worked with him on Movers and Shakers."The same creative and writing team is working for this show, we can expect same exciting and hilarious content. We will also have guest appearances by celebrities. We will also do some zany gags outside the studio, we will shoot on the streets across the country and that will make it an interesting watch," Jha said.From politics to Bollywood, business to Indian Premier League, the show hits various subjects to create humour. Asked why he chose to launch it on the web, Jha said: "On TV there is a glut of mediocre programmes while on the internet there is a growing audience that wants to watch cutting-edge entertainment that is not even close to boring."The original show Movers & Shakers went on air in 1997 on Sony with actor Shekhar Suman as its host. It helped the actor build his persona, but after hosting it for more than three years, Shekhar abruptly bade adieu to it in June 2001. The director says he wanted to re-launch Movers & Shakers on Sony TV in 2001, but it couldn't be possible due to creative differences.To generate interest regarding Jay Hind, Jha has also come up with a new concept called Boothnath - he plans to set up booths where people can vent their anger in front of the camera. "We plan to put these booths up all over the country. Every week there are two episodes monday and friday on jayhind.tv."

"Jay Hind is a celebration of free India. It is also a celebration of the strong India that doesn't mind laughing at its ironies and follies." Jha said.

The experimentation with a full-blown stand up comedy show for the first time on the Internet twelve years after the resounding success of Movers and Shakers on Indian Television has paid off for producers Abhigyan and Mirnal Jha of Undercover Productions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ILuvagudLaugh thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

With all the comedy shows on TV, I still feel the dearth of good comedy and I could still use a good laugh.

What is it with comedy that tickles people? Is it the in your face humor, is it sarcasm, is it poking fun at somebody or is it just not definable. For instance, I would laugh at what a Jerome K. Jerome wrote, and I would laugh at someone slipping, then falling and bumping their head on America's Funniest Home Videos and I would also laugh at Daya ben's idiosyncrasies. Let's face it, what's funny is funny, and a good joke cracks me up. 

For instance, when a celebrity makes a bad movie or a politician makes a boo-boo, or the pope is caught unawares, or we have a wardrobe disaster, or we have an accent problem, or when the queen wears a funny hat, or when an oscar winner's photo is camouflaged with a bufoon's or when a male politician has a female voice, or vice versa, it is seriously funny.

One such show that got me thinking (and of course laughing) is 'Jay Hind'. So thank you Jay Hind, for I am still laughing.

-ILoveagoodlaugh